Neighbor smoking pot. What would you do?

Options

Replies

• Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    1 then 2 would be my choice.

This.

If the kids don't care, too bad. I don't smoke and I couldn't care less in most situations but in this case they are messing with your livelihood, end of story.

...additionally, I would document all conversations surrounding the isseue because I would guess that should someone call the authorities on your wife, if there is documentation showing your efforts to change the situation your wife will have at least some sort of a leg to stand on to fight it.
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'd call the cops. Not only is it illegal, but I'm allergic to hemp. Logically, I don't want to inhale that stuff second hand either! Mom probably knows about it if the smell is that strong. So I'd skip #1 and go straight to #2.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Call police
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd talk to the mom first and then call the cops if nothing happens. You can't be worried about causing someone to maybe lose their job if they obviously don't care about your wife losing her business, either.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    Tell them to smoke further away from the fence or inside, if they don't listen just call the cops.

Do you really think their mother has the authority to make them stop? They're obviously going to keep doing it.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Talk to the mom, then call the cops. I live in Colorado, so things are a little different 'round these parts... but the mother should be given a chance to rectify the situation before involving the police, IMO.
  • NancyWtby
    Options
    Talk face to face like a man, and let them know whats gonna happrn.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Talk to the mom IMMEDIATELY but only once explain and if it happens again call the cops while they are still smoking.
    DOCUMENT EVERYTHING.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I would buy the kids a vaporizer

^^ you complete me !
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    For F@#KS sake call the cops...EVERY...SINGLE...TIME! Take it from someone who grew up with druggie/alcoholic parents; its better to end this now and with finality.

Edited because I really can spell.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    the state could potentially shut her down because of the unsafe environment.

Unsafe environment lol
    Are you suggesting that having litle kids breathing in pot smoke is somehow safe?

So now they're breathing it in? Come off it.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    just tattle on them to mommy. the legal penalties are to severe to be a snitch.
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Considering you already went to them directly and they wouldnt stop being little s****, talk to the Mum and if doesn't help....call da fuzz
  • GADavies
    GADavies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Country Joe and the Fish have some advice on this subject

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvGJvzwKqg0
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Kids smoking pot 50 feet away from you is not creating an unsafe environment. If they were offering it to the children, breathing it in their faces, or talking about how "cool" pot is to them, that's a whole different story. But it's their yard-- they can do what they want, and you're the one that chose to run a business out of your home. That means dealing with the fact that your neighbors have every right to smoke things in the privacy of their own backyard.

However, if you're really that worried about the day care getting shut down, talk to the parents. Getting the police involved will scare off more parents than the pot will, I guarantee you on that one.
  • BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Here in Colorado we'd just join in!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    For F@#KS sake call the cops...EVERY...SINGLE...TIME! Take it from someone who grew up with druggie/alcoholic parents; its better to end this not and with finality.

a bit harsh to immediately call in the cops and potentially ruin some teenager's lives.

i would talk to the mom, and make clear you will be calling the police if they don't move their activity, or stop altogether.
  • cricketpup
    cricketpup Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Are you "talking" neighbors? If so , I would pull her aside when she comes home from work and tell her what's going on.
    she may have no clue!
    Suggestion:
    Hey Suzi can I speak with you for a moment?
    I want to bring to your attention something you son is doing while your at work.
    There is a strong smell of pot drifting over from your place almost daily. Its so strong the kids playing in the yards even say something about it.
    It not that I approve or disapprove. I am only asking that your son smokes it in the house not outside where the whole neighborhood can smell it.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Crap, I was going to say "puff-puff-pass!" But this is actually a serious topic...
  • BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Agreed :)
This discussion has been closed.