Sports Bras and Yoga pants

Options
Hey there!!! So ive got one sports bra and one pair of yoga pants, i bought both at Walmart (haha thats right :/ ) although they havent let me down yet the sports bra is a bit uncomfortable and it seems to already be coming apart after two months of washing everyday.

I was wondering if you ladies have any advice on what kind of bras and pants are very durable and worth the price tag, i honestly picked these up because they were so cheap. What gives good support, comfort, durability, and wont deteriorate after two months?

Thankyou in advance :)

Replies

• tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have several pieces from Target, which I like a lot. The UnderArmor brand is pretty durable, although can be a little more costly.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    So you have a sports bra and yoga pants that have endured 60 washings and dryings and are just now having issues?

Ummmm, stick with WalMart. That's good no matter what brand you're talking about.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have some Champion pieces from Target that have lasted years. I also like UA and Nike. Old Navy makes an affordable line but I have only recently picked up some pieces so I don't know how durable they will be.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I have a couple sports bras. Bought them at a sporting good store. It is a little pricey but durable like tiffany said.

I do own a pair of yoga pants, but I prefer workout capris and compression shorts. I think it's more comfortable and since I sweat pretty easily, the capris and shorts absorb all that sweat. I really only wear yoga pants when I go out for a run in the extreme cold.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Although I havent found any certain yoga pants I would write home about (I have lots of workout pants and rotate them) I do have an awesome sports bra that is still going strong after almost day on and day out use (washing in between of course!) since Christmas of 2011!!!

under-armour-ua01-1001231-gs.jpg

I think Its called the sonic bra... but a word of warning: I wanted another to rotate it with, bought the more expensive armour bra (in a C cup) and I hate it. The lining comes out or moves around every time I wash it and its way too big, and I normally wear a D cup. So yeah. I LOVE the one above and will keep buying them as long as they make them :)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    In for what I'm hoping will turn into a very promising photo shoot.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The Champion line at Target is nice, and I've gotten some stuff at Old Navy that I really like. I actually returned a Moving Comfort bra because I found one at Old Navy that keeps the girls in place while running for much cheaper. I was shocked because the other ON bra I have has lots of jiggle, this other one is their compression one, I think. I also like Under Armour gear, althugh it's pricey, comparatively. I've also got some yoga capris from Kohl's Tek Gear line I like.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I do my shopping for workout gear at places like Ross and TJ Maxx. They have name brand stuff for way lower prices. Everything I've gotten from there has been great! And btw, your bra actually sounds very durable if you've been washing it every day for two months, haha.
  • calliangelo
    Options
    TJ MAXX and Marshall's! under armor has the best sports bras!
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    JCPenny has some great capris for 10 bucks that I love.
  • andrea_v2h
    Options
    I love the C9 by Champion bras from Target. They are cheap enough that I have 3 of them. I wear them twice and then wash. Gross maybe, but whatever, it works for me.

For yoga pants, Old Navy's are comfortable and pretty durable for how cheap they are. Lately, though, I've been wearing GapFit capris and prefer those.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    Ross and Marshalls have good prices on yoga pants. I bought some sports bras at a Hanes Outlet, they have bra-like ones and ones that you can wear on their own. Great fit and support.
  • kanadian_bear
    Options
    I buy all my sports bras from gym star apparel www.gymstar.ca. They make the "better bodies" line of sports bras and so far have loved every one I've bought.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I found mine at jcpenney...it's black and it's racerback. I just love it. I wear it daily, several times per day. It gets washed everyday normal cycle including a touch of bleach. It's at least a year old, and I have no need to buy another one...it holds up to all the wear like a champ,and looks great under clothing. *off to find a link* Did not see it online, I found mine in the store.
  • Sleepynita
    Options
    I love old navy and gap outlets knee length compression pants. They wash up really well and have endured 6 weeks of constant washing.

I have 2 moving comfort bras and one shock absorber, they are all great but I prefer the shock absorber.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    So far my sports bra from Nike does great and my yoga pants from Costco..
  • CameronMaude
    CameronMaude Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I swear by lululemon, but it's crazy expensive. I would not wash those everyday, though! It will probably make them deteriorate much much faster. Maybe if you invested in a few pairs of everything you need, they will last you forever (I know people who have had their stuff for 10 years and it looks new) and it is REALLY good quality:)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Also, I have to jump in say how impressed I am with all the ladies that do laundry every day. I do my laundry once a week, IF THAT! That's why I own like a million sports bras :tongue: Ah, the life the of the lazy...
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love Moving Comfort sports bras. They're a little more expensive, but they wear like iron, keep the girls in line, and don't fall apart in the washer. I've worn about every kind of sports bra, and this one passes the test.

I don't wear yoga pants. I have a 35 inch inseam. I'm either in men's wind pants or some sort of workout capris. For work out capris, try H&M. You can get a great pair that even have pockets for about $20. They actually have some decent work out clothes that aren't dowdy.
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    Handwash, or at least hang dry.
    My nike stuff lasts for years.