Best Healthy Dessert anyone??

Options
Riku_foy
Riku_foy Posts: 6
Can anyone tell me a good dessert to make?

Replies

• Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake with fresh berries and sugar free cool whip. The store bought angel food cake is only 60 calories for a huge piece. Strawberries are only a handful of calories and the cool whip is like 20 or 25. Now, if you like chocolate, you can buy the sugar free syrup and drizzle some of that over it..........................mmmmmmmmm.
  • Riku_foy
    Options
    mmmm.....tasty! Thanks alot! ill try that for sure.:flowerforyou:
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I don'tknow about making... but I am lately addicted to Jello Mousse 60 calorie things.... yum!
  • leychole
    leychole Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There is a recipe on epicurious.com for Roasted Plums with Greek Yogurt that is really delicious. The link for it is below.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Roasted-Plums-with-Greek-Yogurt-243588

Also I just discovered the 100 calorie Mint Fudge Petites last week. They're good for when you are craving something really sweet.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i'd have to say s'mores are one of my favorite desserts. mmmmmm easy to make and not too bad for you.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Fresh mixed berries.... with a dollop of fat free cool whip, or a spritz of reddi-whip.

Sometimes I mix the berries and cream together, and make what we call "strawberry shortcake-less"
  • Riku_foy
    Options
    THANKS! it was really tasty ^_^
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Jello or Jello cups with whipped cream squirted into the center. Yum!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I came up with this in the last few days, and shared it on another thread that I post on regularly:

It is really very good, and quick to make. IInfo below is for a single serving:

Hy-Top - Chocolate Graham Crackers, 1 whole cracker
    Yoplait - Yogurt - Light Fat Free - Blueberry, 0.33 container or white chocolate strawberry would also be good)
    Fresh Blueberries, 1/4 cup
    Strawberries - Raw, 4 medium (1-1/4" dia)
    Cool Whip - Sugar Free, 3 tbsp

Place cracker on a salad plate or in a bowl with a flat bottom;
    Take about 1/2 the Cool Whip and spread it on the cracker;
    Spoon some of the blueberries and sliced strawberries on top of Cool Whip;
    Spoon 1/3 of a container of Yoplait Low fat yogurt on top of berry layer (I used blueberry this time);
    Add another layer of berries;
    Add the other half of the Cool Whip.

Grab a spoon and enjoy!!

Calories 172
    Carbs 32 grams
    Fat 3 grams
    Protein 3 grams
    Sodium 98 mg
    Fiber 2 grams

It would be very easy to crumb the crackers, place in a pie pan, increase the ingredient amounts and turn this into a pie. One would probably need to refrigerate for a few hours to make sure it would set up enough to cut pieces that didn't run. One could also mix the yogurt and the Cool Whip and fill the pan and put the berries on top. For me, a single serving is best as it means there are no leftovers to tempt me at midnight!!!

Another variation, for those who don't like to use artificial ingredients would be to use some Redi-Whip spray whipped cream, or whip their own cream. One would have to watch how much cream went in, for obvious reasons.

This is yummy, just had some again tonight.
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump... thanks
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    toaster oven apples
    1. slice apple thinly and arrange on baking pan/sheet
    2. drizzle lightly with honey
    3. sprinkle with cinnamon
    4. toast in toaster oven until soft
    (tastes just like apple pie... :smile: )
  • TizMeAim
    TizMeAim Posts: 13
    Options
    all of the dessert sound wonderful but for those that do not feel like cooking Smartones (the tv dinners) have desserts they are so yummy like ice cream with cookie dough drizzled with chocolate syrup...... they come in prepackaged cups .. yes they are a little small but just enough to satisfy the craving, the reeses peanutbutter cup one is my favorite, if you are on weight watchers like I am there are a real treat because the entire cup is only 3 points!!! the best part u get 2 desserts for about 2 dollars!!!!
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    I love making my homemade Apple Crisp.

4 Apples, chopped
    1 Tbsp Marg
    2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
    1/2 cup Rolled Oates
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1/4 tsp cloves

Put the chopped apples in a baking dish. Mix together the margarine, brown sugar, rolled oates, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Sprinkle over the apples (this does not fully cover the apples, just gives a bit of flavour). Bake at 400 F for about 20-25 minutes.

Can put some vanilla ice cream or cool whip on if wanted.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    mmmmm......i'm getting hungry thinking about all these.

I like to take a ww tortilla spread 1 tsp butter on it with cinnamon and heat for 10 seconds in microwave, cut a banana in half long ways and lay on tortilla roll up, sprinkle a tad bit of honey (optional) and enjoy. This is sooooo yummy.
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is balsamic soaked fresh berries over frozen yogurt or sorbet. I put blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries in a tupperware and put in balsamic just enough to cover (I like a good flavored balsamic to really bring more flavors, using cinnamon pear now). Ben & Jerry's Sorbet and FoYo Half Baked are under 200 cals for a 1/2 cup. It would also be great over greek yogurt or some angel food cake with light cool whip.

Thanks for all the other yummy ideas everyone!!
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    Bump!