Breakfast Ideas?

mer1441
mer1441 Posts: 35 Member
Well lately I can't decide whats better - gluten free brown bread toasted with merdian natural peanut butter and a banana or 2 scrambled eggs on toast or grapefruit and 1 scrambled egg? Ahh! So many lovely choices to choose from...opinions? thanks in advance :) And what do you have for breakfast?

Replies

• Breakfast is the hardest meal for me because I feel like I have too many options, lol. Some of my go-to meals are:

1. A smoothie
    2. Cereal w/ skim milk and a banana
    3. Plain oatmeal with a tbsp of peanut butter or apple butter
    4. Fruit salad w/ toasted english muffin
    5. A protein bar (when I wake up late and have to rush off to class)
    6. Plain, nonfat Greek yogurt with blueberries, strawberries, and granola

...I'm not too picky. As long as I have something in my stomach to get me through morning classes, I'm good.
  • I usually have Shakeology for breakfast makes for a great healthy meal replacement
  • mer1441
    mer1441 Posts: 35 Member
    Mmm..everything on that list sounds delicious! I know, there is just so many choices, I love breakfast so much! haha and thanks for the suggestions - well what you have!
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    of yours I'd always say gluten free brown bread toasted with merdian natural peanut butter and a banana since I don't like eggs.

For me, mostly sugar free oatmeal (with a bit of protein powder if I worked out) and a piece of fruit.
    Sometimes a PB&J.
    I just got a recipe from a friend for a cottage cheese shake that I'm going to try for something different.
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    My favorites...

Oatmeal with peanut butter and some kind of fruit
    Asperagus with Poached Eggs and a little parmesan
    Egg White omlette
    Broiled Grapefruit w/ greek yogurt

YUM! :tongue:
  • Mcoh01
    Mcoh01 Posts: 11
    Weirdly, I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for breakfast on the go...

My go-to stay at home breakfast: slice of toast with a poached egg on top, salsa, plain greek yogurt, and basil = awesome

My other favorite is saute scallions in a pan with Pam, crack an egg over it and cook the egg, then serve it on top of a slice of toast with melted skim mozzarella cheese.
  • jimbo480
    jimbo480 Posts: 22 Member
    BACON!!!
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    I pretty much eat the same thing every morning - coffee with almond milk & agave and 2-egg, bell peppers, spinach, mushroom omelet. If I know that I'll have a late lunch that day, I make it a scramble and put it on wheat wrap to hold me through lunch
  • angiecullifer
    angiecullifer Posts: 13 Member
    I usually have oatmeal. It's what I love and it's filling.
  • GosuLoli
    GosuLoli Posts: 38
    Muesli with dried raspberries and apples - I have a bit of a sweet tooth and it fills me up as well as satisfying my sweet cravings :)
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    I have the same things every morning as well!!! Dannon light and fit yogurt with a cup of berries and a cup of bran flakes mixed in...the type of berries depends on the yogurt...strawberry/blueberry etc
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    3 egg white omelet with mushrooms, spinach and reduced fat swiss & 1/2 a grapefruit
    3 egg white omelet with avocado and salsa (sometimes on a low carb tortilla)
    Special K protein cereal with banana and unsweetened almond milk
    whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter and banana
  • miclmiller
    miclmiller Posts: 14 Member
    I love oatmeal, if you throw in a banana while it cooks that will naturally sweeten it. Add some nuts and spices and it will smell like banana nut bread. It's also delicious :)
  • seawolf86
    seawolf86 Posts: 55
    I usually eat eggs for breakfast or greek yogurt w/ protein powder. I also like sweet potatoes with pb!
  • LaTiri
    LaTiri Posts: 1
    I have an awasome shake with: Silk Soy Milk, Almonds and Walnuts, a little bit of honey, papaya or banana, flax and 1 splenda. Filling and delicious after workout.

Also you can replace the fruit for a square of unsweetened dark chocolate if you have a sweet tooth (I don't)