When do you record new weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• HKSJS
    HKSJS Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Tuesday night at 9pm, just because that's the first time I weighed myself when I started and I wanted to keep to around the same time on the same day each week :) If there has been less than a 1lb change then I don't bother recording it and wait until the following week :)
  • tweetiejovi
    tweetiejovi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    daily on my scales 1st thing

recorded for food daily on boots scales on a tuesday with print out of weight, bmi, body fat has have done it for the last year.

sat/sun morning for my fitbit loses 50lbs challenge
  • Jhs1987
    Jhs1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My official weigh is first thing Friday morning, and I will record that weight if there is a change, good or bad. I will sometimes weigh myself at other times in the week, but I don't record those.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I weigh most mornings and if I weigh myself I record it. I'm well aware I will have daily changes and water weight and other variables but I love to look at the 30/90/180 day charts to see the trend. This is the first time I'm not all freaky about the small blips of gain or the stalls. Guess, I've finally realized that getting all freaked out wasn't doing me one little bit of good! LOL Now, if I could only apply that in other areas of my life! :)

Another reason I weigh daily and record is that I'm on a doctor supervised elimination diet. So my diary notes include symptom tracking and if the doc wants she can compare weight to my food and symptom information.
  • mike2104
    mike2104 Posts: 4
    Options
    I weigh-in last day of the month , that way if you have a bad day you have time to work it off
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Every Monday Morning am weight...no matter what it says...good, bad or ugly !
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I don't record until I lose. I find it discouraging otherwise. If my last weigh-in is, say, 136lbs, and I hover it around it, I won't record until I am 135lbs. I don't care if it takes a month... and sometimes it does.

^^ THIS ^^ Don't know how scientific it is, but I do it exactly the same way. I weigh in on Friday mornings. If I miss, I wait another week until the next Friday morning. Weighing in too often, seeing the little fluctuations (especially up) kinda freaks me out.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Once a week/when the numbers change :)
  • adstar20
    adstar20 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I connected my Withings scale to the site so every time I weigh myself the site is updated, good or bad. I generally weigh myself daily, sometimes more (for example I was curious how much water weight I lost when running a half marathon so I weighed before and after), sometimes less.

The Withings app imposes a trend line over the actual readings. As long as that line is pointing down, I am happy.
  • Bizzeemamanj
    Options
    Am I the only one who only records when it changes? I weigh myself every day, and then record a new weight if I've been the same for a few days (usually three, but it's an imprecise method).

Taking some time away from the scale this month, though.

I only record it when it changes. But I'm not a consistent loser (hehe). I tend to lose in big chunks and then hold steady for a bit. I average out over time to about 1 pound a week - I just don't lose it consistently week to week. I lost 4 pounds in a week about 10 days ago, and haven't seen the scale move since. I imagine I'll be down again end of next week, I'm guessing another 3 or 4 pounds. Not sure why it works this way for my body, but it does. I notice changes in my clothing and body before I notice it on the scale.