Wanted: Geeky active buddies. Area not of import

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    We need to be friends. Fiance and I are massive geeks.

I collect Lego, mostly Star Wars but also the Pirate Ships and some Batman. Our house is covered in shelving with Lego and memorabilia.

Our feature wall is 11 mounted prop replica lightsabres.

Our honeymoon in May is to the Star Trek the Next Gen reunion convention in Chicago. We just finished marathonning it to prepare :) and our wedding cake topper is us in a Tardis :D

Our weekends are usualy spent on the couch with a case of beer playing XBox..

Met because of Dr Who, I used to run a Buffy/Angel/Firefly forum..

Oh and we have cats LOL

[/resume]
  • LeahRandom
    LeahRandom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Also - I was adopted at the age of three, my parents asked what I wanted my new name to be, of course I said - Princess Leia. They didn't like the spelling/sound of Leia, so they settled for Leah. I have a tattoo of Leia as Our Lady of Guadalupe. Feel free to add me!
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I read all the Game of Thrones books and watched Season 1 of Game of Thrones, but I stopped because I refuse to relive the frustration and pain of liking my favorite characters only to have stuff happen.
    Its the worst!
    tumblr_m7ypph744A1qasug4o2_r1_500.jpg

^^^^OMG, that is me....^^^^
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yes to all of the above! Feel free to add me (and anyone else!)

I go to Cons, Love Doctor Who, Firefly, Buffy, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones. Huge movie fan and I read a bit. Our animals are named after our favorite characters from various shows: (Loki, Doyle -from Angel) and Oz- from Buffy). Used to play WoW for many years, now mostly play the PS3 and a few computer games.
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I could have written that post myself, hadn't realised I was a geek though ;). Please feel free to add me.
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Just started watching Dr. Who. Big fan of Stargate, Star Trek, Firefly, Books, cats, etc.

<----Does my profile pic give me away as a geek?
  • RAINBOWBRITE2016
    RAINBOWBRITE2016 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume that the majority of you in this thread have seen the Princess Bride. I went to a wedding in September and the bride's sister started her toast as follows:

"Mawwiage...is what bwings us togethaaa."

That was just one highlight of the evening xD

I would have died laughing!!! This movie is on in my house at least once every other week. My husband never gets tired of it. Anyone want a peanut?
  • MereExtraordinaire
    MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hello my loves!

I'm Meredith. Anyone can add me. I adore having MFP friends who are active and motivated. I love Star Trek, Star Wars, the book series the Dragonlance Chronicles (which I believe is from Dungeons and Dragons?), etc etc etc. I dunno, my boyfriend says I'm a nerd all the time, and he's like probably the coolest person I know.

Also, yesterday I was reminded how much I love the movie Napoleon Dynamite. Which I don't think is nerdy or geeky or whatever, I think it just makes me weird.

"I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk, if you wanted."
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    *ears prick up*

Did someone say Doctor Who?

:love:
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I read all the Game of Thrones books and watched Season 1 of Game of Thrones, but I stopped because I refuse to relive the frustration and pain of liking my favorite characters only to have stuff happen.

hahaha check out this pic: http://getfile5.posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/temp-2011-07-15/uHHegtfeqGtEBmsdkmFpjkoBBwnpEdjwcmAqguIHeedJEmwsEscChavcckJB/tumblr_ln5ftlx34k1qzcxrno1_500.jpg.scaled750.jpg

J.k. ROwling says Ït's hard killing off so many characters.
    Then George R.R. Martin responds "That's adorable"
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options

hahaha check out this pic: http://getfile5.posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/temp-2011-07-15/uHHegtfeqGtEBmsdkmFpjkoBBwnpEdjwcmAqguIHeedJEmwsEscChavcckJB/tumblr_ln5ftlx34k1qzcxrno1_500.jpg.scaled750.jpg

J.k. ROwling says Ït's hard killing off so many characters.
    Then George R.R. Martin responds "That's adorable"

LOL!!!!!
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yeah..I am about as nerdy as it gets. Scifi- conventions and Renaissance fairs...yeah that's me. Anime, gamer, yep I got the gambit. Feel free to add me.
  • michelle98310
    michelle98310 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love doctor who anyone can add me, I can be a bit strange sometimes though ;)
  • poxrox
    Options
    I kinda have this obsession with cats covered in money... does that count? Cashcats.biz for an example...
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of tea and cats, but my geeky interests sway a little from yours. Mainly into things like Ghost in the Shell, Stargate SG1, the Atelier Iris series...etc.

Happy to add any fellow geeky friends. =)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume that the majority of you in this thread have seen the Princess Bride. I went to a wedding in September and the bride's sister started her toast as follows:

"Mawwiage...is what bwings us togethaaa."

That was just one highlight of the evening xD

I would have died laughing!!! This movie is on in my house at least once every other week. My husband never gets tired of it. Anyone want a peanut?

Greatest wedding ever http://io9.com/5984655/this-princess-bride-wedding-will-make-you-believe-in-true-wuv-again
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options

I quite literally squealed.

That. Was. Adorable.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I want a wedding like that some day. But that's not creative, taking someone else's idea. Ive thought about doing a Doctor Who themed one, with me dressed as River but it wouldn't make much sense since i would prefer the groom to dress as 10 rather than 11
  • ahiddenlink
    ahiddenlink Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

I meet some of the Geeky requirements. I'm a big fan of the Game of Thrones books, Kingkiller Chronicles, WOOL, Firefly, Fringe, LotR, gaming and probably some other things that are slipping my mind. I'd certainly enjoy chatting with some others that are motivated to get in better shape and debate the finer points of these types of things!! :)
  • WhiteWolf68
    WhiteWolf68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Geek here, proud of it. :)
    Anything sci-fi, fantasy, and so on.

Speaking of David Tennant, I have an autographed T-shirt of his (Headway Essex, UK) and my goal is get myself fit enough to wear it again. :)

Feel free to add me.. I seriously need MFP friends to help keep me on the path to getting fit!