Who else does insanity?

Options
2»

Replies

• strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    im on day 3 of insanity and I'm already in pain all over my body. I really want to push through it but I'm scared I'll do something wrong.

Should I rest or am I meant to push through the pain?

If you are in pain or extremely sore, you should rest a day or two. You don't want to run the risk of injury. Listen to your body.

No. Soreness is normal. Especially, if this is the first time you've exercised in a long time. I would agree with you if the pain is related to an injury/join pain. Otherwise, push through. Walk it off. You will be fine.

Yes soreness is normal. However, extreme soreness and pain is not.

Not necessarily true. If you have never done Insanity, I can bet money that you will be EXTREMELY sore. Even if you lift weights. It hits muscles that most of us don't use. And working out the next morning will actually help with the pain. Joint pain and soreness are not the same. Soreness = pain IMO. If people actually took days off over that soreness, no one would finish it.
  • 4C_diva
    4C_diva Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    im on day 3 of insanity and I'm already in pain all over my body. I really want to push through it but I'm scared I'll do something wrong.

This link will take you to an article written by excercise physiologist and fitness consultant Elizabeth Quinn. She discusses what to do when exercises cause you pain.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/injuryprevention/qt/Exercise-Pain.htm
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My Day 3 is today. And my calves are so sore that standing up straight is a challenge.

Call me crazy, but I like the soreness. Back in my "play sports every day" phrase, soreness was a way of life. But I was in good shape back then.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi, Follow the schedule but don't feel that you should have to keep up with the android known as Tanya! Just go at you own pace, break and drink when you need and the rest will follow.

LOL So true
  • Danny0950
    Danny0950 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I completed day 5 this morning. I was sore yesterday but the cardio recovery seemed to really help and i woke up today feeling much better.
  • cocobuny
    cocobuny Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im on day six and not as sore as day 1&2,im noticing that my body is changing.i have more enenergy. and can get through more pf the video without comprimising form..day 7 leggo
  • Lilyyy7
    Options
    I did the fit test. I didn't even get through the fit test actually. Insanity is not for me LOL. I say if you can, push through it. I'm pretty sure Insanity has it's set rest days right? I always try to go to the gym even when i'm sore. Just to loosen my muscles up a little with some cardio. You can't really rest everytime you are sore. Keep moving girrrrl! :)
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last week :( going to miss it,but looking forward to p90x. I was incredibly sore the 2-3rd day and could barely walk! I pushed through and never missed a day. So my advice is to push through u.less you have actually injured yorself.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    my husband is fixing to order it for us to do together....ive tried it once but i was borrowing someones and then they moved so i couldnt borrow it anymore. im excited about starting again
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I finished it last week.

I'm hoping to do another round in a month or so.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hi, Follow the schedule but don't feel that you should have to keep up with the android known as Tanya! Just go at you own pace, break and drink when you need and the rest will follow.

I hate Tanya! She's so annoyingly perfect!

Tanya bugs the crap out of me. I really don't like her. lol
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 today! I've started Insanity several times since August but never finish. I really don't like it. It's so repetitive... BUT before I get rid of it, I want to get all the way through it ONCE! Ugh. I'm in it for the long hull this time!
  • greenihlonde
    Options
    Insanity has a schedule. Unless injured, follow it

^^^ This. I love Insanity. I've done more rounds than I can count. Soreness is amazing! :-)
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the feedback guys! I took all your advice and pushed through. Day 3 complete and I'm so sore that walking hurts!!! Lol but from what you've all said the pain Is worth it =3

I think I might do this for more than 2 months. I really love it!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, i am insane.
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Today's my day 3, so I hear you. My glutes and shoulders hurt more than anything today! Are you HURT or are you INJURED? If you suffered injury, then rest. If you have aches and pains and soreness, PUSH. That's the point of the program.
  • mkat_nc
    Options
    Week 4, day 3 for me. However, I repeated week 3 since I had a week vacation at Disney between weeks 3 & 4.

The soreness definitely improves as you go on. Highly recommend icing immediately post, heat before bed, foam rolling of glutes, hamstrings, shoulders and upper back. Arnica gel also was a good reliever.

I'm looking forward to month 2 to see what that brings!!