Internet dating dilemma

Options

Replies

• ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Those are blatant lies. IT and Chef are not interchangeable. That's like saying I'm a gyno just because I've looked at and touched vaginas.

WAIT! you aren't !!!? but,...but you told me you were!!!

bwahahaaahaha

I'm basically all but certified. I'm perfectly qualified.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    If you started chatting to someone on an internet dating site and you found out they lied? You then confronted them, and their response was, "who doesnt lie on these sites?". Their profile said they dont have children and they do, also they said they are in the IT/ communications industry, and they work as a chef.

Would you continue chatting with them?

This one is WAY too easy. Absolutely not.

I believe that all relationships, whether they're romantic or just friends, need honesty. And if this person is starting off in finding a new relationship with lies, then that's not the kinda person I'd wanna have a relationship with.

I met someone last summer who lied online about her age ("Guys don't want to meet women in their 40s. And besides, I don't look a day over 35" (She did.)) and lied about the fact that she was a smoker ("I only have one or two when I'm drinking." Sorry, but that's still being a smoker.). She also turned out to be quite a bit racist, so I was more than happy to call it an early night. Needless to say, she never heard from me again. :)

And the next time someone asks "Who doesn't lie on these sites?" Simply say, "Me. Bye."
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    LMAO, no.

Is he also 6 2", dark, handsome , 9% bodyfat and squats 350kilos for reps?

how YOU doin?

I'm doing well! I'm actually 6'4" and own a multi-million dollar company on the side for when my Olympic career is over!

Hands off she is mine!

Cranky I'll Be round later to pick you up in my helicopter.

Pfft I leave my helicopter parked on my yacht most of the time!
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    A lie is a lie.. No matter how little or big! Just because "everyone lies one the internet", doesn't make it okay. It shows a lot of immaturity.. Relationship, friendships, etc. are based off of trust. They lied from the get go, and will prolly continue to lie.. Dust yourself off and move on!! :flowerforyou:
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    You will always be wondering if he's lying every time you talk.
    So no, it's not ok to lie specially about having kids.

Btw what made him think he was going to get away with it unless he was just playing with you and never had intentions of meeting.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    LMAO, no.

Is he also 6 2", dark, handsome , 9% bodyfat and squats 350kilos for reps?

how YOU doin?

I'm doing well! I'm actually 6'4" and own a multi-million dollar company on the side for when my Olympic career is over!

Hands off she is mine!

Cranky I'll Be round later to pick you up in my helicopter.

oh my!
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    No.

Who wants to get into a relationship with someone that started lying from the start?

This. I met my wife through one of the sites. Thus, I have a bit of experience with them and lying is an absolute deal killer IMHO.

I met my girl on POF. Lucky for me, she did not lie. Although I did want to date a girl with NO kids, I knew what I was getting into. She told me one time she met a guy and it did NOT look like his picture, she immediately walked away from the date. Lucky for me.:drinker:
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    this makes me think of :
    th?id=H.4560921160450173&pid=1.7

lies from the start...
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I met my bf/future dh online. Neither lied to the other. Fudging your height or weigh a bit is one thing, but having kids when you said you didn't is a huge deal. For me, having kids would not be a deal breaker, but lying about it would
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    nope.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If you started chatting to someone on an internet dating site and you found out they lied? You then confronted them, and their response was, "who doesnt lie on these sites?". Their profile said they dont have children and they do, also they said they are in the IT/ communications industry, and they work as a chef.

Would you continue chatting with them?

No way. Not unless I said I weighed 117lbs and I'm a mensa member when I really weigh 300lbs and can't remember where I left my keys last night. Because liars belong together. And hopefully will breed superliars that the rest of can spot a mile away.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT! Kind of silly of them to lie about something that can so easily be proven wrong. And it's not even that big of a deal! I don't lie, I figure SOMEONE has to like me just the way I am!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Hell no. Good riddance.
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    No I wouldn't. The kids already is a deal breaker for me because he lied about it
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    met my bf on okcupid. only "lie" he told....well I tease him about having one photo on his profile where there is a distinct set of six-pack abs that now are no where to be found :P . I tell him it was false advertising hehe.

Stretching the truth to make yourself look more attractive is one thing, but an outright lie about career or children seems a bit much to me.

If you are interested in someone, I recommend no more than a week chatting before meeting up in person. That makes it way easier to flush out the lies ahead of time. And as long as you're meeting in public (a restaurant or coffee place) there's no harm to it. Good luck!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Get out now
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Uh oh I smell another "catfish" show on MTV. For those who don't know what that means its a show on MTV where they do stories of internet dating and finally givng the parties involved a chance to meet. You'll be surprised, shocked, get mixed emotions and disgusted to what lengths people can lie about themselves.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    this makes me think of :
    th?id=H.4560921160450173&pid=1.7

lies from the start...

Dear god that's a great movie...
  • MS2TWEET
    Options
    No! Run quickly.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member