Yes! Sugar IS the enemy.

Options
I'm sure this has been posted. I'm sure all the zealots here trashed it. But I just wanted to let the people who actually can think see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Replies

• kaikea
    kaikea Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is groundbreaking.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be a troll, but I really want to hear from the people who disagree.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Honestly, this topic's gets tiresome. It's been beaten to death.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Cliffs?
  • rjmudlax13
    Options
    eh forget it...I guess this is just one of those topics.

We can make this into a GIF competition then

Ready..... go!
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Without watching the video as I'm at work, I'm going to assume it is stating sugar = the cause of being fat?
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Its sugar indirectly causing the fat

Some people cant control themselves when it comes to sugar, so it tends to be a trigger food to make them eat more

Exercise is not present, or even if exercise is present they are still in excess for their total energy

Glycogen then builds up as excess energy in their bodies

thus making them fat

sugar = devil = fat people = excessive amount of sugar is eval threads = annoyed Fitbeto = not going on the message boards as often
  • mmapags
    Options

Some people cant control themselves when it comes to sugar, so it tends to be a trigger food to make them eat more

Exercise is not present, or even if exercise is present they are still in excess for their total energy

thus making them fat

sugar = devil = fat people = excessive amount of sugar is eval threads = annoyed Fitbeto = not going on the message boards as often

Just about sums it up. And I didn't watch it.
  • LolBroScience
    Options

thus making them fat

Appreciate it. Sugar is not the culprit. Bust your *kitten* in the gym, stop making excuses for pigging out, be diligent with tracking your cals/macros = results. End of story.
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hey! Don't hate the newbie....everyone is not as fortunate as others to be well knowlegable in all areas of nutrition...KUDOS for him in trying to pass on Great info!!!!
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Sugar has also been linked to Cancer.....and even Alzheimers (which tbh worries me more than getting fat from it). :/
    I'm really trying hard to cut down on foods containing Sugar,... but it ain't easy.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmm sugar.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Sugar is Evil posts make me want to eat an entire bag of sugar with a spoon.
  • mmapags
    Options
    Hey! Don't hate the newbie....everyone is not as fortunate as others to be well knowlegable in all areas of nutrition...KUDOS for him in trying to pass on Great info!!!!

Well "her" is a him and a quick search will show you that this topic comes up in some form every day. Mulitple times per day. This is one of 2 threads that were started within an hour of each other.

This is all you really need to know:
    Sugar is not the culprit. Bust your *kitten* in the gym, stop making excuses for pigging out, be diligent with tracking your cals/macros = results. End of story
  • ToFatToBeSick
    Options
    Not even going to watch the video, going to speak from personal experience. It depends on the person I believe. I can eat whatever I want and as long as I stay within my calorie range can still lose weight. I absolutely find it amusing when I come across forms that are bashing cereals because they are "high in sugar". How about you measure out the serving size and only eat that instead of filling the whole damn bowl? I'm going to go have a cup of hot tea now AND use 60 calories worth of real sugar ;)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Bumps for a late rlisten, for curiosities sake
  • mmapags
    Options
    Sugar has also been linked to Cancer.....and even Alzheimers (which tbh worries me more than getting fat from it). :/
    I'm really trying hard to cut down on foods containing Sugar,... but it ain't easy.

Then don't overconsume it. See LolBroScience's comments above. Simple
  • rjmudlax13
    Options
    Wow. Just watch the video. You don't have to believe it. It's not some 13 year old in his parent's basement acting like an expert. The guy is a PhD and he did all his work with a team of PhDs in fields such as medicine, endocrinology, biochemistry and nutritianal science. He actually explains a lot of it in detail.
  • shirdiana
    shirdiana Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Moderation in all things! I can't imagine never having sugar again.