Somebody Help Me Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
One of our contractors just delivered two (2) dozen Fresh Spalding doughnuts to the office. Spaldings are by far The Best Doughnut In The World and I can hear them calling.

Somebody please come over and duct tape me to my desk. My chair has wheels on it so that's no good. Just leave at least one hand free so I can keyboard.

Replies

• 111sqy
    111sqy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    DRINK WATER!!!!! fill the stomach !!!!!!run!!!!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Fire the contractor and bring the donuts over to my place. I'll make sure they disappear-like the donut mafia.
  • bbmich23
    bbmich23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You do not want those..they are nasty....lol I agree with the water comment..Drink up and Fill up!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Depending on calories you have for the day, maybe eat half of one or a whole one.
  • Ganners
    Ganners Posts: 24
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself and just eat one and ENJOY it! If you deny yourself now you will just eat more another day because you feel hard done by, trust me!

xxx
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You are stronger than that dounut!!!! This is all about will power! You can do it!!! Say no and then don't argue with yourself! :smile:
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Eat one then workout. Jesus.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Better than Krispy Kreme? I don't know if I can believe you now. :huh:
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Sneeze on them. :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

agreed

the only other "useful" advice I'd have either give them away or do so much work you don't have time to get one
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Eat one and overcome your melodrama.
  • MaryPhilomena
    MaryPhilomena Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What wrong with eating one and enjoying it then taking a walk after work?
  • beautifulneah
    beautifulneah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous comments. Dont be to hard on yourself. Drink a bottle of water, take a walk and then eat half or tell yourself your gonna kick in 15 extra minutes of walking or exercise and eat the whole thing. Def post it to your calorie count too, But just 1, lol..
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    You don't want no STEEENKIN' DOH' NUTS! You know if you avoid them that they will start to get picked over. People who like to fool themselves will start cutting them into halves and quarters pretending that there is fewer calories if they eat them in pieces. Do you know that ONE plain munchkin (donut hole) has 60 calories? Really? I bet you can use those calories someplace else. And, after a while, all those donuts are going to be picked over and touched by everyone in the office. And, you know HALF those guys don't wash their hands after doing the doodie. YUK! No DOH' NUT for you!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Eat donuts. Run. Win at life.
  • All4Norma
    All4Norma Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Work food is so hard to resist...cause work sucks and food does not!
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Totally agree, it's nearly the weekend so treat yourself. X
  • moetr
    moetr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    WAIT! I will sometimes allow myself a treat at the office, but first I determine what time I will have it at and how much water I have to drink before I will have it. I pick a time that is as late as I think I can possibly wait, so that I'm less likely to end up going back for seconds. That way I'm not tortured thinking about it and fighting myself for wanting it, because once the time has come, I get it. I also try to fit it into my limits for the day - so that may mean I only have 1/2 of a cookie/donut/whatever. But then I can do it without any guilt.

Stay strong!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Those donuts are NOT for you, they are for someone else. That's what I tell myself to stay away. For me there is no one or half donut, there are at least 2 maybe 3 or 4, followed by guilt in addition to me working Friday nights so I can't work out to "make up for it." Try to keep yourself busy, read some posts on here look at your diary for the week, is one donut really worth wrecking your progress for the week? If it is worth it go for it, just make a well thought out decision before acting on your donut loving impulses.
  • younginaz
    younginaz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I make it a rule to never eat any of the food brought into the office. Just ignore it.