Ripped in 30 from monday on. Anyone starting it too?

Options
Hi, guys! I finished 30Day Shredd this week and will start the Ripped in 30 tomorrow. I'm looking for toning/muscle definition. Would love to have more buddies on this journey if anyone is interesting in starting it too. I'll probably do it everyday, like the 30day shredd.

Replies

• princesselle1
    princesselle1 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I've finished 30ds too on my 3rd of ripped!!!
  • AnnaLaura82
    AnnaLaura82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi - ive just started Ripped in 30 today (Monday 4th March).
    I finished 30 day shred a couple of weeks ago but after a couple of hectic weeks/alcohol fuelled weekends, need to get back into it! I wasnt watching my diet with 30 day shred so have decided for Ripped in 30 to stick to1400cal per day.
    I plan on doing each Level for 6 days and having 1 day rest before moving on to the next level.. Will take weight/measurements and post tommorrow which will be day 2 :)
  • onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is great. Any of you doing another workout in combination with Rin30? As a warm-up or just to intensify?
  • princesselle1
    Options
    No I'm going to start jogging today hopefully!!! As I think the DVD won't give me the results I want!
  • AnnaLaura82
    Options
    ha - I got up early to go for a jog today too but its raining!
    I usually jog for 1/2hr 2-3 times a week. Will up it in winter but here in Brisbane its still a bit too warm to go jogging at lunch :)

mmmm i reckon if you watch your calories as well as do the dvd you definatley will see results... I saw results after doing the 30day shred and i wasn't dieting AT ALL :) Plus i was getting lots of comments which was great. I even have 2 of my friends doing the dvd now :)
  • princesselle1
    Options
    ha - I got up early to go for a jog today too but its raining!
    I usually jog for 1/2hr 2-3 times a week. Will up it in winter but here in Brisbane its still a bit too warm to go jogging at lunch :)

mmmm i reckon if you watch your calories as well as do the dvd you definatley will see results... I saw results after doing the 30day shred and i wasn't dieting AT ALL :) Plus i was getting lots of comments which was great. I even have 2 of my friends doing the dvd now :)

Hopefully! How much did u lose with 30ds?
  • yopie1965
    yopie1965 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Saturday.......My Curves is closing on Friday, so I tried Rin30 yesterday and definitely like it. Nice change from 30ds. I'll have weight and measures on Friday from my club and I plan to do 5 or 6 days a week along with my Curves Complete diet.
    nice to have a few friends on the same!
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was been doing Ripped inconsistently throughout February. I've promised myself to do it 6 days a week for the entire month of March. Anyone feel free to friend me so we can keep each other motivated. Jillian is tough but it's only 30 minutes total and such a great workout! I'm also jogging on the treadmill, too.
  • sararlene01
    sararlene01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started last Friday. I'm doing it for the month of March and am challenging myself to do it in the mornings (I've always been an evening exerciser). Two days in and so far so good...I like the format a lot--it's my first Jillian DVD. It seems to fly by. My hamstrings are definitely feeling it!
  • elevensgirl
    elevensgirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started it on Sunday. I meant to do it today, but my kids were up all night so I didn't squeeze it in this morning.

I did the Shred all the way through twice, the second time with 5 lb weights.

Starting Rin30, I felt like level one was easy! A good workout, but not challenging in the strength dept.
    I'm going to do it 4 more times this week and then move on to level 2.

Loved the Shred, but I need a change. And I have to workout in the early mornings before my kids wake up.
  • AnnaLaura82
    Options
    i didnt actually lose any weight because i think i gained muscle and i toned up heaps :)
  • onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    First day yesterday. I found it to be easier than the 30dayShredd. Not so many jumps, a longer cooldown at the end. Some exercices are in 30dayShredd also. Hope it has at least the same effect. Didn't lose weight with 30ds but I deff have better form (abs and arms) so I want to make it better.
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    I finished up 30DS a couple weeks ago. Great results for me and I love JM workouts. I just watch them once with the sound on so I know how to do the moves and them listen to music the rest of the days I do them so I don't have to hear her voice. :laugh:

I started RI30 yesterday. I plan to do it 6 days a week with Sundays as a rest day.

I used 5 lb weights yesterday but felt it wan't challenging enough so I will use the 8 lb weights today.

I actually liked this workout better than 30DS. I hope I feel the same about the rest of the levels.
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of week 1 of Ripped in 30. I'm doing it along with Kickbox Fast Fix. I do RI30 first and then I do one of the kickboxing workouts afterwards. I'm really enjoying this combination. It's the perfect amount of time for me. Good luck everyone!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    hi im with Jess :) Ripped and on day 5 wk 1 and im doing it with yoga meltdown. I love it :) So yes ill join in xx I can smell the fat burnin hahaha
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will be on day 2 of ripped in 30 today. It will be good to see how this goes. I did 30Ds back in October / November and loved it! The difference it made to my body shape was great. So I am now hoping to get a good start on Phase 2 to lose that flab!
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just ordered the DVD yesterday so I'll be starting when it comes :) I've also done Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD which is an amazing workout if anyone is looking for a good mix of cardio and strength. I'll still be hitting the gym in the mornings to do my cardio, and probably do RI30 in the evenings.
  • sarahevenstar
    sarahevenstar Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi! I finished 30DS last week and started Ripped in 30 last night. I'm aiming for five days a week with one long run day and and few shorter runs on Ri30 days. So far, I'm using 8 pound weights for most of it but there are a few things I need to use 5's on.
  • LineSamantha
    Options
    I started 30 day shred this morning. I've watched it before trying it, it looked easy. There were moments that I really struggled, kind of humbling. Depending on my results I may start Ripped in 30 right afterward. Good luck with it.
  • bobbietaylor733
    Options
    HI Everyone,

I started the "Ripped in 30 " on Friday with the exception of Sunday, so I guess I`ve done it three times now and would love some company. I did the "30 Day Shred" last month and didn`t see any weight loss but did notice a change in my body so I did tone up some. I find Jillians DVD`s challenging with a good mix of cardio and weight, I also add 10 minutes of ab work at the end and make sure I burn at least 300 cal. by the time I`m through (using a HRM). I also walk/jog on nice days (4.5km) for my mental health...I suffer from season depression sometimes and this definitely helps get me through those tough days, plus I ride my horse 3 or 4 times a week in a indoor arena.

I only lost 2 lbs last month and was very frustrated, but after reading many of the post on this site it`s clear to me now that I`m NOT eating enough calories (1200 or under most days), so I have increased my intake to 1500 to 1600 cal. a day and see what happens.

Feel free to add me as a friend and would love to check in with everyone once a day for motivation and inspiration, :)