Leslie Sansome walking workouts

2»

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    I have the 3 mile one and the 5 mile one ..... I finally did the 3 mile one today with no breaks ... I am only up to 2 miles on the 5 mile one
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    bump
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    I do them! I have a couple 5 mile ones. I usually do all 5 miles, sometimes 4. I just got into them in January when I got my fitbit and wanted an easy way to get in my steps at home. I love her energy, but she does get repetitive. I just got a HRM last week but I burn around 80-90 calories each "mile". We live on the 2nd floor so I have to be mindful of how heavy I walk ;-)
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    I do her youtube videos muted on one screen while watching youtube videos on another screen. I do it most nights after the children are in bed. The more videos I want to watch the more I have to walk. It works for me. :)
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    I do her youtube videos muted on one screen while watching youtube videos on another screen. I do it most nights after the children are in bed. The more videos I want to watch the more I have to walk. It works for me. :)

That's a good idea!

Often I do Jillian Michaels earlier in the evening and then do Leslie later on to get my step goal and so I don't really put a ton of effort into it, just light walking, and I pass the time holding my iPod touch and pinning stuff on my Pinterest app or liking my friend's Instagram pics ;-)
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    I also often do a more intense workout prior to this, but I have found intense workouts help build muscle not drop pounds for me. So walking is for the weight loss and the other is for muscles!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Is anyone else doing the 5 mile walk DVDs from Leslie Sansome? I just started doing them this week and am up to 2 miles - so that's 5 mph for 24 minutes. It is a workout! Tough to tell how many calories I'm burning though because it's a very brisk walk with a boosted 2 minute jog at the end.

Love to hear about anyone's experience (success) with this workout!

There is a Leslie Sansone group on MFP - you should join!

I am a long time Leslie fan and Five Fat Burning Mile is one of my favorites. Good luck!
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    I don't have that one but I got the 3 mile workout I haven't done that in awhile, so how do u like her dvd so far right know im getting back into jillian workout extreme shed and shred and killer bun and thighs
  • ♥ her, ♥ her videos, ♥ using upper body while walking- I do it in public too- don't care how *silly* I might look,
    it's burning calories and building muscle...what do I care what someone else thinks???

.but I'm old school...
    I have some of her first ones on VHS and I like them the best.

It's my MAIN form of exercise, and has been for the last 2 years.........

Looking forward to making past 3 miles- that's as far as I can go right now.

BTW- to the OP-
    According to her website, she suggested using the same calorie burn as low impact aerobics
    or a 4 mile brisk walk- just enter the am't of minutes (it will calculate based on your current weight- if that's recorded accurately)
  • kingkm02
    kingkm02 Posts: 23
    Ive done several of her tapes. I love the 5 really big mile dvd. I have gotten to 4 mile one but usually only do the two or three miles. I love the new music and the clock. Just an fyi...mile 4 will kick your butt or at least it did me but its worth it. Hope u continue with it...happy walking
  • OMG you are sooooo right! Found Leslie In January by accident and am now addicted! Lost 20 pounds by slowly increasing to the 2 mile walk a day (with lofty sites set on the 5 mile walk) BUT also making sure I wear my Fitbit and make sure it says 13,000 steps at the end of the day. Leslie's tapes are fantastic! Wish she would team up with My Fitness Pal or even Fitbit. Been waiting 57 years for this!
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    I love that there are so many videos available, I just rotate mine so that I don't get bored.
    I love that these videos are easy on the knees, but I still feel like I have worked out. I also use the low impact aerobics and calculate the calories by the number of minutes that I worked out.
    I love that they are so easy to follow, the steps are super easy and if I get screwed up, just go back to walking!