Cottage cheese HOW DO I?

Options

Replies

• RiversideBabe
    RiversideBabe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe for cottage cheese pancakes. Its a very healthy recipe and it is DELICIOUS. I thought it sounded strange, but it was love at first bite! PM me if you want to try it!
  • Doinitforgood
    Doinitforgood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    as PP have said, fruits are good with it but if i'm in a mood for a different taste, i put a little dill pickle relish in it. May sounds gross but it's really good!
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and some honey or splenda. So yummy!
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat it is with berries of some type, usually blackberries or blueberries. If the fruit is especially tart, I may sprinkle a little bit of Splenda over the fruit before topping with the cottage cheese. Sometimes I sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of granola over the top for extra flavor, fiber, and the crunchy texture.

Like another poster suggested, use in in lasagne or stuffed pastas. Extra nice with spinach added in.

Make a somewhat palak paneer type spinach and blend in cottage cheese for the creamy/cheesy component. Not as good as actual palak paneer, but reasonably tasty way to eat both spinach and cottage cheese.

Make crepes and fill with fruit and a cottage cheese based (instead of cream cheese) lightly sweetened cheesecake like filling. Or go savory with herbs, mushrooms and/or spinach, and a lightly cooked egg/cottage cheese/seasoned salt mixture to fill the crepes. I would also love a bit of smoked salmon thrown into the savory crepe idea.

Maybe also in a stuffed tomato? Salt, pepper, fresh basil, a little bit of parmesan for added flavor... maybe topped with a few capers?

I have the opposite problem... knowing when to STOP eating cottage cheese, or any dairy product for that matter!
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    R ANY OF U LACTOSE INTOLERANT & EATIN COTTAGE CHEESE OR IT DSNT MATTER WHETHER A PERSON IZ OR NOT?
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    Oh thank you! That was all very helpful!
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    It's not that I'm forcing myself, It's that I want more options than the very few I have. Sometimes you have to force yourself to TRY something in order to figure out if it will work.... and that's what I'm doing.... just looking for more options! :D Thank you!
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    These are all great!
  • AllyBird82
    AllyBird82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese with a little black pepper, and then scoop it up with something salty. If I've got the room I have potato chips, or else popchips or pretzel crisps work too. Sort of like a dip.

I also love it plain or with a little pepper on it.
  • renitawalker9
    Options
    R ANY OF U LACTOSE INTOLERANT & EATIN COTTAGE CHEESE OR IT DSNT MATTER WHETHER A PERSON IZ OR NOT?

If you're lactose intolerant yogurt is likely your only dairy friend. The live active cultures in yogurt break down some of the lactase making it easier to digest. Cottage cheese...not my friend, but you could always try.
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My fav breakfast is 1/3 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 an apple diced, 12 almonds smashed, pince of cinnamon and 1/2 tbsp of pure maple syrup.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Try 0 or 1% fat. I love that ****, and 2% makes me yak.

^ tastes lighter, has less of an aftertaste. Really nice with walnuts & grapes.
  • faithcraft
    Options
    I have eatten cottage cheese with pumpkin puree as well. I generally add some SF vanilla, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. Another way I like it .is to mix in a tablesppon of sugar free instant pudding..any flavor. I use the SF Toranni syrups and the Davinci syrups as well.....
  • thomas127
    Options
    Add cottage cheese to scrambled eggs you cant even tell its there. Plus it makes your eggs nice and creamy.
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese almost every day..Fat free kind. (I like Kroger's brand best). Usually eat it plain or with fruit. But I also mash or blend it with some spices, usually dill and a little garlic, and then mix it with a packet of tuna in water (70g) size. Then I spread it on a multi- grain round or a rice cake. Yummy!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I want to like cottage cheese SO bad, such a power food!!! How/what do you eat it with?!

I just bought some Nancy's Organic low fat cottage cheese, it's so packed with Protein and I need this in my diet, being a vegetarian it is very hard to keep my protein / fat / carb ratio where I am happy and feeling prime. Cottage cheese seems like my miracle cheese/yogurt thing....... but today was literally the first bite I've ever taken in my life, I have always refused. What do you recommend? What's your favorite way to indulge on the curds?

I let my wife eat it. I have not eaten cottage cheese in the first 45 years of my life and don't plan on eating it for the next 45 years.
  • diahanndaniels
    diahanndaniels Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    l love it with applesauce.
  • blondechic213
    Options
    bump. awesome ideas everyone!
  • Bonardi
    Options
    Cottage cheese - I purchase organic, small curd cottage cheese. For some reason I really like cottage cheese with pineapple chunks. Another combination I like is a baked yam (hot) with a side of cottage cheese. BB
  • hulahooper17
    Options
    Try some Greek yogurt, it's tasty and rich and packs a lot of protein. You can find low sugar kinds, as well as low fat or nonfat. I myself am usually pretty low on fat so I eat this delicious kind called Noosa when I want a treat!