Coffee creamer, help!

Options
Need some suggestions for what to put in my coffee. I only drink two cups a day, and currently use Coffeemate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream, 2 tbls. in each cup. Well, good grief, that's 140 calories!!!! I've experimented with other sweeteners/lightners but prefer not to use anything artificial. I wish I could just drink it black, but then coffee has no appeal to me whatsoever! Help!

Replies

• GymBeast2
    GymBeast2 Posts: 81
    Options
    I have found So Delicious Coconut creamer. It is only 20 cals per tablespoon.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Baileys Irish Creamer - 40 calories.
  • Good_Thyming
    Options
    I use nonfat milk. Even if you use a lot of it in your coffee, it's pretty low cal :-) I use half a cup (4 oz) in my 12 oz of coffee (I have a 16 oz cup) and that gets the job done.
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i avoid artificial sweetners too, but i was never able to find something that works. i drink two cups of coffee every day with sugar free french vanilla or vanilla caramel creamer from coffee-mate and it has 15 calories a tablespoon. i use 6 tablespoons for a total of 90 calories.

it has the artificial sweetners but after trying everything else, i didnt want to give up my coffee and this has been my happy medium. i figure if this is the only artificial stuff i have its a tiny bit compared to what i could be having
  • justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love Torani sugar free Vanilla or Hazelnut. I like it because it doesn't have that chemical taste that splenda or stevia have. And it's 0 calories!
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    coffee mate sugar free Hazelnut, has 30 calories for 2 TBSP. Unfortuantly they only have Hazelnut and Vanilla creamer in SF
  • Tammyrph
    Tammyrph Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have started using some of my unsweetend almond milk (vanilla). I pour myself an 8oz cup. put about 1/4 in my coffee cup (large sized to take with me to work = about 2 regular coffees) and drink the rest. For the entire 8oz its only 40 calories and seems to work just as well as the Cream mate creamer i used to use hope that helps a bit? (I dont drink regular milk or use dairy creams as I get a rash on my neck from fresh milk but not from any other dairy go figure. Good thing because i LOVE yogurt!)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I use International Delight Hershey's Chocolate and Caramel Creamer in my coffee and Sorry I can't help cause this is one thing I am not willing to give up so I log it and move on...
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    I use fat free half & half. Two tablespoons is 20 calories.

edit ~ sorry, I just realized that doesn't help you with the sweetener.
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I dont drink coffee but a friend of mine uses atkins shakes for her creamer....she loves it
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    A) Just train yourself to go black. I sometimes put splenda in it,

B) Try tea

C) Fit creamer into your daily goals :flowerforyou:
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I stick with regular half & half. 20 calories per Tbsp and 1-2 does the trick. Plus it's all natural.
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Use sugar free I use Coffee Mate French vanilla it's 15 cal per tbsp it's good . I only drink two cups a day & I do enjoy it with this in it.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options

I second this. coconut is supposed to be good for you anyway.
  • LdyPsych
    LdyPsych Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! When I met my husband 10 years ago he was using flavored/sweetened creamers and it is hard to let them go. I have been using the sugar free versions for over a year and that helps a lot (if you are careful about serving size!!!). Skim milk and a sugar free flavored sweetener (as someone said above, like Torani, would work too). :drinker:
  • stargazer008
    Options
    How about half and half cream? It's 20 cals per tablespoon. I use two tbsp of half and half in my coffee and it's very satisfying.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd just go ahead and use half&half and run an extra lap on the trail. Good coffee is an essential nutrient, right? :wink:
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I use 1/4 cup of the Hood Calorie Countdown fat free dairy product (18 calories) and a splash of DaVinci french fanilla flavored syrup (0 calories). Delicious!
  • XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I second this. coconut is supposed to be good for you anyway.

Third. Love this stuff. Not as nutty as almond milk (obviously) so it doesn't alter the taste of my coffee as much.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with adding way too many calories because of coffee. I use Land O Lakes Fat Free Half n Half which has only 20 calories per 2 Tablespoon serving. The problem is when I am out. I like Lattes with skim milk but it doesn't do it for my coffee.