Does Anyone Bake Their Eggs?

Options
mcknjack
mcknjack Posts: 20
I found a great new way to do eggs and wanted to share. Instead of boiling them (where about 20% of my eggs broke when peeling them), I bake them, in the shell, in the oven. We eat a LOT of boiled eggs here, so it's wonderful!

It does not matter how old the eggs are, newly bought eggs peel just as easily as a week or two old eggs.

1. Put eggs straight onto oven rack.
2. Once all eggs are placed, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3. Set timer for 30 minutes.
4. When time is up, place all eggs in an ice bath for 10-15 minutes.
5. Peel eggs.
6. Eat eggs with a smile because they were so EASY! :)

Enjoy!

Replies

• uberkrafty
    uberkrafty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Didn't know you could do this :tongue:
    Will definitely try it out next time. Thanks for sharing!!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tip! did not know you could do that...and I will as i never boil eggs as I cant stand the stink! love to eat them though....does it not smell this way???
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    :noway: what kind of oven rack do you have that eggs can be placed upon? Mine would let the eggs fall right through. :grumble:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've never baked eggs in the shell, but I scramble them a little and bake them in a cupcake tray for the perfect size and shape for homemade egg mcmuffins. For extra yum, add a tablespoon of salsa and some pickled jalapeno slices.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    My wife does this. She places the eggs in a cupcake pan so they don't roll around.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump thanks!
  • Angie52732
    Angie52732 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I put mine in a muffin tin and bake them. I also grease a muffin tin with coconut oil, take a piece of turkey bacon and line the edge of the tin with the bacon, put some chopped peppers, mushrooms in the bottom and crack an egg on top and bake for about 20 minutes. Soo good!!

Pinterest has tons of ideas that I love!!!

Angie
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I just made them this week for the first time. Baked in cupcake pan at 325 degrees for 25 minutes, they turned out perfect!!!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    What a great idea, thanks
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I whisk mine with a little milk, spray a cupcake tin with nonstick, add goodies (olives, bacon, onions, peppers, jalapenos, cheddar, etc) and bake them into actual egg muffins. I will have to try this in-shell egg technique but will definitely put them in a muffin tin -- I have terrible visions of exploded eggs all over my oven.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I whisk mine with a little milk, spray a cupcake tin with nonstick, add goodies (olives, bacon, onions, peppers, jalapenos, cheddar, etc) and bake them into actual egg muffins. I will have to try this in-shell egg technique but will definitely put them in a muffin tin -- I have terrible visions of exploded eggs all over my oven.

I do this with sausage and cheese! Sausage, egg and cheese cupcakes for breakfast!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I put mine in a muffin tin and bake them. I also grease a muffin tin with coconut oil, take a piece of turkey bacon and line the edge of the tin with the bacon, put some chopped peppers, mushrooms in the bottom and crack an egg on top and bake for about 20 minutes. Soo good!!

Pinterest has tons of ideas that I love!!!

Angie

I do this too!!! so yummy
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've never baked eggs in the shell, but I scramble them a little and bake them in a cupcake tray for the perfect size and shape for homemade egg mcmuffins. For extra yum, add a tablespoon of salsa and some pickled jalapeno slices.

Trying this!! Thanks! :D
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If you put your hard boiled eggs in an ice bath then they will always peel easily!
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options

I do this with sausage and cheese! Sausage, egg and cheese cupcakes for breakfast!

I now know what I'll be making for breakfast on Sunday!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I don't bake them in the shell, but I sometimes make a little nest of spinach in a cupcake pan and crack the eggs into that and bake them...kind of an eggs Florentine kind of thing...
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    If you put your hard boiled eggs in an ice bath then they will always peel easily!
    Yep, pretty much the solution to the egg problem. I just run them under cold water immediately after cooking, and it works great.

And I cook my eggs in an Egg Genie, and it is one of the best inventions of all time. Seriously. It even buzzes when it's done, no forgetting about them, no heating up an entire kitchen due to using the oven. $10-15 for this thing, worth every cent!

0080313080951_500X500.jpg
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I use my steamer. 100% easy peeled eggs every time. Even new ones.:smile:
  • Cryso7
    Cryso7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump