IS YOUR JOB PHYSICAL!

Options
2»

Replies

• MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I climb cell phone towers for a living. It's 300-500' straight up with 50 plus lbs of gear. I drive a lot too from site to site. I recently bought TRX equipment, and workout when my co-worker is doing a climb. I think you should workout if you can because you will always get used to your work exercise.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    My job is physical.. I physically have to be there. Other than that, not a chance, I sit at a desk all day long. ugh.
  • hedkell
    hedkell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am a dog walker. I walk between 10-15k per day. I run about 30k per week plus do a Jillian Michaels workout 4 days per week.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    YES! I'm a massage therapist and average about 240 minutes a day. yes I still exercise...dvds, walking, stretching because it makes

my job so much easier!!! when I'm doing a massage I'm using my whole body pushing, pulling, at times very slow and controlled---

think tai chi. when I'm increasing my strength through exercise my endurance is so much better! a 90 minute deep tissue is no

problem! a while back I looked up a calorie burn for massage....I found the average was about 180 an hour for my weight but I'm

not so sure I believe plus I was just wondering the other day when I'm in "the zone" my heart rate is pretty low ( at least it feels that

way) yet I can still be slightly sweating and warm from the work, so not sure about the burn. anyway I don't worry about it too much

but I have been playing around with this site for years now and I think I've finally found what works for me!! good luck everyone :-)

Ang
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why it posted like that!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i work retail and i work anywhere from 4-8 hours on my feet walking. on days i work i can do up to 3.5 miles and there is some lifting, but not enough. i set my activity to lightly active and only eat back some of my exercise calories on days i can get exercise in.
  • catpea33
    catpea33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a physical job. I work 12 hours a day EVERY day (yes, including weekends) for a whole month at a time and then get a few days off. I work as a geologist so my job involves carrying around boxes of rocks; I'm stood up for literally the entire 12 hours except for an hour's lunch break. Some of the boxes weigh 115lb and the lightest weigh about 60lb. Despite this, I still work out in the evenings. I probably average 5 evenings a week of workouts, sometimes more and sometimes less depending on what my body is telling me. I make sure I get plenty of sleep too. Where there's a will, there's a way...

Cat
    Team Beachbody coach
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I billed my activity as 'sedentary' because I am a sales engineer. I can drive up to 150 miles to my first call, walk from the car to the office and back again. If I am lucky, I might get shown around the factory!! Then I walk back to the car again and drive to my next appointment. I guess I average 6 hours a day in the car, and drive 35,000 miles a year. Because my hours are erratic, I struggle to get any evening exercise. Twice a week I do aikido, but even that is becoming less energetic as I take on more teaching rather than training. Te light at the end of the tunnel has been getting a puppy, so at least I get to walk him at the weekend for a few hours!!
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm an auto tech, so I'm pretty active.
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Im the produce manager at our local co-op. im unloading trucks, lifting boxes, and moving around all day...and yet unless I workout on top of that at the end of the day, i dont seem to lose weight :/
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    too, working at a job is only a certain type of movement... standing, lifting, walking...the gym allows us to work different muscle groups...things we wouldnt normally use on the job to shape out bodies into the adonis's we are.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    you could -- it's up to you. perhaps exercise unrelated to work would provide stress relief and fun.

I'm very lucky that my job is physical and fun - I'm a dance instructor. Outside of my job I also do paddleboarding, road cycling, heavy lifting, and . . . I go out and dance socially too.
  • mackenzierain
    mackenzierain Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am a nurse and work 12 hours shifts and do A LOT of walking during those 12 hours. But I still try to work out a few times a week, I find the shift work bad for weightloss, so anything extra I can to, I will try.
  • RockstarJ
    RockstarJ Posts: 35
    Options
    I work in a manufacturing facility making medical supplies on a production line....so yep...I work 12 hour shifts in a rather physical job.
  • donnamariewilliams
    Options
    I am a photographer. During a shoot, it is physical especially weddings.
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm a vet tech, so I wrestle dogs all day, I still try to work out twice a week :smile:
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Most of us gained weight doing our current jobs
    I am a cleaner in a dealership chrom and glass grrr
    Do I log my work NO I got fat doing my work
    Do I exercise YES because if I dont I WILL sts or gain weight