girls only please. will my dress top fit?!

Options
ok girls I posted this on the wedding group I belong too but maybe some one here can offer help?! lol

Ok so I found my dream dress on Amazon. and for what I consider a good price (300 bucks) To me that's a LOT of money but I'm not having a huge wedding so I can easily keep other things cheap. My concerns however are with the dress. I ordered the XXL because it was their biggest size. I am almost positive I need to loose a few inches in the waist for it to fit but that's doable I have until September. My biggest fear is the bust! the dress for that size say it's a 41.5 inch bust. It is a corset top which I'm praying give me a little leway! My concern is I'm a 38 i cup... I'v been top heavy my whole life! to me a D cup would be tiny! I don't think I've been even a triple D since high school. even then I seem to remember being bigger than that...

I already know a strapless bra in my size simply does not exist! I have spent HOURS and weeks and yes years looking for a strapless in my size simply to take the pressure off my shoulders! My mom was very big up there also. I say WAS because in December she finally convinced her insurance to cover a reduction for her. I have medicare and medicaid so I am going to also try to convince them I need a reduction. Unfortunately however unlike mom who has crevices in her shoulders and degenerating disks in her back from her boobs I don't have any of those problems (not that I want them!). I know it's going to be hard to convince them to pay for me to get a reduction. I'm just afraid I won;t be able to get my reduction and with out it I'm terrified my dress or ANY dress for that matter will fit me! I already hate cloths shopping due to my boobs. I only wear tank tops because other wise I feel SO restricted It's like I can't even move!

I don't exercise either. I just don't. Why? Not because I'm uninspired to. MFP is wonderful for inspiration! but it means either leaving them hanging in the way (mostly pain free until I bounce or hit one!) or putting on a bra which well I pretty much have to be FORCED (I REALLY HATE bras!) into any time I go any where. And even with a bra on I bounce no matter what I do but besides that I then break out under my boobs (no powders don't help :( ) and my shoulders and neck hurt so bad I still don't wanna move. Mom's going to try and get me into the dr's to see if she can help me like she did mom when I go see her in a week. I wouldn't be so nervous except that when mom went to get help for hers she discovered our previous doctor hadn't been documenting her several years worth of complaints about her back issues being caused by her boob size. which leads me to believe if he didn't document hers I highly doubt he documented mine. I'm glad we found a new more efficient and friendly doctor! I just REALLY hope that she can get my insurance to cover a reduction for me this summer!

My wedding is in September so I have a little time but I'm becoming more and more nervous. I wish my dress was here already so I could try it on and see where and how much I need to improve to fit into it! Maybe once it's here I'll find more reason to exercise... at the very least as soon as the snow finish's melting (sigh it's snowing as I type) my Fiancee josh and I plan on hiking the wooded trails everyday I have already told him unless I'm sick He is to make me go walking with him daily. We're actually both looking forward to the walks in the woods. But I know my mind will change by the time summer hit with the high humidity and heat. I do not like the heat! again this is a lot to do with the whole boob thing. I get NASTY heat rashes under there that nothing can cure except time no bra and aloe vera gel to help.

It's funny I'm both looking VERY forward to getting married to the man of my dreams but scared also. Scared the few things I am being *****y about for the wedding are the few thing I can see going wrong. I'm really not being picky with most of it. I'm trying to keep it as cheap as possible for me and the few people in the party (my sis the best man and the poor flower girl and ring bearer's mom.) that girl is going to have her hands full! The flower girl is 4 and the ring bearer well he'll be born in a few weeks :) so yeah the poor girl will have her hands full lol! I'm not expecting any advice or anything. But if you have some to offer please offer away! I just felt the need to vent I guess. I vent even the right word? I'm not mad just worried lol Oh well I'm rambling so if you made it this far thanks for reading!

my dress that's coming in!

81nnalRRYtL_SL1500__zps5f5ecd92.jpg

Replies

• tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Wall of text may need a Teal Deer version.
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Wall of text may need a Teal Deer version.

I'm afraid I don't understand? Teal Deer version? not sure what that is sorry :blushing:
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    teal deer = tl;dr

= too long, didn't read
  • tryclyn
    Options
    Summary would be good.
  • TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think it will. (And I didn't know what this'd abbreviations meant, either. Don't feel bad)
  • TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think it will. (And I didn't know what this'd abbreviations meant, either. Don't feel bad). Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. I hope it does fit-its gorgeous
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    Options
    ahh ok. I went through and edited it a bit. I don't talk or type alot normally! lol I'll be honest I'm not sure the best way to sum it down.. I guess it all sums down to my worries that I'm to big up top to fit into ANY dress I might find, much less the one I ordered. I'm hoping I can get a reduction before then but I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch! and basically if any one knows a good supportive strapless bra in a 38 I that would work with the dress.... Or any other ideas! LOL
  • JSEquestrian
    Options
    I have larger boobs too but not to your extreme ... but I totally understand the bra thing I have to put on an extra tight sports bra to ride my horse and by the time I'm done my back is KILLING me. Have you tried getting an exercise ball and just doing crunches? I know it doesn't seem like much but they do make a major difference in helping lose weight and tone up. Also the wii fit has aerobic workout that wont make the boobs bounce and still gets your heart rate up so you burn calories. The corset tops do lead to more room but since you can't wear a bra if it is tight when it comes in try an ace bandage to wrap them in (my one friend who had your same issue did that to make her wedding dress fit) Good luck and congrats!
  • highcountrymama
    highcountrymama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dress. I hope you'll be able to make it work. Maybe you'll be able to make some minor alterations to help. Happy wedding!
  • highcountrymama
    highcountrymama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My friend Donna has a wonderful selection in many sizes. www.softersilk.com
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    Options
    hhmm an ace bandage. when the dress comes in I may try that! I have one from being a clutz this last fall and falling down the last stair of the flight. lol Always watch where your going! I do have the wii fit bored with wii fit plus and also ea active. I enjoy both but wii fit gets kinda boring for me and ea I only enjoy a few of the things like the boxing (boobs are great but painful punching bags! LOL) and oddly enough the running except that the running hurts. I did just get a game in called Walk it Out for the wii a few days ago So I'm going to give it a try. Never thought of a ball for doing crunches. I may look into that. I love MFP every one on here is awesome! thanks gals :)
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    Options
    My friend Donna has a wonderful selection in many sizes. www.softersilk.com
    cool! I'll take a look and keep it in mind! ty!
  • tryclyn
    Options
    Have you tried A&D ointment for the rash? Powder doesn't work for me either.

The sports bra issue. Are you able spend money on an expensive one? I know that some women have luck doubling up.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/905211-sports-bras-big-boobs?hl=sports+bra

Bra for the dress. Have you seen the Double Divas? http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/double-divas/video/season-1/episode-7/molly-helps-a-bride-with-a-bra
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    First of all, let me say that I have been a 40 I bra size for the last several years. I was fitted about 5 years ago, and was wearing completely the wrong bras (other than my wedding bra) until then :(. Thanks to MFP and my workouts for the last 6 months, I've come down to a 36 I. And Avalon...? There ARE I cup strapless bras. I've seen them. I wore an H cup strapless in my wedding 16 years ago. They do exist. Looking online, I see a couple of stores (Nordstrom's Penney's, etc) that sell strapless 38 I's but I am sure they are order only, not in stores.

I don't know if there's one in your area, but check out http://myintimacy.com/. Two weeks ago, I bought my first 36 " bra in probably 12 years... And they had to alter it *down* for me, because on the tightest setting, it just fits. A good bra is a good thing. But a great bra can literally make you feel so much better :). Good luck in your search, they are out there. And congrats on the upcoming wedding!!
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I hope that your dress fits and congratulations on the weight that you have lost already! I think the best dress strategy is to seriously commit yourself to establishing how much weight you would like to lose, setting a reasonable monthly weight loss goal, and logging every piece of food that you put in your mouth. You have to be equally serious about exercise--never mind if it is too cold, or the wii games are boring, or whatever. There will always be a reason why you don't want to exercise (I know this because I excused myself for years!) as it says in the commercial--just do it!

Sorry I'm no help on the bra--I have the opposite problem. With weight loss and exercise, the "girls" have done a disappearing act!
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to predict whether your top will fit ... but I was a 44G for years and I found I could soak up the sweat and prevent rashes by tucking soft cotton fabric against my skin.

I just cut up an old t-shirt into squares, hoisted one boob up, pressed the fabric flat against my skin, and let the boob down. Then I did the same for the other side.

Be sure that the square of fabric you cut is at least long enough to reach from the base of your underboob to the tip. It's better if the fabric is double the length; that way you have two layers of fabric and that feels a lot better.

Even though I'm a lot smaller now -- like, I can buy regular bras in regular stores! -- I still do that occasionally. I make sure the fabric cushions the place where my bra band meets my ribcage. Otherwise, I get diaper rash. I bring the sexxy back, that's for sure.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    My question is if you are so large on top why would you buy a dress from the internet instead of in person?? With special body needs not trying on dresses in person seems like a recipe for disaster(IMHO). You need to find someone that can fit and alter a dress to fit your needs. As much as you want to be able to buy off the rack, you may not be able to. Good luck on your quest.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Cut a piece of string 41.5" long and see how far it fits around your bust. I'll bet it's not even close. You might get a couple of extra inches off the corset back but that's it. Maybe you can find some matching fabric and have it customized by a tailor?
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I won't be any help in the dress department, but in terms of your exercise dilemma, have you considered swimming?

It may be a challenge to find a suit that contains/supports your chest well, but once you find it, swimming is fabulous exercise!!
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I bought a wedding gown from j crew 7 years ago from a magazine. However, it looked awful on me! I was always big busted too, and that wasn't an issue with how the dress looked. Personally, I would never buy a formal gown on line or in a mag again!!!! I'm just saying......