Somebody Help Me Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you are like me eating half won't do it as you will want it whole, and maybe another one. Log it on MFP and check the macro. Does it fit with the rest of the daily intake you planned for the day? If yes, go on and eat one. If not, say no.... the best reward to saying no: the feeling of power you will have once you have overcome your craving (i.e. once somebody else will have eaten them!).

We have a morbidly obese person in the office (to the point she can hardly walk) and I hate HATE hate when ppl bring fatty food because you and I can resist, she can't, she eats up to 3 doughnuts in one sitting. It makes me very sad to watch b/c it's an addition the same as drugs and it is literally killing her. Be stronger than this.

Why can't we convince ppl not to bring this type of food to offer at work????? Why not apples?
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    We've had cakes in the office today too. Lot's and lot's of Welsh Cakes for St Davids day.

I've eaten some, as they will fit in my daily calories.

They were yummy.

Life is too short to live without Welsh Cakes. Yumm.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    load those calories on to mfp and see how many are really in them, then see how much you would have to workout just to burn off one of those doughnuts I guarantee you it will change your mind, that's how I've had to use my self control before lol
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Eat all of the donuts, then run around the office screaming, "YOU ARE ALL SABOTAGING MEEEEEEE!"

Just kidding.

I like the idea of thinking that the donuts are for someone else. Personally, that would work for me. :smile:
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    when it comes to cookies and donuts, brownies, etc... I'll usually split em with someone else. :p that way its only half the calories! life is too short to give up on sweets completely !
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Sneeze on them. :)

Ha! That will work....Or just fit it in..
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    cut one in half and enjoy that half. it'll satisfy your craving, and at only half the calories. if it sets you off, have the other half. you can kind of trick yourself into thinking you had two donuts.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    If I don't see them, they aren't there. Don't go to the breakroom.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    OP - Congratulations on resolving this most difficult and life altering issue!
  • chissieasp
    Options
    Throw donuts at he who brought them...
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Here is what I did:

Ate 1/2 doughnut

Made sure EVERYONE in the office knew the doughnuts were there (about 40 people). ALL GONE NOW!

Damn, gone in 30 minutes. It's a good thing you didn't grab for one of those doughnuts - someone might have bitten your hand off.
  • Fiesty1006
    Fiesty1006 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    What wrong with eating one and enjoying it then taking a walk after work?

This! Eat it... Just follow up with some exercise... You can't cut out everything you like... That's not sustainable.

Nevermind... I'm late to the party... You ate half and spread the word... Nice. :-)
  • BIRDIEBL8
    BIRDIEBL8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Can I have the other half?
  • emjast
    emjast Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Proud of you!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Better than Krispy Kreme? I don't know if I can believe you now. :huh:

Almost every donut in the world is better than Krispy Kreme. Those are so nasty! :sick:
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Open window toss Donuts out, problem solved :-)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You don't want no STEEENKIN' DOH' NUTS! You know if you avoid them that they will start to get picked over. People who like to fool themselves will start cutting them into halves and quarters pretending that there is fewer calories if they eat them in pieces. Do you know that ONE plain munchkin (donut hole) has 60 calories? Really? I bet you can use those calories someplace else. And, after a while, all those donuts are going to be picked over and touched by everyone in the office. And, you know HALF those guys don't wash their hands after doing the doodie. YUK! No DOH' NUT for you!

60 calories is nothing! WTF?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Better than Krispy Kreme? I don't know if I can believe you now. :huh:

Almost every donut in the world is better than Krispy Kreme. Those are so nasty! :sick:

I agree. I've never been a huge fan of donuts, but Krispy Kreme are the worst. Especially after they get cold. They are just weird cold.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    brush teeth. this helped me yesterday.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    force feed them to your co-workers, job done ...