Here are my confessions...

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
1. I never count the calories from my creamer in my coffee. It's like a total free for all when it comes to that. And, even though I have never counted them...i'm still losing.

2. I also do not count the calories in the marinade that my husband makes for our grilled chicken (olive oil, etc.) It's just too much drama to try and figure it out so I act like it doesn't exist. Again, still losing.

I am sure there is more, but I have to keep my reputation around here solid...so i'll stop. :laugh: :bigsmile:

Give me your confessions...:smokin:

Replies

• KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't count barbecue sauce I brush on my grilled chicken and I don't count the margarine and olive oil I use while cooking veggies. I count the cream in my coffee and everything else but for some reason those two things I do not count. I am still losing so it must be working.:smile:
  • Rivah67
    Rivah67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm really bad i don't count the marge i use on toast and sandwiches although i use low a fat one i must miss off about 70 calories every day :blushing:
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'll take a drink of my boyfriend's soda just to savor the taste so that I'm never tempted to have my own. I'll also take an occasional bite of whatever naughty thing he's eating because one bite of alfredo is definitely better than the whole plate.

I do think you should log everything you put in your mouth to stay honest, but I don't in the above scenarios. How do you guestimate the calories in a sip of soda or one bite of pasta?
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I dont count the coffee that I drink. Its black, so its not that much in calories. I also dont count bbq sauce if I put in grilled veggies.
  • oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Options
    :ohwell: I don't count the squirt of honey I add to my plain yogurt! Oh, and every once in a while, on Monday's I will buy a choclate bar and have a square every day for about a week and a half. I don't count the squares. :smokin:

Man that feels good to admit!
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    I do count the creamer but do not count any marinade or olive oil when doing veggies (or whatever) either. I'm also guilty of not counting a "nibble/taste" from my husband or son's whatever. I was a very bad snacker so I try to keep very strict on not doing this but when I do take a taste I don't count it....as long as it is just a taste. I agree...how can you count/calculate a sip of pop? I do try to leave a small amount of calories at the end of each day to account for these things or a mis-measure. Still losing too :happy:
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    I am slowly transitioning to using only full fat dairy products, no fat free or low fat (save for what I have left in my fridge), and I am still losing as well!

And yeah, coffee creamer. I only use a little but i always neglect to write it down. Really everyone needs something to keep them from going nuts!
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't count the sugarfree gum I chew- it's around 3-5 calories a slice and I chew three pieces a day sometimes.
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I dont add my workouts here.

...it's probably why I'm stuck at a month long plateau.
  • benmarcum
    benmarcum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    man i wish i could get to the place where i did not count bourbon... ;)
  • vinjama
    vinjama Posts: 52
    Options
    I dont count the half and half I put in my coffee. I man I know I put 2 tablespoons an I think thats around 40-50 calories but whatever
    I'm eating fewer calories than I should be anyways
  • cileee21
    cileee21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't count diet soda...since there are no calories or sugars anyway...I figure it doesn't matter. I don't count it in my daily water intake though...since it can't possibly be that good for me.
  • daimy
    daimy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old daughter and I hang out a lot. I usually take a bite of her cupcake or a sip of her soda... It's just a bite, it can't hurt that much right?..... :blushing:
    I don't count the cuban mojito that I use to season my chicken.
    I don't count the ketchup that I use on my morning eggs or to dip my chicken into.
    BTW, still loosing.:bigsmile:
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I am REALLY bad... I go to Whole Foods and sample all their samples (a few grapes, a cheese cracker, some cheese cubes).

I'm sure its at least 100-200 calories... still losing so I guess its okay. :)
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I don't log on the weekends. For whatever reason I just don't want to do it...however, since I'm trying to drop some more weight I guess I'm going to have to log on the weekends...grrrrr...!!! I don't eat out of control, but I won't log...MUST LOG ALL FOOD...:grumble:
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I don't count the sugarfree gum I chew- it's around 3-5 calories a slice and I chew three pieces a day sometimes.

Forgot this one. Guilty!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I don't count any chocolate that I eat, reason being, I will never give it up. I don't, and never have, eaten fast food, fried foods or anything like that. I don't smoke, I don't drink....chocolate is my vice.
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Forgot this one. Guilty!

I don't count my gum either due to the fact that when I went to a diet clinic a few years ago they said not to worry about gum since you burn the calories chewing it.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I allow myself 1 mini hershey's chocolate or square from the huge dark chocolate bars and don't count it. I also don't count the sugar free gum or flavored water packets (5 cals for each). Occassionally I eat a brownie (made with unsweetened apple sauce instead of oil and cut to be 1/24 instead of 1/20 so only 80 cals each) and don't count those either.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I don't count the samples I get from the sample ladies at Costco. Luckily, we don't go there TOO too often :wink: