100lbs lost VERY pic heavy! Thanks in advance for reading

Options
I'm not very good at figuring out what I'm supposed to say here. I've lost 100lbs!! That should suffice no? :P I started my journey on here back in June of 2012. As so many other amazing folks on here, I was always up and down with my weight, starting "diets" just to stop a week or two into them. Eventually I ballooned up to the highest weight in my life. One morning I woke up, went to the doctor for a physical.... My weight was 298.9lbs, my cholesterol, blood pressure.. all through the roof! His words? "You keep this up George, it doesn't look good. You're 26, have a daughter... don't you want to be around for her? You need to do something about this"....

I went home that night, I (yes I'm a man but have no problem admitting this) I cried, I was terrified!! That damn doc really got to me! HAHA! That night while my daughter was sleeping I went into her room and just.. just stared at her. How gorgeous, innocent and sweet she looked. That lil girl depended and counted on me for.. everything. So many images went through my mind. Her first school dance, learning to drive, her prom, her wedding, grandkids.... What if I wasn't there for all that? I know life is unexpected and God could want me up there with him tomorrow but I also know that there are things I can do to keep myself healthy while I'm on this earth. It hit me, I was being so selfish! Everytime I decided to stuff my face with a whole pizza, a few whoppers, I was taking time away from her. Something inside me just clicked and right there and then I knew NOTHING was going to stop me! My daughter deserved better.

The very next day, got my gym equipment, scale, tape measure, figured out a food plan. A friend who previously had success with MFP referred me to the site and I can NEVER thank her enough for that. This site was able to help me log my food, my burns, get support and be held accountable. I didn't take any magic pills, no surgery, didn't starve myself. Once I figured out all my numbers, my BMR etc, I watched what I ate, ate healthy and exercised almost everyday. I was 300lbs!! So I started just by
walking daily, then jogging, then lifting and now I'm a fitness addict! I cut out soda and fast foods completely and cut my carbs down. I drink water like it's running out and now nothing can stop me. I still have about 20lbs or so and a lot of toning left to do. I'm in love with lifting and I can't wait till this summer. If I keep this up I will be a very happy man at the beach this summer. LOL!

Most importantly, my daughter saw my entire journey. She saw all the ups, the downs, the times when I wanted to give up. The times when I was eating my veggies and chicken and saying no to pie when everyone else was stuffing their faces. She saw me wanting to give up so many times but also saw that i never did. I workout at home a lot, she was there for all that. Saw me doing my pushups, planks, time on the elliptical. She's seen my transformation and she now knows that... That I did it. I did it for her. As long as SHE is proud of me, it was all worth it. I hope she can learn from it as well and I can be an inspiration to her to stay healthy. It's not easy, and there will be so many times when you will want to give up and just walk away, but I promise you that if you stick with it, you will get there! It is possible and you can do it as well..

Anyway this was super long, I apologize for this. If this can truly inspire ONE person though, then I'm insanely happy I took the time to write this. Thank you all for taking the time, keep up the wonderful work! I love you all!! :D

On to what everyone actually normally looks at huh? LOL!! Pics!!

Some of my heaviest!!! :(

oldme010_zps7b228761.jpg
oldme009_zpsca755690.jpg
oldme005_zpsbbb9a82b.jpg
oldme006_zpsf9b85943.jpg
oldme008_zps621b4144.jpg
formfp1.jpg
oldme_zps840ca5b4.jpg
old-ID-2_zpse0b9be93.jpg
Through my journey:
thisone6_zps6533a613.jpg
thisone4_zpsb546ea34.jpg
thisonethree_zps496cabcf.jpg
flexing_zps1b7e8d84.jpg
thisone_zps3e064ec1.jpg
Photo0470_zpsf9909850.jpg
bearsshirtedit_zps0d7905b1.jpg
myoldclothes2_zpscbabb164.jpg
More recent: (You'll notice my tattoo in some of these. When I started my journey, I set goals and rewards for myself. My reward at 100lbs was my tattoo!! I got a bit before I hit the 100lbs mark but I knew i would! lol)
newestme_zps056bb8b7.jpg
Photo0770_zps7e56d181.jpg
Photo0771_zpsc02ffd6c.jpg
Photo0901_zps17ac7c25.jpg
menewone_zps5d906319.jpg
batshirt_zps1c646350.jpg
yellow_zps3c0d5fae.jpg
Photo0904_zps3e986ff6.jpg
new-mirror-35_zps594ece14.jpg
Photo09451_zpsf3a5b1c4.jpg
Photo0871_zps2e26ed5d.jpg
just-bnw_zps3094167a.jpg
tat5_zpsdcfeadbe.jpg
tat3_zpsc17ceb77.jpg
tat4_zps9bb9aa0a.jpg
Photo1005_zps5ffa9a1f.jpg
Photo1010_zps7dfaca16.jpg
Photo1004_zps96dd05e5.jpg
IMG_20130305_084410_zps4a222fae.jpg
fb-2_zpsbc928a15.jpg

If any of the pics are cut off, you can view them all and more at my photobucket: http://s1252.beta.photobucket.com/user/move257/library/

Replies

• karenrace
    karenrace Posts: 24
    Options
    CONGRATS on losing 100!! You are amazing, and you gave your baby girl the ultimate gift - a healthy daddy! Way to go!
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great loss, great job and I know your family is proud of you.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation! Great job! Keep up the great work!
  • yankeez1212
    Options
    a true inspiration! thank you!
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    Awesome, well done! Great job! Way to Go! Just....WoW!
  • keldarawlings
    Options
    Well done! That is a huge achievement, and you should be proud. Inspiring to see all the pictures - thanks for posting.
    :)
  • KLSG23
    KLSG23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!! you should be very proud of yourself and just think of the wonderful example you are setting for your baby girl
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So awesome and inspiring! Brought tears to my eyes! Wow...just wow.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing, George! So inspiring..

Just like Hayles said...Wow.....Just wow!
  • angelajo01
    Options
    You look awesome!! Truly a motivation!!
  • copelvb
    copelvb Posts: 21
    Options
    Thats what I am talking about!! Way to be awesome. You definelty inspire me to keep it!
  • VeganJamiOnAMission
    VeganJamiOnAMission Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A-FREAKING-MAZING! You look awesome! Thanks for sharing your success, it is very inspirational. WOW!
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I especially love the last picture. You have a beautiful little girl and she has a healthy dad!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    :cry:

Congratulations! You have a lot to be proud of.
  • ElizabethKG1983
    ElizabethKG1983 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats on 100 lbs! You look amazing and are very inspiring!!!
  • Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    AWESOME change! BUMP
  • sdionisio8
    sdionisio8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, very inspiring
  • iamsamsma
    iamsamsma Posts: 12
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Your post brought tears to my eyes, as I had very similar reasons for starting my new life too!
    I am glad you took the time to write your story, I found it very inspirational. Keep up the great work!
  • lovemy4boys79
    lovemy4boys79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Extremely inspiring, you look amazing!
  • deepartridge
    Options
    WOW...i had tears in my eyes reading this....your an amazing man to do something so heartfelt for your lil girl...God Bless You and congrats on your amazing achievements!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!