30 Day Shred, starting March 1st and would LOVE company!

Options

Replies

• reenasamaan
    reenasamaan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is a lot of jumping. You do jumping jacks, butt kicks, jump rope, etc.

Thanks for the post! In that case I can just do the workout after work (not my preference cos I'm usually pooped but as Ms. Michaels preaches, "get comfortable with being uncomfortable," right? So other than a jump rope, weights and a mat, anything else one needs?
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You don't need a jump rope. You just "air" jump or pretend you have a rope! Just weights and a mat would be enough. Oh, stamina would help. LOL
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! will take before measurements and pics tonight!
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! :)
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Just be careful not to injure your knees. There are many reviews on Amazon about potential injuries. Just be careful.

I agree...it can be tough on the knees!! Also, you can watch them free on YouTube...

I have found that somedays I need to wear my knee brace. But if you listen to JM and do the exercises as she does you shouldn't have problems!

Good to know.

Thank you for the advice. I have 1 bad knee that starts bothering me when I really work my legs (Old injury I got while riding my bicycle after too much gin) so I've toned it down to yoga and extra walking for a week. Will proceed with caution and a knee brace and tensor wrap close at hand.
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I did 30 days straight back in Aug 2010 and lost just 6lbs BUT I lost 15.5inches! I had my first baby this past August and I've been struggling to lose anything. So here's hoping I can lose at least a few inches and pounds again!

Don't forget to measure yourselves! I measure damn near everything: neck, biceps, chest, waist, across the belly button (I'm high waisted but belly after belly is ROUGH), hips, thighs, and calves.

Let's do this! I'll post my starting measurements and weight in the morning.
    GREAT suggestion... I have never measured myself!
  • beejelblor
    Options
    SO.... I am SUPER thrilled with the responses!!!! I didn't expect so many enthusiastic people :) does anyone know if there are groups on MFP or if it is only your personal friends and page. It would be great to start a group that all of us can join for this so we can all participate and so we do not overload our current friends who are not participating in 30DS.

As for friend requests go, I began adding everyone who said they wanted to participate but there are a lot more then I can keep up with, feel free to add me and I will for sure accept :)

We can SOOO do this, you are all exactly what I needed to get PUMPED!!! We are all gonna be HOT MAMMAS!!!
  • chrislynn_marie
    chrislynn_marie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    March 1st?? I'm in!!! Anyone may feel free to add me for support along the way :)
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    SO.... I am SUPER thrilled with the responses!!!! I didn't expect so many enthusiastic people :) does anyone know if there are groups on MFP or if it is only your personal friends and page. It would be great to start a group that all of us can join for this so we can all participate and so we do not overload our current friends who are not participating in 30DS.

As for friend requests go, I began adding everyone who said they wanted to participate but there are a lot more then I can keep up with, feel free to add me and I will for sure accept :)

We can SOOO do this, you are all exactly what I needed to get PUMPED!!! We are all gonna be HOT MAMMAS!!!

I know there are several groups at various stages of 30DS. Another challenge group (walking/biking) I'm part of is just keeping that thread going by having participants post their progress (daily/weekly). With 30DS it may make sense to post at 10-day (or level 1-2-3) intervals. Just a thought.
  • beejelblor
    Options
    GROUP MADE!!!! Feel free to join it, assuming I did it right I have invited everyone that I have become friends with from this forum and will invite anyone else who requests me. It is called 30 DAY SHRED, STARTING MARCH 1ST!!!! If you can not find it or if I made it wrong let me know :)
  • aGirlOnFire
    Options
    Finally made the (easy) decision to quit making excuses for why I can't lose weight and improve my health and joined MFP yesterday! I will be starting the 30 day shred tomorrow as well!
  • Kandi150
    Kandi150 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. Picking up my copy soon as I get off work today!! Lord, I hope I can make myself keep it up... I have the worst self discipline in the entire world!!!
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I always get to day 7 or 8 and slack off. Feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • monmay01
    monmay01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow! I want to try this so bad but I'm just not sure I can keep up. I am soo overweight and out of shape. Any suggestions for first timers?
  • hon918
    hon918 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too! I just restarted 30DS this week, and would really like to finish this time.
  • ashleydanforth1
    ashleydanforth1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im on day 9 of 30ds its tough but not unbearable. I havent worked out in years, and ive done level 1 for 9 days ive lost 5.5 lbs and my clothes are definitly getting loose. I highly reccomend it!
  • sassyfrass9
    sassyfrass9 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    ill join in. i have had the dvd for a couple years and started it several times but never finished. lets do this!
  • affini12
    Options
    Wow! I want to try this so bad but I'm just not sure I can keep up. I am soo overweight and out of shape. Any suggestions for first timers?
    I started it Sunday, and I'm 5'6" and 300 pounds. It's rough, but I modify. Like, I can do jumping jacks for part of it, but then do something else for the other half. I definitely feel the burn and it's hard, but I feel amazing afterwards. Just try it. It's free on youtube :)
  • beejelblor
    Options
    everyone has to start somewhere, take it slow and ease into it :) MFP is full of so many amazing success stories and wonderful encouragement. feel free to add me and we can push one another to eat right and keep on track with our workouts.. small or large :)