Fitness question, the most impotent part (men only)

Options
billsica
billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
Guys only please! I would be mortified if any ladies read past this part. We all know the most IMPORTANT reason to lift it to get a kick'n Profile picture.
How do you handle the hair aspect? I'm half Italian, so I have a rug under my shirt. Its not a happy trail, its a happy highway,
Even a arm shot would be wooly, I had some lazered off my back, but it still grows back somewhat.

Whats the best way to deal with manscaping and fitness photos. Thanks in advance, God bless. :flowerforyou:

Spell check, spell check, how do I change forum title!!

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I personally found that a weed whacker is very effective on the chest and shoulders. And not those wimpy electric models! I'm talking the gas powered, manly version.
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I am not Italian but i have quite a bit of hair on my chest and my wife likes it so I leave it alone.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I think hairy men are sexy! No need to change. And you know all the women will be drawn by that title;).
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I would think most impotent men are not going to want to have a discussion about it on MFP.
    Jus sayin
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I'm hairy all over and couldn't give an f what people think.

My pics are for my own pleasure and for my MFP friends who would like me even if I had hairy eyelids.
  • Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wax the arms, then trim or leave the chest alone.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Impotent haha!

But honestly, not much you can do apart from wax or shave or off, but that costs money and/or takes a lot of time. A real woman who cares about you won't care that you have hair on your chest or back or as* or wherever.
  • Hellie24
    Hellie24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your mis-spell made me smile on a sunday afternoon...lol
    but as to the hair dont worry you are what you are....... some like it some dont ........but if your a nice guy it wont mater either way
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I had to look after reading the name of the thread :laugh: but you know what, to each their own...some women dig a hairy manly man, and some women, don't. If your happy with what you've got going on under your shirt, why change it for someone because really, they have to like you for who you are, not how unhairy you are right? And besides, you've seen the 40 year old virigin right? No one wants a shirt with blood patches all over it :noway: Love who you are and someone will too.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I attend Yoga classes twice a week and most times I'm stripped down to singlet and brief shorts so my hairy chest, back and arms are pretty obvious.

I am accepted and welcomed for my progress and my ability to support others when we do partnered up work and the visuals don't really come into it. I am loved and I feel loved either way.

Life is too short to bother with shaving your body or attending laser sessions.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    If you de-fur, do it like a man! It's a good sign if you're told you have something to apologize for.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Leave it as is or wax shave it all off. Not much of an in between option you'd be there forever trying to trim it with scissors.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    What is better wax or shave?
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ~sighs~

This fad for men shaving and waxing still manages to piss me off. There's a fitness commercial where the guys before shots have hair and every single one of the afters are shaved or waxed. There is nothing wrong with natural.

BUT, that said. If you're going to get rid of the hair. Get rid of ALL of it.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    I guess wax would be better but that is going to hurt! I'd say leave it cause that's what I do.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    A rusty dull razor.

I don't generally shave my body hair, but it's easier to see cuts and vascularity. I'm not a terribly hairy guy to begin with. Minor shag on my waist and chest.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Just leave it alone - nobody wants to look like a "Ken" doll.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    of course i had to look since the spelling in the topic made me chuckle.

That being said, what the heck is with guys not wanting to be hairy?

Count me as one of the women who don't mind one way or the other, hairy or not, both are appealing.

It's kinda like circumcision LOL ... circumsized or not, hairy or not... have sampled both... all are fine to me :)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    of course i had to look since the spelling in the topic made me chuckle.

That being said, what the heck is with guys not wanting to be hairy?

Count me as one of the women who don't mind one way or the other, hairy or not, both are appealing.

It's kinda like circumcision LOL ... circumsized or not, hairy or not... have sampled both... all are fine to me :)

Oh thanks lady!

The poor guy is mortified now.

OP if you think you look better with out hair do what suits you.

I'm not personally a very hairy guy so I just hit up the face (and the occasional trimming of the b*lls) but I can understand not wanting to walk around with a hairy back and what not.

Personally I'd dish out and go laser.