calling all christian females

Options

Replies

• adreeea
    adreeea Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am a Christian female and 28! :)

I would also like to add to all the people that are questioning what religion has to do with weight loss: my faith impacts every area of my life, including my weight struggles. Usually having some faith based encouragement is exactly what I need to push through something that is difficult in my life and that most definitely includes weight issues.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Lol, I was only kidding about being offended.

I understood that you were kidding and that's probably why you put a *wink* after it! :wink:
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm a born-again Christian female but over 30 :sad:

me too!
  • babydollish85
    babydollish85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a christian and I am 27 feel free to add me :)
  • klynshoe
    klynshoe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey you can add me - I'm nondenominational/Baptist Christian and I just turned 30!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning.
    <plonk>
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you mean by "Chirstian lens", but yes, I did read her profile and didn't see any comments about men in general. Just her thoughts on male stalkers. It is not talk or perfection that makes one a Christian, it is belief. And with that belief should come a desire to live as Christ instructed. It's easy to say you are a Christian. But Christian humans are just as fallible as any other humans. Striving to do right doesn't magically make one perfect.

Thanks for the lesson in Christianity.

You're welcome. Though, it was meant to be more a lesson on humans, since the previous post seemed to think Christians should somenow be more perfect than everyone else.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options

I understood that you were kidding and that's probably why you put a *wink* after it! :wink:

Oh, how nice... Let's throw fire on someone's expense for the amusement of MFP's community. I guess that is all that matters...
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    V9IepPg.png
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    *rolls eyes at this whole thread*

The hypocrisy in this thread is mind baffling.
  • CaitErin1101
    CaitErin1101 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a Christian female, 20! Always looking for more friends on here that aren't creeps!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Though, it was meant to be more a lesson on humans, since the previous post seemed to think Christians should somenow be more perfect than everyone else.

I apologize if any of my comments suggest that I believe Christians should be perfect. I also agree with you that being a Christian means we believe in Christ and doesn't mean we are perfect. Having said that, though, I feel we should hold ourselves to a higher standard if we call ourselves Christian. Shouldn't we strive to be less judgemental? Shouldn't we try to be the best we can be, even if we fall short?
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm definitely Christian and female...

Add me...
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian but well over 30 (as are both my daughters). But honestly we are probably not on the same page for more reasons than age, as my Christian values are a little more old fashioned I think. I would never post the underwear pic, for example.

Pretty sure that's not her. You both might get along, though, because you both seem a bit judgy.

^^Awesome!
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Wow. What just happened here? I don't know why people are soooooo offended by her request for Christians.

I don't care for the comment about men and I think she would make more friends by opening up her request to older people. I have learned so much from older friends.

But, some people on here do interact with their friends outside out of just health and fitness tips. My friends post about their personal life and their families. For many people their personal lives do affect their weight loss. I am a stress eater. Being friends with other working mothers has helped me. We share tips on how to manange our lives without turning to food for comfort.

I don't see anything wrong with her wanting to find some friends who are christian. Just like some people want other mothers, working women request other working women, etc.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    *rolls eyes at this whole thread*

The hypocrisy in this thread is mind baffling.

You expected anything else based on the title?
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options

Oh, how nice... Let's throw fire on someone's expense for the amusement of MFP's community. I guess that is all that matters...

Okay? Have a nice day.
  • zettravpa
    zettravpa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rhondadwyer69
    rhondadwyer69 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can add me - however I am over 40, but I am a Christian woman! :smile:
  • TimeToBeHappy18
    TimeToBeHappy18 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Christian F/29....feel free to add me :)
This discussion has been closed.