What do you sweeten your coffee with?!?!

Options
I have gotten my coffee addiction down to two glorious cups per day....I love love love it! I want to find a healthier way to sweeten it. I have been looking online and there is a lot of conflicting information out there. I am really trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners. I use 2% milk, just a few tbs.

So, fellow weight loss warriors...How do you sweeten YOUR coffee?

Replies

• rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I use nectresse. It is made from monk fruit.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I don't use sweeteners at all - tastes better without!

But if I had to, I would use fresh honey - not the stuff runny at room temperature, but REAL honey. My dad uses honey made by our neighbours in his tea :)
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yuch, sweetened coffee!

Strong and black, the first cup of the day, delivered to my bedside by my own gorgeous "coffee fairy", is the sweetest of the day.
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I also use 2% milk and I don't use any sweetener. In fact I find the taste spoiled if somebody else has offered me cup of coffee either with sugar or sugar substitute. But in my younger days ( when I was gloriously slim) I used to add honey to my coffee.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Stevia, if there is no stevia around then I just drink it black. :drinker:
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have gotten my coffee addiction down to two glorious cups per day....I love love love it! I want to find a healthier way to sweeten it. I have been looking online and there is a lot of conflicting information out there. I am really trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners. I use 2% milk, just a few tbs.

So, fellow weight loss warriors...How do you sweeten YOUR coffee?

^^^^I am wondering the same thing... I am new to coffee and I like it sweet... but have for now replaced real sugar with Equal... but I am not a coffee pro so IDK what I should be using to get the taste as close to what it was before as I can... Equal isn't doing it, but it's drinkable.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    unicorn tears
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    I use Truvia or Stevia.
  • sailorsgirl86
    Options
    I have gone down from 3 sugars to using artificial sweeteners. Lost about 7lbs and was really proud, but now I keep getting warned about the dangers of sweeteners. I drink a lot of tea & know I should cut down so please, somebody tell me why they're so bad & give me a good scare!
  • tommyo3000
    Options
    granulated sugar
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Just buy better coffee!!!

(I use a bit of skim milk to cool it in the morning so I can drink it faster.)

Do not use chocolate milk. It's too tasty. If I have chocolate milk in the house I accidentally drink two pots of coffee.
  • fester63
    fester63 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use agave nectar. A little goes a long way.
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    Turbinado sugar and half-and-half and cinnamon. I don't like much of anything that is sugar free or fat free. But I've learned to do with less sugar than two years ago -- 1.5 tsp to 8 oz, and we like our coffee strong and dark. I find that adding a sprinkle of cinnamon helps to cut the bitterness of the coffee without increasing the sweetness.
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free flavored creamer. Eventually, I will weine myself off but for now, I love it!
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm a black coffee drinker, but if I must sweeten ... Baileys :bigsmile:
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    I add chocolate protein powder to my coffee. I won't use artificial sweeteners and just adding sugar alone seems to make the coffee wasted calories. With the protein powder at least, it gives the whole drink purpose.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffe black, but I usually make my hubby's with equal. I use equal with my tea though and it taste just like sugar. :)
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Simply Stevia - love it.
  • sarashiveley
    sarashiveley Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i use honey. and since i dont really use dairy that much i put a little bit of almond coconut milk in my coffee as well. you can get the sweet version if you like. i also love dark chocolate almond milk by blue diamond. It makes the coffee taste like a mocha coffee!!!! Enjoy!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Truvia or Stevia. Tesco do a small handy pack of truvia 'tablets', that you can put in your drink. I like them because you can carry them around with you, as when I visit someone, not many of my friends have natural sweeteners in their house.