Do you get your feelings hurt easily?

Options

Replies

• sandynas
    sandynas Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Honestly..I'm very thin skinned..i hate it. It's gotten better for me to hide throughout the years but it's still something i deal with.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    I don't really care what people say about me, it's either true and therefore why get upset, or lies, and therefore why get upset. I do cry at sad and emotional stuff on TV though and when pets die.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    No, but I am easily annoyed....
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I like to think about what the person said and why they may have said it... if i know the person's intention then I base my feelings on that.

But normally, I think, its not so much about having a thick or thin skin. It's about whether or not you act on how you feel, later on.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    No, I'm pretty thick skinned and hard to offend. If someone makes a crack I usually assume they're joking because I'm awesome. Then again I tend to hang out with people who like and care about me, and not *kitten* who want to hurt my feelings so I've never really been subject to much verbal abuse.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Every emotion is hard wired into my tearducts. Can't help it.
  • DSzokol
    Options
    I find that I do get hurt often. But knowing that I'm a bit sensitive with certain things helps me out. For example, if I know I feel hurt over not being included in my roommates plan, I can remember that our friendship is great - and her decision to hang with others has nothing to do with me. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I know that I do things that are the easiest for me, and I assume so does everyone else. Sometimes that means I will hurt others, and they will hurt me. I don't believe the people in my life do it on purpose (unless provoked by my carelessness). When I get sensitive over something, I know it is just my reaction, and it has nothing to do with them per se.

Hope I make sense.. sometimes I don't
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm sensitive, but also most people have the idea that being offensive is somehow funny and edgy, not hurtful and disgusting, so I'm often told "don't be so sensitive!" Okay, don't be such an *kitten*.

But that's how forums work, just accept it. Not getting someone else's so-called "humor" and not finding it funny means you're in the wrong, not them. It's never their fault because if you put something up on the internet, you should expect all kinds of feedback, except someone calling you out on being an *kitten*. That's never allowed.

If you don't like what someone else said to you, you can't complain, or you're an over-sensitive crybaby who clearly has nothing better to do than respond to a provocative post on the internet!

.../sarcasm
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    naaa. .my feeling is pretty difficult to find, so it doesn't get hurt much.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Are you more sensitive than the average bear? Thin skinned or thick? What does it to you?

Depends. Reactive responses are more Fort Knox than most - it's the conditioning - possibly, nurtured to not react as one should ordinarily, which was emphatically instilled to be inappropriate and common. To take insult too easily is a show of weakness, meaning easy to shatter, take down and assault at will, weakening one's family's position, endangering one's tribal assets and risking the safety of one's people who live as freely as they're possibly allowed to - comfortably.

In person it doesn't show in the least - the underlying rolling waves are instinctively neutralised/measured, to avoid detection, from years of having to stay within the gray area/balance between the conflicting groups.

For my sister and I - inhuman in reaction to anything that might incite violence - is our normal. In private we do break down like a normal person.

Edited to add: I am a tribal leader-born, so any insult done me, is not only directed at me. What i may characteristically deflect, my people will not, so we are taught and nurtured to control and prevent what can easily be interpreted as a means to incite the masses and we're a violent people.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I don't really care what people say about me, it's either true and therefore why get upset, or lies, and therefore why get upset.

I agree with this very much. This attitude is what ultimately has me stay even-keeled, because I tend to be more sensitive.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm an HSP.....that being said, I've learned to put on my big girl panties and not get them in a bunch when I am dealing with people.

I've taught myself that not everyone is an HSP and as such, I have to respect that they don't know/understand/relate to the fact that I get my feelings hurt quite easily....

however...movies...music....my relationship with social media will always out me....as my exes son used to like to say to ALL of his friends that would come over.

"Hey, watch Lauren while we watch this movie, if she starts crying, and she ALWAYS starts crying, it's a pretty good movie."

so yeah....I do...but no one will ever know unless I tell them...

oh...wait....damn.
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    I find that I do get hurt often. But knowing that I'm a bit sensitive with certain things helps me out. For example, if I know I feel hurt over not being included in my roommates plan, I can remember that our friendship is great - and her decision to hang with others has nothing to do with me. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I know that I do things that are the easiest for me, and I assume so does everyone else. Sometimes that means I will hurt others, and they will hurt me. I don't believe the people in my life do it on purpose (unless provoked by my carelessness). When I get sensitive over something, I know it is just my reaction, and it has nothing to do with them per se.

Hope I make sense.. sometimes I don't

Yes, it made sense. I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum! :flowerforyou:
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    feelings aren't real.
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    I'm an HSP.....that being said, I've learned to put on my big girl panties and not get them in a bunch when I am dealing with people.

I've taught myself that not everyone is an HSP and as such, I have to respect that they don't know/understand/relate to the fact that I get my feelings hurt quite easily....

however...movies...music....my relationship with social media will always out me....as my exes son used to like to say to ALL of his friends that would come over.

"Hey, watch Lauren while we watch this movie, if she starts crying, and she ALWAYS starts crying, it's a pretty good movie."

so yeah....I do...but no one will ever know unless I tell them...

oh...wait....damn.

I'm an HSP too and totally relate to what you're saying :flowerforyou:
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    feelings aren't real.

ahhhh....now I know the truth!! :D
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    There is a very short list of people in the world who can make me feel butthurt.

Beyond them, the list of people or things I give a rat's *kitten* about shrinks almost daily.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'm a baby, not gonna lie. I get hurt feelings very easily :embarassed: Pretty sure even if a little kid said something mean to me I'd probably be mopey about it.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    feelings aren't real.

ahhhh....now I know the truth!! :D

The picture comes into focus a bit more, huh?
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Only when I'm hungry...