March 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    is it possible for me to have 2 tickers? i want one for my weight loss and one for my miles.
    Yup, MFP can create your weight loss ticker and if you follow the link at the top of this thread you can create your running ticker and you just paste the code into your post :)
  • brookeboule
    brookeboule Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is exciting! My goal is 55 miles this March, mostly running. We will see how it goes :)

exercise.png
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Im in for 75 miles
    blk-exercise.png
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I track miles on my stationary bike (it doesn't do it for me)? Does a pedometer work? Is there a formula to translate time into miles? I'd like to join the challenge, but due to weather often have to bike rather than walk. Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Lowering my goal a little this month. Have had a hard time reaching goal, but with the weather slowly warming up I am hoping to log more miles outside.

Goal for March: 40 miles

exercise.png
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I haven't done as well the last couple of months. I am hoping that with the upcoming time change, and my spring break, I can do better. I am going for 60 miles, but that may be a stretch.
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Going to commit for 250 miles for March:)
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    I really really suck at making my "moving my butt" goals these past few months. But I am a trooper and I am in once again and going to slow it down and make my March walking goal to 31 miles for 31 days.

Lets do it :heart:
  • Kashmir09
    Options
    YAY will try my best for 65 miles (walking)

exercise.png
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm going to aim for 175 in March...and hope to crush it!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I am in for 70 miles this month.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I track miles on my stationary bike (it doesn't do it for me)? Does a pedometer work? Is there a formula to translate time into miles? I'd like to join the challenge, but due to weather often have to bike rather than walk. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Its really going to depend on the speed and intensity you're doing on that bike. I do a spin class usually two days a week, and generally I'll estimate it at 3 miles every 15 minutes - 12 mph (this is conservative, but spin classes often do a lot of slower climbing perioids).

When I ride a bike at the gym that does track it, I generally end up with a higher number (around15-16 mph at a pretty consistent speed pushing hard),
  • sandynellom
    sandynellom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    75 miles for ME!:happy:
  • sambosmitty
    sambosmitty Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am in for 30 miles! This is my first challenge!!!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    In again. Will increase to 70 miles of running this month, fingers crossed the weather starts getting better.

exercise.png
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 60 miles.
  • wants2lift
    wants2lift Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 125 miles for March!
  • pkrichar
    pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Going for 140 miles walking/jogging

exercise.png
  • arobinson15
    Options
    I am in! This is my first time in this challenge. Going to try for 40 (running), aiming a bit low as I will be in Mexico for a week in the middle of march.

exercise.png