If you were forced to eat at Red Robin what would you get?

Options
ttiiggzz
ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
Daughter's choice for her bday on Monday. Haven't been there since before I started tracking every bite that goes into my mouth.

What would you get to eat at Red Robin?

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Just go to their website and find something that you can fit into your calories. It does look like it might make it an otherwise skimpy food day, but do your best. We can't all be perfect all the time!

http://www.redrobin.com/faq
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    A large salad with dressing on the side, or their grilled chicken sandwich and save half for later. You can substitue fries for a side salad.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    California chicken burger on whole wheat bun with fries. If that is the restaurant of choice, that is what I always get.
  • izoom3
    izoom3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    go to their web site and start planning now. That way you can plan out your calories for the entire day around the meal. I often put dinner in first and build back from that.
  • mains_adam25
    mains_adam25 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    burning love burger
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    go to their web site and start planning now. That way you can plan out your calories for the entire day around the meal. I often put dinner in first and build back from that.

This
  • Dawnomite
    Dawnomite Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ensenada chicken platter..
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'd get whatever I felt like getting since its a special occasion.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options

This is exactly what I do and when I get to the restaurant, I dont open the menu to be tempted by other items or any specials they may have going on. I always know what I am going to order before going out at night and enter it first thing in the morning and make adjustments for the rest of the day. I usually just do brunch if I'm eating out at nite.
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    I love RR and I would get either a salad or a burger (no bun) and some gluten free sweet potato fries.
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    Never forced to do anything
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    The Bruschetta Chicken Sandwich sounds good, and doesn't seem too bad at 615 calories. Add a side of black beans and some Freckled Fruit Salad (whatever that is!) and I think you'd fill yourself up quite well for a total of 810 calories. Do some exercise and you should be able to fit that into your day's calories.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    A burger. A big one. I'd enjoy it and not worry.

Cut back on other things if you are worried about one day, but enjoy your daughter's birthday. One burger will not do any serious damage. Neither will the cake you enjoy after.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    A burger. A big one. I'd enjoy it and not worry.

And fries, and beer.
  • hidensee
    hidensee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Anything can be special ordered as you like. So get what you want skip the fried nasties it you want to avoid those and sub out fruit or salad options that won't make you feel left out. You can always have a bite or fry from someone elses plate if you just can't resist
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Crispy Chicken Sandwich. Calorie Bomb. But sooooo good.
  • jenifo11
    jenifo11 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I get the Chicken Ensenada Platter with just one piece of chicken and no ranch sauce/dressing. I ask for a side of salsa, cut up the chicken, mix everything on the plate together, and it makes for a pretty tasty salad.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The Apple Harvest Salad without the Blue Cheese crumbles and without the garlic bread. Comes out to about 489 calories.I would just enjoy yourself get what you want and make it work. Just be concious after looking at their nutrionizer alot of things that look like they would be better choices are still around 800 calories.
  • ajcrain
    ajcrain Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I 'had' to eat there last weekend (my son's bday choice) and I struggled over the menu. I ended up getting the California chicken and took the top bun off. I also only ate a few fries. I was able to stay within my calorie intake goal.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    If I go to Red Robin there are always fries and IPAs involved......I never get out of there at less than 1200 cals.