Closed diary's

Options

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    If one more person mocks my mayo addiction or the fact that I like ketchup on my eggs, I am shutting that ***** down!

Ketchup on eggs? Seriously?

I kinda get the ketchup thing. I like salsa on my eggs. :laugh:

Well, salsa, yes. Huevos Rancheros, okay. Ketchup? smh
  • bbmich23
    bbmich23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My diary is for my eyes only. I feel that what I eat is a very personal decision. I also don't feel the need to see what anyone else eats. What works for others probably won't work for me.and vise versa .since we are all different. If I want advice about my eating habits I will ask my doctor. Sometimes I forget to log my food as well...especially on the weekends when things are most hectic for me..I don't want anyone taking any cues from my eating habits just as I choose not to take cues from theirs.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Everybody's different, so we must do this our way. I choose to keep my private and I have no friends. I enjoy reading the forums and sometimes will post a comment here and there. This is MY way. If someone wants to open up their diary to help keep them accountable, then that's what they should do. But if you open your diary, you are open to criticism, right or wrong. If it doesn't bother you, great. I would find it irritating having people tell me what I'm doing wrong (or right).
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    For me, as others have said already, I use MFP to track what I eat for protein, fiber and calories for myself not for others to see. I love having friends on MFP, to encourage and motivate, but I prefer to keep my food dairy to myself. If I need help with something, I can still ask for it or unlock it for a small amount of time.

Also, I know that I'm eating a little less at the moment than I should be, but that's because of things that's happened recently. I don't need everyone telling me on a daily basis that I should be eating more.

Some people want the encouragement from their dairy, or they're just an open person about these kinds of things. Some of us aren't.
  • skafka74
    skafka74 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's a personal choice. My diary is open, I haven't had anyone comment on it. Perhaps if I was getting negative comments or comments about my food combinations I would close it. I like to look at other people's diaries, not to critique but just to get ideas. I'm not looking to "copy" anyone's diet but just looking for possible food ideas that I haven't thought of to incorporate into MY eating routine. I never comment on what other people eat.
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter to me ,at first I was a bit upset.But if they are open and you comment some people can't handle the feed back you give .If its closed I don't comment most of the time. Live and let live ....:/
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Mines open but my profile is private....so anyone can view my diary but noone can see my friends.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter to me ,at first I was a bit upset.But if they are open and you comment some people can't handle the feed back you give .If its closed I don't comment most of the time. Live and let live ....:/

This is what I don't understand I guess. Why would you be upset that someone hasn't chosen to open their diary?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

Upset?
    Because you can't look at someones diary?
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends. Sometimes people on here can be BRUTAL and judgmental so I don't like it open to the public. I'm not perfect. And I do not want to hear about the four girl scout cookies I consumed and how the sugar is going to ruin me. :) I think it is nice to have diaries open to friends and people who are there to support one another. Public viewing... not for me! :)
  • jtannehill75
    Options
    Don't really know why I closed mine! I do want everyone to be as successful as I have been.. therefore, mine is now OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    in all honesty the reason most have closed diaries is because they don't like the comments they get on their eating habits. so they either leave theirs closed or set to friends only. comments are welcome but sometimes the comments appear really judgemental or like I know everything and if you don't agree with my ways of eating you will get an ear ful.
  • NutellaAddict
    Options
    Don't really know why I closed mine! I do want everyone to be as successful as I have been.. therefore, mine is now OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!

Just saw yours damn you go HAM on your workouts!!
  • jtannehill75
    Options
    Workouts.. funny thing is.. i don't even go to the gym!! I wear my bodymedia fit 23 hours/day. I chase my 2 year old around, walk the puppy, and do LOTS OF HOUSEWORK!! :bigsmile:
  • NutellaAddict
    Options
    Workouts.. funny thing is.. i don't even go to the gym!! I wear my bodymedia fit 23 hours/day. I chase my 2 year old around, walk the puppy, and do LOTS OF HOUSEWORK!! :bigsmile:

Well damn!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I really don't see what benefit it is to look at other people's diaries. You probably don't like the foods I do, you don't have my schedule, and as long as you're staying in your budget it really doesn't matter what you eat or when you eat it. Successful people aren't successful because they eat 4 grapes at 10 am, they're successful because they manage their lives in a way that works for them.

There's no big secret to weight loss. Eat less, do more. You don't need to creep people's diaries to do that.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I only have my open to friends :)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Becuase I don't want to post that I have success, and then have the food police point out the slice of pizza I had two days ago and use that as fire to rain down on my parade.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Mine has been open, mainly because when I started using MFP, I wanted advice for how I was eating. Now, I know the drill. I log a few days a week, never on the weekends because I'm gone. I almost NEVER "complete" my diary at the end of the day and for the most part I found if you don't complete it, then no one really looks at it anyway