If you have lost 15lbs or more....

Options
124»

Replies

• Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    consistency is the number 1 thing to have - make it a lifestyle change not just a now change, thats when it started working for me
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    So I actually had the opposite problem that most people have been saying. I had to learn to eat MORE.. But that I guess is a special circumstance.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    coffee and lifting.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    only been here since last May...lost 10lbs in the first 2 weeks...1) portion control is big.... 2) im a runner so I guess the 2 kinda fell hand in hand.....3) good logging help me to stay focus on the goal....another 5lbs the next month.....today have manage to keep same 15lbs off

good luck to you
  • ChadB74
    ChadB74 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Just eat less calories (portion control), exercise a bit. Cut out as much Soda and fast food as you can. And make sure you are losing weight for you and not for impressing others.

Good Luck
  • mona_patty
    Options
    I now eat mostly unprocessed foods. Lots of green smoothies (kale, spinach, mixed berries, chia seeds, protein powder), greek yogurts, lots of water, green tea. I do "cheat" more than I should lol But I try to eat pretty clean.
    I run, lift weights. Be patient and be consistent. Keep trying and do not give up
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    15 lbs in one month. I'm doing primal/paleo - basically, I'm not eating sugar and refined carbs (It took a good 3 days of complete omission, but once I was off, all cravings for sweets and refined carbs went away! *snoopy dance*). I'm also eating as much "real" food as possible - eliminating all the chemicals and cr@p that processed foods have - which ironically means most low fat and non-fat foods are out (because when they take out fat, they add sugar and chemicals :huh: So if/when I eat dairy, it's the full fat stuff). My meals consist mostly of protein and a veggie, with nuts as a snack. Eating this way makes it hard to overeat because nutritious food is relatively low in calories. (I struggle to eat 1200 calories, but I'm eating every 2-3 hours *go figure*).

Do I "cheat?" I've been tempted 2x. Both times I took a nibble and tossed it - WAY too sweet and tasted "off" (who knew my tastes would change so much? Prior to this, I would have been all over those baked goodies!) If one day there is something I want to eat, I will eat it. Odds are though, after eating such a pure diet, my tummy might make me miserable for a few hours. So not worth it. (That actually happened last weekend when I ate cured bacon after a month of eating uncured. I felt sooo sick. I'm thinking it was the nitrates.)

I've been on too many diets, this is something I want to do long term. Nothing is off limits (consequences aside) as long as I'm trying to be healthy most (90%) of the time!
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure EVERYTHING!!! Portion control is so very important! I use smaller plates and bowls. Less processed foods! It was tough giving up crackers and chips. I'm a sucker for salty foods. I exercise and work my butt off at the gym!!! If I'm not a sweaty mess by the time I leave, I feel like it wasn't good enough.
  • vicrandom
    vicrandom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Focus on whole/ clean foods. Eat often enough that you're not starving when it comes to mealtime. Meal plan and prep ahead so that you are not having a "need food NOW" situation and there's nothing that will take less than an hour to cook, thus justifying takeout. If your're gonna eat something off-book (outside of your usual healthy ish planned meals), try to log it ahead of time so you can have your depressing reality check (or crow of delight) ahead of time rather than after the food is eaten.

Measure your food and log it.
    Track how you feel about your food and how your food makes you feel, plus what worked and what didn't.

If you want to appreciate food for other reasons than nutrition (cultural connection, social gathering, extreme deliciousness, whatever) put work into figuring out how you can modify those habits and how you can build some of those experiences into your plan.

Don't try to tackle too many habits at once. Take it as slow as you need to to make the changes stick. If that means you're not hitting the gym for a while because cooking your own food takes forever, so be it (but moving is awesome, so don't deny yourself the endorphins forever).
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I just counted calories and made sure to stay under my goal and I started working out. Mostly Cardio so far
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    portion control is number ONE!

Healthy choices is number TWO!

Moving is number THREE!!

This
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    portion control is number ONE!

Healthy choices is number TWO!

Moving is number THREE!!

This!:flowerforyou:
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    First thing I did was watch my calories and drink more water.
    Eventually cut off any other drinks
    Then made healthier choices
    And now I'm moving more c:

EDIT: 23 of those lbs below me, was only from watching my calories and drinking water. :bigsmile:
  • TiffCK
    TiffCK Posts: 37
    Options
    Mine says 14, but it is actually 16. So...I completely cut out soda. None for a month. I usually only drink water. Also, exercising more, moving more, and keeping your calories down. And portion control. 14lbs in 25 days, not to mention the 2 I lost a couple weeks before that.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options

EDIT: 23 of those lbs below me, was only from watching my calories and drinking water. :bigsmile:

H2 Oh, my goodness!
  • valleymum
    valleymum Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ive lost about 25 lbs since nov 23 and for me its all about balance. I excercise 5 days a week ( 30 days shred, ripped in 30, elliptical) and MEAL PLANNING! if im having a heavier supper ( pasta, ect) i balance with a lighter lunch, and if im having a lighter supper such as a stirfry, i dont feel as guilty having that grilled cheese for lunch lol. i love food, its how i got to be as big as i am. I was a cook for 10 years before starting my family. Ill always be a fat girl at heart who gets a lil excited when i hear the word donut lol. but u bet that now before that donut touches my mouth, im runnning 30 min on that elliptical :)