How Many Pounds Does It Take YOU To Go Down A Size?

Options
how many pounds does it take YOU to go down a pant size? I have lost 13 lbs and my pants are loose but I dont think I am a size smaller.

Replies

• June2268
    Options
    I was always told it was like 10lbs before you can jump down a size......
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Depending on the pants, it usually will take me about 15lbs to lose a size. But that changes depending on where the fat is coming from and whether my losses are coming from fat or muscle. If I don't lift weights it takes more weight loss to lose a pant size.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i think the average is around 15lb
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    For me, its been every 10 pounds or so. But, that is not for everyone... it depends on your body type and the brand of pants, too.
  • kaybelieve
    Options
    I've lost 14lbs but I can't see me dropping a size any time soon. Clothes are looser but not loose enough to be considered too big or the wrong size.
  • houlenberg
    houlenberg Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    For me, it seems to be at least 15 lbs. :( In this last month, I have lost over 10 lbs., yet I am still at the same size for the past 5 weeks. I can't figure out why I'm not going down a size yet, since I am working out, too. I imagine it will have to go down soon, though.
  • blondie_Kate
    blondie_Kate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know that about 15lbs a go i was a size smaller than i fit into now. But it does depend on where you gain /losse from and where you tone up.
  • RSD73
    RSD73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    20 lbs for me!
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I believe I read somewhere its 15 and I am at like 14 and everything is getting loose Great feeling.
  • Cpirit07002
    Options
    I lost 14lbs so far and nothing feels any looser...going to take me at LEAST another 10lbs or so I think. And that is with me losing an inch of my hips and 2 inches off my waist. Makes me think that my pants were probably just too small before i started losing weight. ;)
  • emih29
    emih29 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I lost 26 pounds and went down 2 jean sizes
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I don't see a "proper" way to answer to this question. Some people can weigh exactly the same, but through heavy lifting and eating right can be up to 3 pant sizes smaller. It's all about your body composition and muscle vs. fat.
  • RemiLynn79
    RemiLynn79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've gained almost 15 and haven't went up a size, so for me it will probably be at least 20. I think it depends on where the weight goes on your body.
  • tlatrice13
    tlatrice13 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    For me, when I lose 10 lbs, my work pants become loose enough that I can put them on and take them off without unbuttoning them.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It's 10 to 20. I've lost 20, and now fit into all my largest size things (which were too tight for a while).
    Some are too loose, but I'm waiting for another 10 to go before I start wearing my size smaller things.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    About 10ish. Well, maybe less actually, just depending on what my workout regime is like. I've lost around 30lbs and I've gone from a 14 to a 6/8 depending on the brand. I notice that when I'm doing a lot of strength training, the scale moves more slowly but the inches come off, so I'm happy with that!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Totally dependent on where you're losing body fat, frame size (as in, waist/hips), etc.

I tell this all the time when these threads come up, particularly when people get upset about not losing a size.

At my heaviest, I wore a 13/14. At my "normal" weight, I wore anywhere from a 9/10 to an 11/12 (I know, I'm still trying to break away from the junior sizes). At my incredibly low, anorexia ridden, treatment-inducing weight, I wore a 7/8 (once found a pair of 5s that fit--briefly).

That's an 80 pound difference between four sizes. At my highest, the 13/14s were loose, but the 11/12s were still snug. At my lowest, I was still tight in the 7/8s. My BMI was very underweight, but my hips are just naturally wide-spread, regardless of the padding they carry at anytime.

I've seen people lose half as much weight as me and go down twice as many sizes; there's no point in comparing anyone else's progress to your own.

ETA: These sizes are, specifically, because of my hips/*kitten*. I've also never owned a pair of jeans that could hug my legs because how much thinner my legs have been than my hips... so now I'm just angry at jeans :angry:
  • cmp1118
    cmp1118 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been the same size for the past 11 years. However, in that time, my weight has fluctuated by 35 pounds. I don't know if it is how I carry my weight but I will consider it a huge victory if and when I am finally able to go down a size.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    For me each dress/pant size covers 14-21lbs.
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I lost 11 pounds and don't feel a difference in my pants at all.