TOPIC: T.H.E Team Starting fresh wk7

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    i would like to join.... Starting Weight 155 Goal weight 130 Current Weight 145

Hey there, welcome. What are you going to do to achieve your goals? :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Good morning, everyone! I just wanted to post my weekly weight before heading off to work:

stillkristi: sw - 507. gw - 195. cw - 363.2 = lost 7.8 lbs

AWESOME!!! Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Who watched Loosing it with Jillian? Good show. Some of the stuff that she said really struck a nerve. Why do we set ourselves up for failure?? ( no one in particular) This question could be taken out side of the weight loss field and applied to other areas of our lives for sure. I look forward to next weeks show.

I'm not a big emotional eater. I'm more of a PMS eater lol. I know when it's coming because I feel it in my tummy and in my cravings for food. I've gone several days with out pop. I'm cutting back on my sugar but because TOM is coming I'm eating some chocolate cake.... I only do this when TOM is coming. Now, it would be kinda silly for me to do the diary for an emotional eater but since I'm a PMS eater I can still see how it works in the end.

It was good. This was a very good episode. I cried at one point, only because I'm a mom and that stuff hits me hard. But there's a line in the episode that I just fell in love with... "why are you setting yourself up for failure??" And then there was another talking about just letting go. Let it all go, release what ever is inside of you kinda thing and just let it go.
    I think your challenge is a good one. You will have to let us know how it goes for you. I think we all have our cravings during that time, at least for me it is only every 3 months instead of every month. LOL

I do want to watch that show. I will let you know what I think after I watch it. Keep up the great work and have a happy weekend. :bigsmile:
  • ninaabu
    ninaabu Posts: 17 Member
    i would like to join.... Starting Weight 155 Goal weight 130 Current Weight 145

WELCOME! :flowerforyou:
    Nina
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    HI, GANG - quick check in - crazy busy. Garden looks great, getting a lot of exercise in out there. Eating pretty good - still slipping up at night when I get home from work late sometimes. Gotta work on that! Any ideas about what to do when you were running all day and didn't get to eat healthy - or maybe even at all, so you are FAMISHED at night when you get home? Thanks, gang. :bigsmile:

If you work with your cell phone in your pocket, set your alarm for every three hours and eat something. Rule of thumb is to eat every three hours and not to eat at least 2 hours before bedtime. When you get home make sure to eat healthy foods and drink a big glass of water. Try more fiber rich foods to help keep you full for longer. Don't not eat during the day, you are just sabatoging yourself. I am not trying to be harsh, but you have to eat to lose weight. Just make sure the foods you choose are healthy foods. I know you can do it. :bigsmile:

Thanks, Jennifer - good reminder. Simple stuff like eating regularly is so important, and yet so easy to let slip by. I am attached to my cell phone like a leech, so thats a great idea. And, I need to be organized enough to take enough healthy food with me when I leave the house. Often, I will think, "I don't have time to pack a lunch right now, so, I will get away during the day and come home for lunch. HA! That never happens! So, I need to be more realistic!! Thanks again!!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    I feel like such a blob today.. I am so depressed. I just can't seem to get used to staying home. I've been looking for part time work but there is nothing.. I can't seem to stay motivated, log my food, nothing.. I am so disappointed in myself.. I'm in one of those moods that I hate everything.. I don't get like this often but today and even yesterday I have been..
  • Iffer75
    If you work with your cell phone in your pocket, set your alarm for every three hours and eat something. Rule of thumb is to eat every three hours and not to eat at least 2 hours before bedtime. When you get home make sure to eat healthy foods and drink a big glass of water. Try more fiber rich foods to help keep you full for longer. Don't not eat during the day, you are just sabatoging yourself. I am not trying to be harsh, but you have to eat to lose weight. Just make sure the foods you choose are healthy foods. I know you can do it. :bigsmile:

Thanks, Jennifer - good reminder. Simple stuff like eating regularly is so important, and yet so easy to let slip by. I am attached to my cell phone like a leech, so thats a great idea. And, I need to be organized enough to take enough healthy food with me when I leave the house. Often, I will think, "I don't have time to pack a lunch right now, so, I will get away during the day and come home for lunch. HA! That never happens! So, I need to be more realistic!! Thanks again!!

Yes, planning is the key. I take every Sunday to prepare my meals for the week. It makes it so much easier. Keep up the gret work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    I feel like such a blob today.. I am so depressed. I just can't seem to get used to staying home. I've been looking for part time work but there is nothing.. I can't seem to stay motivated, log my food, nothing.. I am so disappointed in myself.. I'm in one of those moods that I hate everything.. I don't get like this often but today and even yesterday I have been..

When you feel that way, go take a walk. I promise you will feel better.

For me, I almost did not workout tonite myself, because I had a huge terrible headache and my lower back has been sore for the last couple of days and I just did not feel well at all. Guess what??? I actually went out and walked and after about 2 miles I noticed that I was feeling almost 100% better. I even ran my last mile without any pain. I felt wonderful and was very glad that I decided to get out and move. It made all the difference. You can do this. We are all here for you. :bigsmile:
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127

I know exactly how you feel. I get like that two, especially when I don't have a schedule or anything to plan my day around. Sometimes I find it helpful to write down a little to do list at night before I go to bed. Nothing crazy, just three or maybe four things. That way when i start to feel like a blob, I can look at my list and do one of the small things I feel like I need to get done in order to feel better. Like cleaning my room, doing a load of laundry, organizing a drawer, writing a thank you card. Just little things that make me feel like I've accomplished something. Also writing out a meal plan for the day might make it easier to log remember or feel like logging your food. Job hunting is also very stressful and disappointing. Sometimes you just need to let yourself feel bad. Then put it behind you and start again.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Today is a new day: )
    Thanks for the support everyone.. I got off my butt yesterday and did a good workout.. Today I am going to workout as well as it is a gym day.. I ate good yesterday.. This morning I am starving... So it's breakfast time ...
  • Iffer75
    Thanks for the support everyone.. I got off my butt yesterday and did a good workout.. Today I am going to workout as well as it is a gym day.. I ate good yesterday.. This morning I am starving... So it's breakfast time ...

I am glad you are doing better today. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127

GOOD FOR YOU! You are amazing, I'm glad things are going better right now.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Checking in.... FINALLY!

All done being sick and all done partying! Now its time to crack the whip and get back to doing what I need to for ME!

The super cool thing is I found out hubby will be gone almost the whole month of July on business. As bad as this is gonna sound, I am pretty psyched! He's been home for 2 months straight and its been hard for me to steer clear of things that I shouldnt eat while he is! On top of that, my kids will be with their dad for 1/2 the time he is gone, so I already have 2 roadtrips planned for FULL weekend hikes and camping trips (that otta be great for burning some calories!!) The first of which will be along the Washington Coast and the 2nd which will be in the Olympic National Forest. I've been to both before, but never camped or hiked as far as I wanted and I have a buddy to go with me, so I am SO PSYCHED!!! Ive been wanting to do it for years!!

Anyway, hubs party was a smashing success and a blast! I had so many leftovers (still eating on veggie trays!) so we've been polishing them off slowly. Not hard with 3 teenagers in the house.. :laugh: The weather held out for the day... 72 degrees and beautiful and sunny. I was shocked! It rained Friday and I was all prepared to have it inside.... then Saturday, I woke up and it was GOREGEOUS outside! Sunny and warm. The funny part was, it literally started raining right after the guests left and the firepit fire fizzled out and it didnt stop for 2 days.. LOL

Went for a 3 mile walk yesterday and it was very humid. Today it POURED but I managed to get in another 3 mile walk today. The rain actually felt really good because it was warm outside. Plus I played Wii fit for an hour... (wow are my calf muscles tight!)
  • Iffer75
    Day 17-30 mins cross training. I actually did a little over an hour. I first started off with Insanity Cardio Abs, I had not done that one in a while and really liked it. I love feeling my abs working. Then I did the TurboFire Sneak Peak, approximately 17mins. I burned 252 calories in only 17 mins, if that tells you how tough the workout is. I was sweating like crazy in the first 2 mins of the workout. Loved it. My ankle/calf was hurting during this one though, so I did have to be a little careful. I then decided that after dinner I would do some yoga to maybe stretch out my ankle/calf. Downward dog felt really good. This yoga I found was On Demand and it was really nice and relaxing. I am really glad that I did it. I slept really good last nite. No cramps in my leg. :bigsmile:

I did actually go to the doctor this morning. He just stated that since I have started my HM training I have upped my mileage significantly and I need to back off a little. He has practiced in Sports Medicine so he had seen this before. I asked him about my run tonite and Saturday. He said you can do it, but take Ibuprofen afterward and ice it. So, I am glad he did not tell me not to run, just to back off on how many miles a week. Whew, nothing serious. :drinker:
  • Iffer75
    Losingit4good-Glad to hear that you are feeling better and the party went well for you. It sounds like you have some great adventures in the near future, I am excited for you. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Just wondering....are we still checking in on Fridays??

I noticed nobody has yet, so here goes...

Losingit4good~ SW 224/ GW 200/ Still sitting at 219.8 lbs from my last weigh in on 05/28/10 (no change)
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi gang -

Missed yesterday's check in. I am on vacation with limited access to the internet and NO SCALE!!!! So, I just wanted to take a moment and say hi. I will be back to normal life and normal posting next Wednesday. til then, take care!!!
  • pawprint061
    Losingit4good~ SW 224/ GW 200/ Still sitting at 219.8 lbs from my last weigh in on 05/28/10 (no change)
    Pawprint-sw168/gw115/cw132 loss of two pounds.

Been super busy, and staying off the computer for awhile....
  • pawprint061
    Water has really been helping me loose. Hope everyone is getting enough in
  • pawprint061
    Where is everyone at???