Options

Replies

• zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Pomegrante and MANGO. :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    The seaweed is crispy, salty, nutty and delicious. Slightly sweet. Similar to nori (the stuff around sushi) but very crispy. It's amazing.

That sounds good will try and find some
  • meeper123
    Options
    Pomegrante and MANGO. :)

Love both :D
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack at the moment is roasted chick peas you just take a can of chick peas put them in a pan put one table spoon olive oil on them and mix until all coated then season with your fav spices i used the sodium free garlic and herb one this time and bake at 350 for about an hour or until desired crispness.

What is your favorite healthy snack

that's only healthy if your chickpeas do not come from a can otherwise you are eating alot more sodium and exposing yourself to BHA. but according to WHFoods if you rinse the canned version for at least a minute it can remove alot of that sodium.

oh and to answer your question...

Fresh Salsa (preferably homemade) mixed with any kind of hummus on blue corn chips or organic celery. when i want something savory..that or my faux bagel bites, which is really a chopped up eggplant or squash with pizza sauce, a little mozzarella ans some mushrooms, another great dip to try with cucumbers or on otger things, really simple: Organic Plain Yogurt, mix in some fresh chopped dill, and some minced wet garlic. and a squirt of lemon juice...DIVINE!!!

and when i want something sweet just a simple fruit salad parfait of any fresh fruit a squirt of honey and some organic french vanilla yogurt maybe with a sprinkle of granola on top. or strawberries dipped in dark chocolate...ooooh..
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I have to do this this weekend.

I like the Fage greek yogurt mixed with fresh fruit or canned no sugar added Del Monte peaches. I also like to mix in some Smart Start Kellogg's cereal for a crunch. It's lower in cals than granola.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    No-bake protein bars made from chocolate whey protein, chopped dates, mashed banana, and almond meal...yumminess
  • nomicat77
    Options
    My favorite snack at the moment is roasted chick peas you just take a can of chick peas put them in a pan put one table spoon olive oil on them and mix until all coated then season with your fav spices i used the sodium free garlic and herb one this time and bake at 350 for about an hour or until desired crispness.

that's only healthy if your chickpeas do not come from a can otherwise you are eating alot more sodium and exposing yourself to BHA. but according to WHFoods if you rinse the canned version for at least a minute it can remove alot of that sodium.

Fresh Salsa (preferably homemade) mixed with any kind of hummus on blue corn chips or organic celery. when i want something savory..that or my faux bagel bites, which is really a chopped up eggplant or squash with pizza sauce, a little mozzarella ans some mushrooms, another great dip to try with cucumbers or on otger things, really simple: Organic Plain Yogurt, mix in some fresh chopped dill, and some minced wet garlic. and a squirt of lemon juice...DIVINE!!!

and when i want something sweet just a simple fruit salad parfait of any fresh fruit a squirt of honey and some organic french vanilla yogurt maybe with a sprinkle of granola on top. or strawberries dipped in dark chocolate...ooooh..

I meant BPA..Bisphenol A which has been linked to Breast Cancer, Endocrine disruption, Obesity, Pristate issues, brain tumors, thyroid problems and a multitude of other problems,

bottom line avoid canned foods and try to avoid touching anything carbon copied like reciepts, tickets, movie stubs.etc.
  • nomicat77
    Options
    special K chips may not be healthy, but you can eat a LOT of them and still be low on cals.

Never had em

they are expensive, and NOT filling at all. but yummy.
  • nomicat77
    Options
    I've been eating a ridiculous amount of mangoes. I've gone through 2 flats of them this month.

I also love:

roasted seaweed
    crispy chickpeas
    hummus
    apples + peanut butter + honey
    toast + avocado
    Muesli + greek yogurt
    raw almonds
    popcorn + nutritional yeast
    Brown rice cakes + laughing cow

I FREAKIN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE MANGOES..but never know how to eat them and not make a mess:(
  • nomicat77
    Options
    I made this incredible cranberry sauce for thanksgiving:

2 large tart apples

2 pomegranates, peeled and seeds separated

1 (16 fl oz) bottle pomegranate juice

(2 cups white sugar)...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 CUPS RAW SUGAR!!!!!or the equivalent of Organic Agave or Stevia just NEVER THE WHITE STUFF!!!

2 large oranges

2 (12 ounce) bags fresh cranberries, rinsed and sorted

1 cup pecans, chopped

Directions

Peel and core apples, and put peelings and cores in a small saucepan with pomegranate seeds, 1/2 cup juice, and 1/2 cup sugar. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
    Chop the peeled apples, and place in a large saucepan. Remove zest from half of one orange, chop very fine, and add to apples. Peel oranges, chop coarsely, and add to pan along with cranberries and remaining juice and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 30 minutes.
    Remove small pan from heat, and strain juice into larger pan. Cool solids slightly, and then push though a sieve to remove seeds and peels, adding remaining pulp to larger pan. Stir in nuts, if desired. Cook about 10 minutes longer. Serve warm, room temperature, or chilled.

So good on saltines with a slice of swiss cheese or some feta or nuchetel
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and celery is my go to, along with cheese sticks, and I LOVE turkey pepperoni with cream cheese and hot sauce. OMNOMNOM
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    Siritaki Noodles. 0 calories w/ some hot sauce. But thats just me. I'm trying to get all kinds of cuts.
  • nomicat77
    Options
    Siritaki Noodles. 0 calories w/ some hot sauce. But thats just me. I'm trying to get all kinds of cuts.

gross
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Edamame
  • fatgirljessica
    Options
    Not exactly healthy but Orville Redenbacher has 100 pack of Kettle "Korn."
    Sooo good. Sweet and salty. YUM.
    I'm addicted! :p
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Bear Naked Granola and I really like dried apricots. they are chewy and it feels more substantial because i'm working harder at eating it. oh and i love popcorn!!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options

I meant BPA..Bisphenol A which has been linked to Breast Cancer, Endocrine disruption, Obesity, Pristate issues, brain tumors, thyroid problems and a multitude of other problems,

bottom line avoid canned foods and try to avoid touching anything carbon copied like reciepts, tickets, movie stubs.etc.

Not trying to be a walking advertisement, but I buy Eden Foods chickpeas/garbanzo beans and their other beans also. They use BPA free cans and the beans have no salt added. Just a thought. =)
  • shulce
    shulce Posts: 5
    Options
    Frozen mangoe chunks!!:happy:

Absolutely love frozen mango chunks! I went through that kick about a month ago! :)
  • meeper123
    Options

I ,make a pound at a time but really they are always coming up with something people have used canned goods since the early 1800s i think we are good
  • NotBuyingIt
    Options
    I really love fresh pears or madjool dates! I also love Pistachio nuts, I can eat those until I'm sick! Cans manufactured nowadays are not the same as 20 years ago, today they are often coated on the inside with a soft plastic application containing BPA which leaches into food- very toxic and bad for your health on many levels. Look it up...