Calling all women who lift heavy ......

Options

Replies

• Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Started off with Jamie E LiveFit, amazing results!
    did it again.. even better

Kinda went off on my own thing now,, But i follow a shoulder workout plan.. I do still follow her diet plan. Im to lazy to post pics :( lol..
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Keep the stories and pictures coming...great success everyone ! Just did my first Stronglifts workout yesterday and was just curious what other women heavy lifters were doing
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I started Chalean Extreme at the beginning of July 2012 & did the full 90 days. I wouldn't exactly call it lifting heavy, but it was the 1st time I had really incorporated weights into my workouts.
    When I finished CE at the end of Sept, I got a bench & bar & started lifting heavy. Until last week I did routines designed by my friend. I did only compounds movements in them. I started out doing them all on the same day 3 days a week. Then he broke them up for me. I couldn't do them all on the same day now lol
    This past Monday I started Stronglifts.
    I have thread somewhere with these results, but idk the link, so I'll just put the pics here lol
    The 1st picture were taken after 30 days with Chalean Extreme. I weighed 129lbs. I was roughly 29.6% body fat per calipers, could have been more tho. The after I'm 119lbs, 25% roughly
    217791f1-0f88-49d2-babe-b643dff4769a_zpsc894b0bd.jpg
    6c276928-ab7f-41fc-8628-7a2034e92314_zps90d39f5f.jpg
    BFside_zps37c6ce1a.png
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    On Dec. 19th I started doing Strong Lifts 5x5 three times a week (M-W-F). You alternate between two workouts doing 5 sets of 5 reps each exercise.

My lifting progress:
    (170lbs) Deadlift (Started at 115)
    (130lbs) Barbell Squat (SW at 55)
    (90lbs) Barbell Row (SW at 65)
    (75lbs) Barbell Overhead (SW at 55)
    (70lbs) Bench Press (SW at 55)

In general, I maintain on anywhere between 1400-2000 calories. Before lifting, I was eating 1500-1700 trying to lose fat. When I started lifting I began eating 2200 calories a day because I am trying to "bulk" (Gain lots of muscle) and once I've gained enough, I plan to cut back to 1700 calories to melt any fat off I gained during the bulking process. Right now I'm a little chubby, so no results pics yet!

As for macros, I'm not entirely confident in my plan but I do try to make sure I get 110g of protein a day (More on a workout day) since my lean body mass was measured to be 113lbs. I've been told you should eat near to your LBM.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I had been doing 2 days of Body Pump (Les Mills) with various cardio to fill out the week from mid to late 2012, but switched to my own 6day/week lifting plan in January. I just started Strong Lifts on Feb 19th so I don't have any major changes yet. I am at my goal weight/BF%, but will be okay with the BF% dropping a little with the Strong Lifts. I'm eating as close to TDEE as I can so between 1900-2200 cal depending on activity level. I have been bouncing between 125 and 127 since January, but I've lost a good bit of BF since switching over to heavy lifting. My macros are 45c/30p/25f. I often get well over 150g protein to keep that balance at 2000 cal a day. I don't follow any specific eating plan, but I do try to eat as many whole foods that I can. My goals now are to increase my strength and eat to fuel the workouts and possibly add some LBM.

From left to right:

September 6, 2012 ~143 lbs BF% >30%; December 22, 2012 ~129 lbs BF% 25-27%; February 18, 2013 ~126 lbs BF% 20-22%
    9c89b879-264d-477e-a9af-487ef63e05fc_zps6b3de9aa.jpg

I love lifting and it shows that 3 lbs may not seem to be much on the scale, but when talking about BF loss and LBM gain, 3 lbs can have a big impact on how someone looks.

ETA: The guns :wink:

af72d037-7c42-4698-8684-3557ae11cda2_zpsec741e45.jpg
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Just curious....

What program do you follow?

What is your usual preferred meals/macos/eating plan?

Any progress pictures to share?

I do Strong Lifts 5x5 and love it.

As far as my meal plan, I just try to hit my macros. I have them set at 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat. I aim to make generally good & healthy choices (veggies, fruits, lean protein, healthy fats, whole grain, etc) but I also eat plenty of Lucky Charms and Cadbury eggs. I'm taking a 20% cut from my TDEE - which puts me at 1970 cals to lose 1lb per week. I think I'm 15-20lbs away from my goal (not entirely sure since my body is changing faster than the weight is dropping....I'm going for a look, not a number) but I keep it set at 1lb per week loss, since I tend to go over some days (lower goal compensates for the higher days).

I don't have progress pictures - but I will tell you that I'm 5'6" and I weigh 182lbs. I like to think that my profile picture speaks pretty well for me......I'm not jiggly and I don't think that I look like I weigh as much as I do.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I had been doing 2 days of Body Pump (Les Mills) with various cardio to fill out the week from mid to late 2012, but switched to my own 6day/week lifting plan in January. I just started Strong Lifts on Feb 19th so I don't have any major changes yet. I am at my goal weight/BF%, but will be okay with the BF% dropping a little with the Strong Lifts. I'm eating as close to TDEE as I can so between 1900-2200 cal depending on activity level. I have been bouncing between 125 and 127 since January, but I've lost a good bit of BF since switching over to heavy lifting. My macros are 45c/30p/25f. I often get well over 150g protein to keep that balance at 2000 cal a day. I don't follow any specific eating plan, but I do try to eat as many whole foods that I can. My goals now are to increase my strength and eat to fuel the workouts and possibly add some LBM.

From left to right:

September 6, 2012 ~143 lbs BF% >30%; December 22, 2012 ~129 lbs BF% 25-27%; February 18, 2013 ~126 lbs BF% 20-22%
    9c89b879-264d-477e-a9af-487ef63e05fc_zps6b3de9aa.jpg

I love lifting and it shows that 3 lbs may not seem to be much on the scale, but when talking about BF loss and LBM gain, 3 lbs can have a big impact on how someone looks.

ETA: The guns :wink:

af72d037-7c42-4698-8684-3557ae11cda2_zpsec741e45.jpg

Wow. Well done.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I ate at a surplus and did a hypertrophy program between these two pictures:

20127619_7924.jpg20127619_7863.jpg

I've also done Strong Lifts 5x5 while eating around maintenance. Not much visual difference there just strength increase.

Right now I'm using dumbbells at home and not counting at all.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I've been doing NROL4W, but I'll be switching to stronglifts 5x5 as soon as I have all the equipment in place. (I lift at home)

Macros are 125g of protein, 75g fat, and the rest is mostly beer :laugh:
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am doing strong lifts 5x5.. eating at around an average of 2000 cals a day and just making sure I take in enough protein! Losing weight all at the same time.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I do my own thing when it comes to lifting. I do the major compound moves and then some isolation work. I think programs are great and I might do one eventually, it's just not the right thing for me right now.

I take a steady calorie approach and usually end up somewhere in the 1800-1900 range for the day. My macros are set to 40% carb, 30% protein and 30% fat. I rarely get right on but I like to have it that way as a guideline.

As for photos, I don't really have good befores but there are a few in my profile pictures.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I do my own thing when it comes to lifting. I do the major compound moves and then some isolation work. I think programs are great and I might do one eventually, it's just not the right thing for me right now.

I take a steady calorie approach and usually end up somewhere in the 1800-1900 range for the day. My macros are set to 40% carb, 30% protein and 30% fat. I rarely get right on but I like to have it that way as a guideline.

As for photos, I don't really have good befores but there are a few in my profile pictures.

Pretty much this; that's why I love her. ^^^^ :)

I've always done my own plans bc I've lifted long enough to know how my body responds. Eat at maintenance 2000 somedays, sometimes higher and macros are 45c/25p/30f. My macros change depending on if I'm prepping for races etc. Photos are on my profile.
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    This is my story in pictures:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Liftnlove/view/my-2012-in-pictures-498477

This is what I did:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Liftnlove/view/my-workouts-past-and-present-498479

The way I ate was 2000 calories a day, 150 gm of protein a day...fat and carbs vary.

These are a few of my before/during shots (there's never an "after" right?)

mfp35-1-1.jpg

MFPabsJantoOct.jpg

mfp41_zps17504c89.jpg
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I do my own routine, but if i have a question on form or switching it up I look at Arnolds Encyclopedia for Modern BodyBuilding
    My profile is full of photos
    I lift everyday, for at least an hour, one body part per day, to failure.
    I try to eat at least 160-190g protein a day, based on how much I lift
    I also don't believe in low carb, as long as they are decent carbs, bc I need the energy boost.
    I try to stay low sugar and low fat, but am in full time school, so occasionally I cant get away from processed packaged sugars.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I lift moderately heavy 2-4 times weekly
    Macros are Carbs 40% , Protein 30%, Fats #30%

I plan on starting Strong Lifts soon (in next 3 weeks)

Progress photos on my profile (it's open).
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I just started Madcow's 5X5. I was doing a full body routine I found on bodybuilding.com for awhile, then I was doing a split for awhile. Then I decided I wanted a 5x5 program, and Madcow's fit best for me. I've been lifting for over a year with a "break" where I was doing a lower weight, higher rep program. I am skinny fat, my diet is slowly getting back in check (the holidays just wrecked me, mentally, food-wise). I try to keep 40/30/30 macors, but I suck at it without eating the same thing day in and day out. I do find that when I have my carbs in check, I'm high on fat and vice versa.
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love this! You girls look hot! I have just started doing Body pump 2-3 days a week, but from the looks of it I need to turn it up a notch. I thought I had to lower my BF% before lifting will do any good. Should I forget about "losing weight" and just lift? I want to build muscle. I eat around 1500 calories a day to help lose weight. Will I be able to lose my spare tire if I focus on lifting more?
  • Jennifer0878
    Jennifer0878 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have done New Rules of Lifting for Women twice (and loved it). I have just started Stronglifts 5x5 this week. My macros are set to 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat. I don't always hit them, but that's what I aim for every day.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    This is my story in pictures:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Liftnlove/view/my-2012-in-pictures-498477

This is what I did:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Liftnlove/view/my-workouts-past-and-present-498479

The way I ate was 2000 calories a day, 150 gm of protein a day...fat and carbs vary.

These are a few of my before/during shots (there's never an "after" right?)

mfp35-1-1.jpg

MFPabsJantoOct.jpg

mfp41_zps17504c89.jpg

The words coming out of my mouth while inappropriate are in admiration. What a transformation! Bravo girl!

Edited to add: Just read over your blog on your routine and I love the way you think! Very informative and many should probably read it. Just saying!