I don't get it.

Options
2»

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    NP.

Your body fat will take care of any missed basal needs but 2k will get you in the zone for macros.
    Just be sure you are lifting!
    Add jfrankic, marypatmccue, daisy_cutter_ and saunz5.
    Those girls will lead the way for you.
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    NP.

Your body fat will take care of any missed basal needs but 2k will get you in the zone for macros.
    Just be sure you are lifting!
    Add jfrankic, marypatmccue, daisy_cutter_ and saunz5.
    Those girls will lead the way for you.

Is cardio as good as lifting? I don't have a gym membership nor weights haha if no cardio I can find another way I guess :-)
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options

Load up on free veggies!

;D

What does that mean "free veggies"?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Load up on free veggies!

;D

Nutrient dense fibrous vegetables that carry close to no calories.

Asparagus Brussel Sprouts Cabbage Cauliflower Cucumber Eggplant Lettuce Mushroom

Okra Onion Peppers Radish Snow Peas Spinach Tomato Zucchini
  • Kttyler87
    Options

Load up on free veggies!

;D

Nutrient dense fibrous vegetables that carry close to no calories.

Asparagus Brussel Sprouts Cabbage Cauliflower Cucumber Eggplant Lettuce Mushroom

Okra Onion Peppers Radish Snow Peas Spinach Tomato Zucchini
    But if I load up on those that have no calories im to full to eat the calories that I need haha Right?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I spent all morning looking up the specifics, my tdee, bmr, bmi ect. It gave me 2800 in calories. Everyone Stressed how you should stay at your tdee to loose weight, if not slightly under I dont know what im doing wrong.. i am aiming for 2200 so its 20% under, I filled out my daily log in and it came up my weight now and said you will be at this weight in 5 weeks. Someone explain. Please. Haha

The "in five weeks" thing is never all that accurate under the best of times, but if you're going with custom calorie settings, it's going to be completely off.

I wish there was a way to override what MFP thinks your TDEE is with what you've found it really is. I have mine set to my TDEE and MFP "thinks" I'm going to gain 5 pounds every 5 weeks. If that were true, I'd be up about 20 pounds by now.
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    I spent all morning looking up the specifics, my tdee, bmr, bmi ect. It gave me 2800 in calories. Everyone Stressed how you should stay at your tdee to loose weight, if not slightly under I dont know what im doing wrong.. i am aiming for 2200 so its 20% under, I filled out my daily log in and it came up my weight now and said you will be at this weight in 5 weeks. Someone explain. Please. Haha

The "in five weeks" thing is never all that accurate under the best of times, but if you're going with custom calorie settings, it's going to be completely off.

I wish there was a way to override what MFP thinks your TDEE is with what you've found it really is. I have mine set to my TDEE and MFP "thinks" I'm going to gain 5 pounds every 5 weeks. If that were true, I'd be up about 20 pounds by now.

Haha right!
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    If you have 50 pounds to lose, I don't see how you will lose it with a target of 2800 or even 220o cals unless you are starting at 300-400 pounds, or do a LOT of exercise and do not eat back your calories. There are many proponents here of taking in lots of calories to lose weight, but they are mostly young men.
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    well im shooting for what Dan said, And fingers crossed it works! :)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    If you have 50 pounds to lose, I don't see how you will lose it with a target of 2800 or even 220o cals unless you are starting at 300-400 pounds, or do a LOT of exercise and do not eat back your calories. There are many proponents here of taking in lots of calories to lose weight, but they are mostly young men.

That's not true at all. I started at 170 pounds, 5' 3" and lost a large portion of my weight eating 2000 cals a day. I'm now down to around 1,800 calories a day. I'm tied to a desk all day, so I'm sedentary unless I'm working out. I've lost over 30 pounds. I must be doing it wrong.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

That's not true at all. I started at 170 pounds, 5' 3" and lost a large portion of my weight eating 2000 cals a day. I'm now down to around 1,800 calories a day. I'm tied to a desk all day, so I'm sedentary unless I'm working out. I've lost over 30 pounds. I must be doing it wrong.

Same here. I started at 160 at 5'5 and 38 years old, and lost most of my weight eating 1800-2200 calories total. Lost 25 pounds in 6 months, and have kept it off for close to 2 years now.

As long as she's eating below her TDEE, she'll lose.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    The best success I've had with losing fat & weight has been since I started eating 1800-2000 calories a day. And I'm a 44 year old chick. :tongue: