TOPIC: T.H.E Team Starting fresh wk7

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Day 6-Saturday Cross training. I decided to do Insanity Max Interval Plyometrics. I have to say that about 30 mins before I started my workout, I was not feeling too good. I still pushed play and got through the workout. I would say about about three quarters of the way through I started feeling better. At that point I was kinda exhausted, but I still just did my best. I felt much better once I was done. I did have a gig last nite as well. We actually sang outside and that was great. I did not get home and in bed until about 2am.

Day 7-4 mile run. Woke up late, due to the gig. I was debating when to do it, so I just decided to go out and do it without thinking anymore. Okay, the layout of the run. approximately 1:30pm, the sun was shining and it was in the 90's. UGH!!! I did really good for those conditions. I found a great breathing pattern and just kept going. Now, when I turned around, that is when it got harder. That sun was just bearing down on me. I did walk maybe 5 minutes all together. So all in all it really wasn't so bad. I felt great my body is glad for doing it. I had my G2 ready and went and stood under a tree to cool down and stretch.

Day 8-3 mile run. Jon (my fiance') actually ran with me and it was kinda nice. Of course, he can run much faster than me and he was pushing me. On the last mile, I was actually able to stay with him most of the way. The first mile and a half there are two down hills and then of course, when we turn around for the last half, there are two up hills. UGH!!! The first one was not too bad, but the second one he pushed me to go harder. I can say that I was out of breathe once I got to the top, but I did it. I then just slowed my pace down to catch my breath. I only walked for maybe10 seconds all together. That was pretty kewl to be able to do.

I do have to confess though. I did not eat good at all yesterday. Okay, maybe my breakfast, afternoon snack and dinner were good, but in between was AWFUL!!! I won't even mention the bad eats I had. I wouldn't even consider any of it food. It was just junk. UGH!!! I tell you though that the run made me feel better and not think about the past. Today is a new day and I have started it out right and I am ready for a great workout tonite.

I have got to remember (and everyone else as well) that we may slip up on occasion, but that is okay. We are all human and make bad choices on occasion. We are here though and know what to do to get back on track. No looking back, just looking forward and pushing through the hard times. We can all do this and that is why we are here. To help each other through the hard times and keep moving.

Have a great week everybody. Whatever you do, just remember that you are worth it. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Hey everyone. Work was so crazy today. I was non stop moving like crazy. There's an area that's down a little hill, it's steep... and I had to carry a water bucket and stuff for a couple dogs that were going in the yard down there and I tell ya, going back up the hill is a pain... did it several times. I didn't do any work outs today. I was beat when I got home. The heat is playing a huge role also. I've been drinking water like crazy, I just can't seem to get enough. I drink water with Crystal light. I suck water down when it tastes good. I've filled my water bottle (which is about 2.5 cups) 6-7 times today. I'm still going strong... Sometimes I go through a period where all I want is water. I've been cutting back on pop again. Yesterday I broke down because I had a horrible headache and the pop helped, but I haven't had any today.... so for the first time in who knows how long I'm under with sugar.... it's great.

My bras aren't fitting anymore. I measured again today and I'm measuring 33 inches... my brad that I've been wearing (it's my favorite) is a 36c.... Um, yeah my boobs are like fitting into the palms of my hands now... I'm thinking I've dropped almost if not a whole cup size. Crazy. Feels good though, my back doesn't hurt as much anymore.

Well I think that's it for now. Later.

Wow, sounds like you did have a rough day yesterday. I hope today is better.

I remember when Jon (my fiance') saw me one nite, he said, "they look smaller". I measured and they actually were a little. I can now fit comfortably in a D. I do still wear my double DD's, but not as much. LOL Oh the joy of lossing weight in every place on your body. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Hey Everyone!
    I hope your weekends are going well.

Jennifer,
    I had a quick question I was hoping you could help me out with. I know you've done the insanity workouts and I was wondering if you would give me your opinion and maybe a little information about them. I was looking at them and I'm interested in giving it a go. I just wanted to get some more info about it. It seems alittle....well totally crazy and impossibly hard. So yeah, if that's not too much trouble, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

What kind of exercise level are you at right now? Do you feel you are in pretty good shape? Those are things I would take into condsideration when starting a program like Insanity. I had done 2 rounds of P90X, so I felt I was in pretty good shape. LOL My first Insanity workout, I thought I was going to die. LOL I just kept pushing through and by the end my results were amazing. You have to be mentally prepared to push play, but once you do and finish the workout, you are so glad you did. Like they say in the Elite Nutrition Guide, this is the hardest workout EVER put out on DVD. Here is some information on it.

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/jjtonic75?bctid=45375625001
  • Iffer75
    I made it through the 1st food eating busy weekend I will have from now until the wedding July 11th. We had dinner at my future daughter-in-law's dad's house with her parents and the pastors family that is going to marry them. I had one enchilada and a little rice. I don't think I did badly. I'm going to go visit and old pastor and his wife today so hopefully I will do good then. They had invited me to a BBQ tomorrow but I said no and aid today would be better so I didn't eat so much.

Not been weighing in. I don't even want to know right now. Just hoping to do better. When I feel my pants get a little looser I will weigh.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

It sounds like you did really well. You are doing great, keep up the AWESOME work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Thanks, JJTONIC - appreciate the encouragement!

Hi everyone, Gee, I worked in the garden all day yesterday, and was so pooped, I didn't even log in. But, I wanted to check in with you all and see how the summer challenge is going. Take care, everyone!

No problemo, that is what I am here for. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Hey Everyone - hope your day is going better than mine! ... a BAD eating day today!! :frown: I don't even know how I did it? Just a busy day running around - but somehow I passed my calorie target by 169 calories!! I did not even exercise the past 2 days & I'm SOOOO.. beat - I'm just going to bed! Tomorrow I will get back on track:smile: EARLY bed & an early work out in the morning!!

I hope that today is better for you. :bigsmile:
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Ugh, my family was in town this weekend. They just left tonight and although it was great to see them and I had a really good time, their visit was awful for my summer challenge. I just ate junk all weekend and way to much, to make matters worse I didn't get any of my work outs in. I"m sure for lots of you it's the same kind of situation, but for my family food and hospitality are so closely linked, it's hard to say no. it's almost like being rude when you don't accept cookies or chips or pop. And it should be better now that they have gone back to Alberta, but now we have all these leftovers!!! I guess I'm just feeling kind of frustrated. I really appreciate all the support I get from all of you, but I feel like I'm starting to need the support (or at the very least the co-operation) of my family.

Oof, I feel better after getting all that off my chest. Thanks for letting me vent!

I hope you are all having a good week. Be strong, be beautiful!
    Love Emma
  • Iffer75
    Egam-Hang in there. Today is a new day and you know what to do to start a healthy day. Either give away the leftovers or throw them away. I do agree that your family needs to be supportive of your journey and not push food at you. At some point you may even want to just talk to them about it and say that you absolutely love seeing them, but that you are changing your lifestyle and would appreciate any an all support possible. My mom and dad completely understand that and work with me when I come to see them. I am sure yours will be as well.

You can get back on track, I have faith in you. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Day 9-Strength training. I also added in 25 mins of BBL Bum Bum Live. I had not done that one yet and I really liked it. I tried to push it hard on the strength training and I could tell that I did because my arms were weak when I was done. That is a good sign I pushed to the max. It felt really good to do. I am starting to see a little definition in my arms and I really like that. I am not really looking to muscle up, more than I am toning. On my strength training days, I am concentrating on upper body since the rest of the week is all about the legs.

I didn't mention this before, guess I just forgot. This weekend when we went grocery shopping I asked if I could look for a couple pair of shorts or capris. Since I don't normally wear shorts. Well, I found a pair of capris and shorts and guess what. They are both a size 10. WHOOOHOOO!!! I have not worn a size 10 since High School. And I really like my shorts. They don't ride up my leg like they did back in the day. If you know what I mean. That is why I stopped wearing them. These fit perfectly and don't move. LOVE THEM!!!

Band practice got over early last nite, so I went and watched Jon practice for a softball game and I even got to hit the ball out to the guys a couple of times. I don't hit really hard, but I did actually hit it. LOL They were actually short a couple of girls, so they put me out in the first inning as the catcher. I was kinda nervous I was going to make a fool of myself, but I didn't thankfully. LOL I could even throw the ball back to the pitcher without throwing it over his head or having him run after the ball. It was kinda fun. So, I asked Jon when he got home from the game if they wouldn't mind me playing with them next Tuesday. I may not be very good, but it would be a different type of exercise. So, we will see what happens.

Have a great day everyone. :bigsmile:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    HI, GANG - quick check in - crazy busy. Garden looks great, getting a lot of exercise in out there. Eating pretty good - still slipping up at night when I get home from work late sometimes. Gotta work on that! Any ideas about what to do when you were running all day and didn't get to eat healthy - or maybe even at all, so you are FAMISHED at night when you get home? Thanks, gang. :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Day 9-Strength training. I also added in 25 mins of BBL Bum Bum Live. I had not done that one yet and I really liked it. I tried to push it hard on the strength training and I could tell that I did because my arms were weak when I was done. That is a good sign I pushed to the max. It felt really good to do. I am starting to see a little definition in my arms and I really like that. I am not really looking to muscle up, more than I am toning. On my strength training days, I am concentrating on upper body since the rest of the week is all about the legs.

I didn't mention this before, guess I just forgot. This weekend when we went grocery shopping I asked if I could look for a couple pair of shorts or capris. Since I don't normally wear shorts. Well, I found a pair of capris and shorts and guess what. They are both a size 10. WHOOOHOOO!!! I have not worn a size 10 since High School. And I really like my shorts. They don't ride up my leg like they did back in the day. If you know what I mean. That is why I stopped wearing them. These fit perfectly and don't move. LOVE THEM!!!

Band practice got over early last nite, so I went and watched Jon practice for a softball game and I even got to hit the ball out to the guys a couple of times. I don't hit really hard, but I did actually hit it. LOL They were actually short a couple of girls, so they put me out in the first inning as the catcher. I was kinda nervous I was going to make a fool of myself, but I didn't thankfully. LOL I could even throw the ball back to the pitcher without throwing it over his head or having him run after the ball. It was kinda fun. So, I asked Jon when he got home from the game if they wouldn't mind me playing with them next Tuesday. I may not be very good, but it would be a different type of exercise. So, we will see what happens.

That right there is one of the best reasons to be doing this... for those moments where we feel like giving up... these moments help remind us that things are changing... our bodies are changing... we're happier.... we're looking better... we're feeling better.... that's why we do what we do....

Keep it up...
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127

Nice work on the the softball game! It's on of those things that takes a different type of coordination to pull off. Plus the more you do it, the more your skill sets grow. I hope that you enjoy it as much as you seem to be!
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Softball is fun

So... I'm throwing a mental challenge out there. This is mostly for me but I'm letting everyone know about it. I know we all have (most of us) issues with eating. It was suggested that for a week or longer you keep a different kind of food diary. This one is for the bad foods.... but you don't write down the calories, or the sugar.... you write down how your feeling. What was going through your mind when your reached for the whatever..... were you bored? PMSIng? Lonely? Jittery? Sad? What was it that you were feeling.... were you just hungry and didn't care enough to get some thing good? This is more for the ones who have emotional eating issues. I have a friend who deals with eating and emotional issues combined and I really got to look inside some of the real problems and solutions and what not and it's kinda harsh.... I'm not going into that though... I think people deal with things on their own in their own way sometimes. Yeah, I do believe that if you get to the core of the problem it'll make things way easier.

Who watched Loosing it with Jillian? Good show. Some of the stuff that she said really struck a nerve. Why do we set ourselves up for failure?? ( no one in particular) This question could be taken out side of the weight loss field and applied to other areas of our lives for sure. I look forward to next weeks show.

I'm not a big emotional eater. I'm more of a PMS eater lol. I know when it's coming because I feel it in my tummy and in my cravings for food. I've gone several days with out pop. I'm cutting back on my sugar but because TOM is coming I'm eating some chocolate cake.... I only do this when TOM is coming. Now, it would be kinda silly for me to do the diary for an emotional eater but since I'm a PMS eater I can still see how it works in the end.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    i would like to join.... Starting Weight 155 Goal weight 130 Current Weight 145
  • stillkristi
    Softball is fun

So... I'm throwing a mental challenge out there. This is mostly for me but I'm letting everyone know about it. I know we all have (most of us) issues with eating. It was suggested that for a week or longer you keep a different kind of food diary. This one is for the bad foods.... but you don't write down the calories, or the sugar.... you write down how your feeling. What was going through your mind when your reached for the whatever..... were you bored? PMSIng? Lonely? Jittery? Sad? What was it that you were feeling.... were you just hungry and didn't care enough to get some thing good? This is more for the ones who have emotional eating issues. I have a friend who deals with eating and emotional issues combined and I really got to look inside some of the real problems and solutions and what not and it's kinda harsh.... I'm not going into that though... I think people deal with things on their own in their own way sometimes. Yeah, I do believe that if you get to the core of the problem it'll make things way easier.

Who watched Loosing it with Jillian? Good show. Some of the stuff that she said really struck a nerve. Why do we set ourselves up for failure?? ( no one in particular) This question could be taken out side of the weight loss field and applied to other areas of our lives for sure. I look forward to next weeks show.

I'm not a big emotional eater. I'm more of a PMS eater lol. I know when it's coming because I feel it in my tummy and in my cravings for food. I've gone several days with out pop. I'm cutting back on my sugar but because TOM is coming I'm eating some chocolate cake.... I only do this when TOM is coming. Now, it would be kinda silly for me to do the diary for an emotional eater but since I'm a PMS eater I can still see how it works in the end.

Good reminder, Kelly. I'm the director of an outpatient substance abuse treatment center. I know for me, when I started treating my eating like an addiction, I started to seriously lose weight. When we get honest with ourselves, and stop trying to take shortcuts and fake our way to healthy living, then we actually see progress. At least, that was what it took for me. So, thanks for the great reminder!

And, Gigi76 - welcome to T.H.E. Team!!!
  • stillkristi
    Good morning, everyone! I just wanted to post my weekly weight before heading off to work:

stillkristi: sw - 507. gw - 195. cw - 363.2 = lost 7.8 lbs
  • Iffer75
    HI, GANG - quick check in - crazy busy. Garden looks great, getting a lot of exercise in out there. Eating pretty good - still slipping up at night when I get home from work late sometimes. Gotta work on that! Any ideas about what to do when you were running all day and didn't get to eat healthy - or maybe even at all, so you are FAMISHED at night when you get home? Thanks, gang. :bigsmile:

If you work with your cell phone in your pocket, set your alarm for every three hours and eat something. Rule of thumb is to eat every three hours and not to eat at least 2 hours before bedtime. When you get home make sure to eat healthy foods and drink a big glass of water. Try more fiber rich foods to help keep you full for longer. Don't not eat during the day, you are just sabatoging yourself. I am not trying to be harsh, but you have to eat to lose weight. Just make sure the foods you choose are healthy foods. I know you can do it. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    That right there is one of the best reasons to be doing this... for those moments where we feel like giving up... these moments help remind us that things are changing... our bodies are changing... we're happier.... we're looking better... we're feeling better.... that's why we do what we do....

Keep it up...

Exactly!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Nice work on the the softball game! It's on of those things that takes a different type of coordination to pull off. Plus the more you do it, the more your skill sets grow. I hope that you enjoy it as much as you seem to be!

Ya, we will see how I do and if they kick me off the team before I even start playing. LOL I will just try to have fun with it and go from there. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75

I think your challenge is a good one. You will have to let us know how it goes for you. I think we all have our cravings during that time, at least for me it is only every 3 months instead of every month. LOL

I do want to watch that show. I will let you know what I think after I watch it. Keep up the great work and have a happy weekend. :bigsmile: