When do you notice fat loss from strength training?

Options
13»

Replies

• alejandroak
    Options
    "Deleted", repost. :-/
  • alejandroak
    Options
    [I'm very curious, I've never heard if it, but what is "spinning" when referring to cardio?

Spinning = stationary bicycle.

Spinning bikes are typically quite different from the "other" bikes in the gym. No big display, no fat, padded seat, different handle bars, manual resistance adjustment, typically have 2-sided pedals: one side with "cage" for sneakers, other side with clips/fasteners for "clip in" shoes (typically SPD cleats)...

They're smaller, seat is a little smaller, ours are nifty enough and have a little computer (time, HR, kcal, resistance level, watts), DIRECT manual control over resistance.

I've typically always seen spinning bikes in a room, and classes are typically given by instructors, while "fast" music is played.

Hope that helps :-)
  • ericcanute
    ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    5'10", 204, 15, 22%. I've lost about 26 pounds since I started cardio in July.

15 years old?
    Yup

Ok well I calculated your TDEE based on 3-5 days of activity and if you were to eat 3292 calories per day you would stay at current weight...25% deficit would put you at 2469 calories per day ....you said you are eating at 1500 right now?

1500 will work for a while but eventually your gains will stall out ...if you are not comfortable bumping up that much go to 2K a day and see how that works..if you like the results then go up to 2300 or something....
    Hmmm alright I guess I'll have to bump it up. I don't know what I'll even eat to get there... It'll be hard for me to do.

chiken, eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, steak, brown rice, whole wheat linguine, etc...

your best friend is a slow cooker...I throw like seven chicken breasts in the thing on sunday and then shred them and throw in fridge so that I have lunch or whatever else I need ready to go...

make sure you log EVERYTHING
    Hmmmm alright. I do love chicken so that won't be a problem. Someone also bright up intermittent fasting and I was wondering if anyone has tried that and had progress?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You may make some 'newbie' gains at first as long as you have a good progressive loading strength training routine. The amount is finite and very variable as it depends on things like BF%, sex, training intensity, level of deficit, getting enough protein, genetics etc.

In general though, yes you will lose body fat at a quicker rate than you *might* gain muscle (if you do indeed gain some).

No matter what though, strength training will preserve your LBM and will make you stronger (plus a slew of other benefits) so that your weight loss = fat loss and you will look better when you get to your goal BF%.

Edited for typo

so if I have more sex I will lose more body fat%???????

LOL sorry just being a goof sara.....

Bwahaha...I had to look to make sure I didn't make a typo....maybe I should have worded that differently!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

15 years old?
    Yup

Ok well I calculated your TDEE based on 3-5 days of activity and if you were to eat 3292 calories per day you would stay at current weight...25% deficit would put you at 2469 calories per day ....you said you are eating at 1500 right now?

1500 will work for a while but eventually your gains will stall out ...if you are not comfortable bumping up that much go to 2K a day and see how that works..if you like the results then go up to 2300 or something....
    Hmmm alright I guess I'll have to bump it up. I don't know what I'll even eat to get there... It'll be hard for me to do.

chiken, eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, steak, brown rice, whole wheat linguine, etc...

your best friend is a slow cooker...I throw like seven chicken breasts in the thing on sunday and then shred them and throw in fridge so that I have lunch or whatever else I need ready to go...

Hmmmm alright. I do love chicken so that won't be a problem. Someone also bright up intermittent fasting and I was wondering if anyone has tried that and had progress?

I do leangains 18/6 but it is not a magic bullet or anything....and I think for someone your age you would be better eating three to four meals a day ....

Also, at 15 how the hell do you not eat everything in site? I was a bottomless pit at that age....
  • ericcanute
    ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
    Options

15 years old?
    Yup

I do leangains 18/6 but it is not a magic bullet or anything....and I think for someone your age you would be better eating three to four meals a day ....

Also, at 15 how the hell do you not eat everything in site? I was a bottomless pit at that age....
    I really don't know. I only like to eat my main meals or when I'm hungry. It's weird haha.