What are the "good for you" foods that you detest?

Options

Replies

• chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    most of them! lol.
    No but seriously, i can not even force myself to eat most vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, radishes, beets, okra, any squash, tomatoes, etc. and no, it isn't just because i'm "spoiled". i've seriously tried... and failed. repeatedly.

oh how i long to one day eat salad like all the other lady grown ups!!!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I pretty much like everything. Not a fan of avocados ... beets must be pickled, but I'm still not in love with them ... and while I like fresh pears, I think canned pears are revolting. :sick:

I can under no circumstance choke lamb down, but I don't know if that's "good for you" food or not. ...
  • dporter1183
    dporter1183 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    salads,
    avacados
    tomatoes
    1% milk
    cucumbers
    artichokes
    cottage cheese
    blue cheese
    feta cheese (don't know if feta or blue cheese is healty, i just know i hate it! lol)
    organic peanut butter
    brown rice
    ..............theres more, I just can't think of them right now.....I hate being so picky. haha.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    My big problem . . . I don't really hate anything . . . if I have to choose something I don't particularly like I guess it would be canned tuna. Since I don't use mayo it ends up tasting like a sawdust sandwich with lettuce on the occassion I forget to cook an alternative and resort to that for lunch. I still put a tsp of plain yogurt in it to give it some "structure" but it doesn't help much.

I absolutely LOVE peppers and all veggies . . . when I was a kid I would ask for an apple, carrot, or pepper instead of a chocolate bar . . . YES . . . Im odd and I love it!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    liver comes to mind right off the bat
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    liver comes to mind right off the bat

OH YEAH, how could I forget liver? That's nasty!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I :heart: liver :laugh: :laugh:

Now carrots I hate... cooked, raw, etc. I used to hate broccoli and cauliflower, but discovered within the last few months that I will eat both of those if oven roasted with olive oil/garlic (but that's still the only way).

I like raw bell peppers, but my digestive system does NOT :noway: :noway: I can eat them cooked just fine, so not sure what the issue is there. :grumble:
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options

I absolutely LOVE peppers and all veggies . . . when I was a kid I would ask for an apple, carrot, or pepper instead of a chocolate bar . . . YES . . . Im odd and I love it!

I also am a fruit & veggie eater (mostly veggies). I have never been a fan of chocolate, and TOM has to be in town for me to even get a craving for sweets. However, when my damn SIL is baking brownies and cookies all the time :mad: (we are currently living with her), and I know I can't have them, I tend to start craving.
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Nothing less than 2% milk
    Cottage cheese
    Celery (ONLY w/ peanut butter)

This isn't a health food, but I absolutely :noway: cringe :noway: at the thought of whipped cream (tub or spray can). When I was little, the sight of it would make me gag.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, yucky. In fact any kind of plain yogurt. Life is to short.
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    I detest celery. It is nasty!
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    I HATE veggies... I can only eat a few bites of green beans (which is odd, I used to gag) and corn, also few carrots and celery and that is about it!

But I HATE water!!! I have to make myself drink at least 8 glasses a day. There is no flavor to it! I have tried that flavor water and some other things like squeezing lemons in it, but still just not my thing.

I also hate tea and coffee.... ick!
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    I have switch to wheat bread, it is the only bread I will eat.

White bread and even white whole grain bread is enriched; even some wheat bread is enriched, just have to read the label!
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    any type of FISH
    just the smell makes me gag! =(
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    I hate brocoli. I will eat it since I know it's so good for me but I usually hold my breath and chew.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm lucky or unlucky for being, essentially, a total omnivore. I'll eat pretty much anything.

But the canned beets served with hot lunches when I was in elementary school traumatized me for life and I wretch whenever I smell them (which, thankfully, is not often). I have since had a couple bites of cold, fresh beets on salads. They're okay and all, but I wouldn't eat a plate full of them.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. Ew. Ew ew ew. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Celery. Ewwwwwww! :laugh:
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Cabbage. And those little round green cabbage things; brussel sprouts?
  • sweet4keeps22
    sweet4keeps22 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I LOVE this thread! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

It's funny, I spend so much time thinking about all the foods I love that I tend to ignore the foods I hate:

canned tuna
    celery
    cottage cheese (why does this food even exist!?)
    plain yogurt (it's like cottage cheese that has been put in a blender)
    wheat bread (anything brown or with little bits of seeds in it)
    green bell peppers

How about some healthy foods that I love :love: which other people hate?

Artichokes
    Brussels Sprouts
    Broccoli
    Beets
    Cauliflower
    Mushrooms
    Every kind of imaginable fish or shellfish :heart: mussels, oysters, clams, crab, lobster, octopus, eel, escargot, shark (Can you tell I grew up near the coast?)