Cutting carbs and I feel so dizzy...

Replies

• cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Thanks for all the great responses! I've been stricter with myself because I took a little break and ate with abandon and gained 10 lbs. I have a LOT of weight to lose. But, I want to lose it in a healthy way by eating healthy and moving my body. I really appreciate the advice.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    its not the carb problem you have eaten 123 grams of carbs so far today...your body has plenty of carbs to keep you from that..... just my opinion ...

i have had breakfast lunch and a snack and consumed only 3 total carbs so far.....

so you might have something else going on...one guy asked if you were hydrated????? that is a great question...

good luck to you
  • CobraA5
    CobraA5 Posts: 7 Member
    You need to take complex carbs like a baked potatoe or pasta so you will have some energy.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    You need to eat more food. You're not eating enough calories, period. I don't think your dizziness has anything to do with your carb intake. You're not really eating that low in terms of carbs. Your calories are very low, however. Not healthy to eat that way.
  • skiersteve12345
    skiersteve12345 Posts: 89 Member
    The whole benefit of counting calories is that you don't have to cut down on certain things, calories in vs calories out
  • Cslauson86
    Cslauson86 Posts: 51 Member
    Are you staying hydrated?

Make sure you get your water in!! It's really an important piece to feeling good! :drinker:
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220
    The reason you are dizzy is because some of the candida in your body is dying off. It feeds off of carbs and sugar. When you reduce carbs, candida dies and releases toxins into your system. During "die off" 79 toxins are released including ethanol and acetaldehyde. This is what people mean when they say they got, "carb flu". It will pass in a few days. That is why it is a good idea to cut carbs slowly, decreasing a little each day. Soon you'll feel amazing.
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    I eat low carb as well and I did get the carb flu but I was just super tired for a few days and then it let up. Do what you feel you need to do. Just make sure your good fats are up.
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    I felt like this the first week I cut out refined carbs.Dizzy and weird and not altogether there. But I also wasn't eating enough calories either. I knew I needed more calories but it was hard to fit them in when I was eating lower calorie foods like veggies and fruit. I needed to cut the refined carbs cold turkey though cause I was seriously addicted. After that first week of feeling weird and upping my calories I felt better and the carb cravings were mostly gone. Check out that scooby workshop calculator someone mentioned and input your info. I still do a lower carb, mostly limiting to 113g of carbs a day. I think my percentages are 25% carbs 30% protein and 45% fat but if I go over on the carbs and stay under on my calories it's no big deal.
  • MrsFlotron
    MrsFlotron Posts: 39 Member
    More food more water looks like you're eating pleanty of carbs, keep up the good work.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    With lower carbs your supposed to eat higher fats and proteins. I think you are also probably eating too much sugar... Try limiting to one fruit a day.
  • KellySteinLloyd
    KellySteinLloyd Posts: 3 Member
    Every year I go on the Daniel Fast (fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts). After a few days I do get a little shaky and headaches, but they usually pass after a week, and I feel so much better than before the Fast. However, it is important to remember to keep your protein up.... soy beans are good for this. And drink lots and lots and water... especially if exercising. Carbs are like other additions, and you will go through withdrawals, but it will pass....
  • cgarand
    oops :blushing:
  • cgarand
    Your net calories are 701 yesterday and around 1000 more or less the days before. You probably just need to eat. Why are you starving yourself? There is no need for it to lose weight. Try this calculator to see what you really should be eating.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Nice site, thanks for sharing it!
  • cgarand
    I don't see why you're attempting low carb though if your diet is relatively clean already.

I am trying to lose weight and someone suggested trying to reduce my carbs. But, I love my fruit. I also do regular cardio and am a newbie at weight training (doing Jaime Eason's 12 week LiveFit program)
  • cgarand
    Make sure you are eating enough fat; that is by far the main issue with feeling like crap when you are eating low carb. It's not low FAT and low carb...that would be a mess! :)

THIS

I eat very low carb and very high fat and I'm feeling awesome. But some people get a "carb flu" when they first lower carbs. Nevermind all the people saying "don't do it"; it's the only way of eating that makes me healthy. Maybe not for everyone, but certainly for many people.

Edit: best health in years and losing lots of fat and I eat 70-80% of calories from fat.

I have elevated cholesterol, so I'm trying not to eat a lot of fat. I do have raw almonds and occasional peanut butter. I don't know, I'm just going to try to stay conscious about what I put in my mouth but I can't go lower carb than I have. I need my fruit.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    The reason you are dizzy is because some of the candida in your body is dying off. It feeds off of carbs and sugar. When you reduce carbs, candida dies and releases toxins into your system. During "die off" 79 toxins are released including ethanol and acetaldehyde. This is what people mean when they say they got, "carb flu". It will pass in a few days. That is why it is a good idea to cut carbs slowly, decreasing a little each day. Soon you'll feel amazing.
    To get "carb flu" as you call it, you have to be eating very "low carb". She isn't.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    With lower carbs your supposed to eat higher fats and proteins. I think you are also probably eating too much sugar... Try limiting to one fruit a day.

It's really not necessary to only eat one fruit a day. I eat a fairly low carb diet and I can fit in several servings most days.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    You'll get use to it. It takes a while. Try peanuts. I also like rice cakes. Mix protein with your Carbs. It seems impossible at first but it gets easier. Good lu k.
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Don't cut carbs to dramatically. Its a common mistake and can cause severe deprivation of energy. I would suggest, if wanting to go low carb. Eat complex carbs in the morning, before your workout, and after your workout. It wont effect weight loss.