INSANITY WORKOUT starting feb. 17 , 2013!!

Options

Replies

• squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've totally been bad. I'm only day 10 of Insanity (not counting the off day). However, I have been trying to also get the most out of my money that was spent on the gym membership - going to my favorite Zumba, Sculpt, Step, Kickbox, and Kangoo classes. So squeezing in Insanity whenever I can. I had to a few days off, though, because first the arches of one foot, then the other foot, then one shin, then the other shin started hurting. Probably was over-stressing it. However, I have really seen a difference in my abs - I think it's due to insanity as the abs are always so much more pronounced after inanity.

So I do plan on doing a session tonight (after Kickbox class) - it's going to Cardio Power & Resistance. Bit scared ... but it WILL HAPPEN!
  • buellbabe76
    Options
    I would like your guys' opinions on something. I have never been much of a "snacker" throughout the day. So trying to follow the nutrition guide, I find it hard to eat the 5 meals a day. (Even with having smaller lunch and dinners that I am used to.) I never used to eat breakfast (BAD, i know!) so with eating breakfast now, im usually not hungry until lunch. Same with between lunch and dinner. I can't decide if I should force myself to eat even when I'm not the slightest bit hungry just to meet my calorie goal for the day. I know that I need more calories than I am eating to keep up with Insanity, but I don't like having to make myself eat just because "I'm supposed to." Any opinions? Thanks! :]
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've totally been bad. I'm only day 10 of Insanity (not counting the off day). However, I have been trying to also get the most out of my money that was spent on the gym membership - going to my favorite Zumba, Sculpt, Step, Kickbox, and Kangoo classes. So squeezing in Insanity whenever I can. I had to a few days off, though, because first the arches of one foot, then the other foot, then one shin, then the other shin started hurting. Probably was over-stressing it. However, I have really seen a difference in my abs - I think it's due to insanity as the abs are always so much more pronounced after inanity.

So I do plan on doing a session tonight (after Kickbox class) - it's going to Cardio Power & Resistance. Bit scared ... but it WILL HAPPEN!

Damn you fit a lot into a day! Good shoes are important for all that jumping around with insanity, but with all the other programs you are doing I'd say the soreness is more likely from overexertion. I did cardio power today, great workout!
  • lqmustang
    Options
    I would like your guys' opinions on something. I have never been much of a "snacker" throughout the day. So trying to follow the nutrition guide, I find it hard to eat the 5 meals a day. (Even with having smaller lunch and dinners that I am used to.) I never used to eat breakfast (BAD, i know!) so with eating breakfast now, im usually not hungry until lunch. Same with between lunch and dinner. I can't decide if I should force myself to eat even when I'm not the slightest bit hungry just to meet my calorie goal for the day. I know that I need more calories than I am eating to keep up with Insanity, but I don't like having to make myself eat just because "I'm supposed to." Any opinions? Thanks! :]

I think it is important to get enough nutrition when doing a program such as insanity, but you also gotta listen to your body as well. How much are you eating now? I wouldn't recommend forcing yourself to eat, but I think as you progress deeper into the insanity program you'll find that you need to fuel your body more to get thru the intense workouts. Personally I am often way under my calorie goal on heavy insanity days as I burn 500-800 cals a day. That's quite a bit of food to eat back and unless I splurge on something like wings or pizza(almost never) I don't come close to eating all that back. At to breakfast I usually don't eat much of anything till late morning. I do my insanity workout early and other than water don't want anything in my stomach before I get started!
  • lqmustang
    Options
    Ahh, a beloved rest day today. I think today is the first day I've completely taken off from some sort of workout in over a month. Yesterday I did insane abs and plyo circuit.
    Rest days are so nice hope you enjoyed it :)!

Yes it was thank you! Made up for it today with a double workout doing both cardio power and upper body weight training.
  • Rwhite606
    Options
    I always check out this website before starting a new fitness program - www.topfitnesssites.com - My personal favourite is p90x because it's hard enough that you know your getting results but not so hard that you give up after a few days
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!! I did the second fit test and blew that baby out of the freakin water! WOO HOO! and I lost an inch in my belly..like overnight (after my rest and day I ate a friggen cupcake.. go figure)

eta my day1 fit test compared to todays!
    Day one Day 2
    Switch kicks 64 /// 80
    Power jacks 35 /// 48
    Power knees 70 /// 82..I think If I remember right!
    Power jumps 25 /// 34
    Globe jumps 6/// 9
    Suicide jumps 10 / // 14
    Push up jacks 3+15 normal pushups/// 14 PUSHUPJACKS!! and 10 normal pushups
    Low plank 40/// 45
  • brownie0424
    brownie0424 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!! I did the second fit test and blew that baby out of the freakin water! WOO HOO! and I lost an inch in my belly..like overnight (after my rest and day I ate a friggen cupcake.. go figure)

Day one Day 2
    Switch kicks 64 /// 80
    Power jacks 35 /// 48
    Power jumps 25 /// 34
    Globe jumps 6/// 9
    Suicide jumps 10 / // 14
    Low plank 40/// 45

Great Improvement!
  • anitbit
    anitbit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi- what is the insanity workout and where do I find it?

I started befit in 90 on youtube a week ago but I feel I need more cardio so I am looking for something else to try.

Thanks.
  • MercedesUmp
    MercedesUmp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My insanity is coming tomorrow so im starting on thursday, i plan on doing AM sessions so my matabolism will burn all day. You can always look to me for support, im going 120 days at least. its the push i need to break my platue.
  • lqmustang
    Options

Day one Day 2
    Switch kicks 64 /// 80
    Power jacks 35 /// 48
    Power jumps 25 /// 34
    Globe jumps 6/// 9
    Suicide jumps 10 / // 14
    Low plank 40/// 45

Great improvement, and all that in only 2 weeks. Way to crush it!
  • lqmustang
    Options
    My insanity is coming tomorrow so im starting on thursday, i plan on doing AM sessions so my matabolism will burn all day. You can always look to me for support, im going 120 days at least. its the push i need to break my platue.

I do my workouts in the morning also. Just make sure to wait until after your workout to eat breakfast, you don't want to lose it. :P
  • lqmustang
    Options
    Hi- what is the insanity workout and where do I find it?

I started befit in 90 on youtube a week ago but I feel I need more cardio so I am looking for something else to try.

Thanks.

Insanity is a beachbody program on DVD. You can find it on their website www.beachbody.com as well as other places.
  • Justjamie0418
    Options
    Hey!!!! My ankles are killing me today... I have cross trainers but doing it on the carpet...it hurts even more in the shoes. I got a brace for my right ankle and tape for my left. I did plyo circuit today and could only get through half...on the level one drills my ankle gave out. I stopped, reluctantly, and drank a core power for extra protein, took an aleve and iced it....what more should I do?
  • buellbabe76
    Options
    I think it is important to get enough nutrition when doing a program such as insanity, but you also gotta listen to your body as well. How much are you eating now? I wouldn't recommend forcing yourself to eat, but I think as you progress deeper into the insanity program you'll find that you need to fuel your body more to get thru the intense workouts. Personally I am often way under my calorie goal on heavy insanity days as I burn 500-800 cals a day. That's quite a bit of food to eat back and unless I splurge on something like wings or pizza(almost never) I don't come close to eating all that back. At to breakfast I usually don't eat much of anything till late morning. I do my insanity workout early and other than water don't want anything in my stomach before I get started!

Thanks for your input! I am eating around 1500 calories/day, which is what I calculated from the nutrition guide. I just got my HRM the other day and have only used it on two workouts so far, and it says I am burning around 350 cal. (Although it has been malfunctioning and not reading my heartrate for parts of my workout, so I may burn a little more than that). I have been feeling fine energy wise so far, but I am only on week 3. My only concern is I have read where people say once they started eating MORE to reach their calorie goal, thats when they started to lose weight. I wish I could do my workouts early, but I have only been able to do them after I get home from work around 7pm. Thanks again for your input! :]
  • lqmustang
    Options
    Hey!!!! My ankles are killing me today... I have cross trainers but doing it on the carpet...it hurts even more in the shoes. I got a brace for my right ankle and tape for my left. I did plyo circuit today and could only get through half...on the level one drills my ankle gave out. I stopped, reluctantly, and drank a core power for extra protein, took an aleve and iced it....what more should I do?

Hey Jamie hate to hear that. Have your ankles been hurting for a while, or was it a sudden flare up during your workout yesterday? While what I've read says crosstrainers are best for insanity, maybe in your case they are not up to snuff so to speak. Personally I use running shoes and I am also on carpet. I was apprehensive about the running shoes at first because of reading about others having issues but in my case I've been ok. If you have another pair of good shoes try them on your next workout. Don't overstress your ankles. I know we all hate taking breaks in our workouts but you don't want to injure yourself and end up having to take an unwanted extended recovery.
  • lqmustang
    Options

Thanks for your input! I am eating around 1500 calories/day, which is what I calculated from the nutrition guide. I just got my HRM the other day and have only used it on two workouts so far, and it says I am burning around 350 cal. (Although it has been malfunctioning and not reading my heartrate for parts of my workout, so I may burn a little more than that). I have been feeling fine energy wise so far, but I am only on week 3. My only concern is I have read where people say once they started eating MORE to reach their calorie goal, thats when they started to lose weight. I wish I could do my workouts early, but I have only been able to do them after I get home from work around 7pm. Thanks again for your input! :]

1500 calories sound to me like a good starting point. I was eating 1500-1600/day when I started the program also. A 350 calorie burn is in the right ballpark for the month 1 workouts. Today I burned about 400 on plyo circuit. If you are seeing results in your measurements then I'd say you are doing ok. If you are not seeing any results by week 4-5 then a calorie adjustment may help.
  • Justjamie0418
    Options
    They've been hurting for a couple days now. I just ignored it..but last night it was just too bad. It hurts inside on the ankles rightbetween the joint and the heel. Last night it was pretty swollen and tight. Im icing it throughout today and taking the aleve, as well as upping my protein, though i dont think its muscle soreness at all..totally different. I hope i can get through the workout tonight, if i cant I may use the elliptical or bike. I just reallllly dont want to take a day off.
  • brownie0424
    brownie0424 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So week 2 is in the books for me! I don't take the correct day off. My hubby works 6 days overnights so his one day off we take that as a rest day. I am going to measure myself out tomorrow and see where I am. Also, I will post my new fit test tomorrow I can't wait!

So, I have been using this website to measure my calorie burn because I don't have a HRM. Has anyone that does compared it?

Thanks everyone!

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/exercise-activity/calories-burned-conditioning-exercises
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    They've been hurting for a couple days now. I just ignored it..but last night it was just too bad. It hurts inside on the ankles rightbetween the joint and the heel. Last night it was pretty swollen and tight. Im icing it throughout today and taking the aleve, as well as upping my protein, though i dont think its muscle soreness at all..totally different. I hope i can get through the workout tonight, if i cant I may use the elliptical or bike. I just reallllly dont want to take a day off.

MY ankles and tops of feet were sore first few days. I found andding ankle rotations to stretch ankles really help. I aded to both stretches ( just pause the dvd after the warm up and stretch for a minute) and do some both directions on each side. Really made a difference. I'd definitely wait till swelling is down, but try stretching them .