Foods that cause me to overeat.

Options
13»

Replies

• shauna1703
    Options
    The foods I've noticed that cause me to overeat are: CHIP & SALSA!!!!!MMM, M&M's.... I tend to eat when I'm bored.. EVen though i go and look for food and never find anything i really want.. I hate my battle with food.. I just want to feel good abot myself again!! I look at my jeans from before and now and im disgusted with myself
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    CHEESE!!!! And freshly baked bread....I cannot possibly stop at just one serving of either one, therefore I just avoid them altogether. And alcohol causes me to overeat because firstly, it is high in calories, but more importantly, it stimulates my appetite, no matter how full I already am.
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    The foods I've noticed that cause me to overeat are: CHIP & SALSA!!!!!MMM, M&M's.... I tend to eat when I'm bored.. EVen though i go and look for food and never find anything i really want.. I hate my battle with food.. I just want to feel good abot myself again!! I look at my jeans from before and now and im disgusted with myself

Chpis and salsa are what put weight on me...well, mexican food in general. I've learned to love Baked Tostitos. I count out 14 and put the bag back in the pantry! You can have lots of salsa but watch the sodium. Good luck!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Chpis and salsa are what put weight on me...well, mexican food in general. I've learned to love Baked Tostitos. I count out 14 and put the bag back in the pantry! You can have lots of salsa but watch the sodium. Good luck!

I make my own pico de gallo which is much healthier - it's like salad on a chip! Super easy to make either by hand or in a food processor: chopped tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and cilantro with freshly squeezed lime and a smidge of salt.
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options

I make my own pico de gallo which is much healthier - it's like salad on a chip! Super easy to make either by hand or in a food processor: chopped tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and cilantro with freshly squeezed lime and a smidge of salt.

I'm on a huge salsa verde and black bean/corn salsa kick right now but will definitely make some pico after my next grocery trip. Thanks for the idea...love me some salsa!!!!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    i can eat 119 lbs of peanuts if i could! and i would!
    i buy the big bad of shelled unsalted ones (so they can take me longer to eat) and omg i have to actually hide them lol

used to be PB. but thats no more.

sunflower seeds
    those read-roasted chick peas
    grapes
    dates
    raisins
    chips
    mike n ikes
    anything small lol

life was so much easier when i lived alone!!!! UGH! my parents looovvve snacking!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    French fries, chips and salsa, and pizza. I stay away from Mexican restaurants now unless it's for like "a cheat meal."... I don't eat french fries anymore, but every now and then I'll get a pizza to eat in moderation. I'm getting better at actually eating what I say I'm going to eat. In fact, I had two slices of a small pizza tonight. I grabbed those two slices and immediately put the rest in the fridge. :) Hooray!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Raw chocolate and Avocados- and not mixed, lol. :laugh:
    I could eat only those two things each day for an endless amount of days and probably be very happy. Sick, but happy....=p
    I am to the point now though where I can actually be sensible with both, most of the time. The choc. is still a rough one to say no to!

Oh I forgot about avocados! I'm absolutely addicted to them. It's a shame there's so much fat in one. :( I know it's good fat, but it's still a lot. Sometimes, I just have to eat low fat on my other meals and have an entire avocado for lunch or something. Avocado and turkey sandwiches. So good. <3
  • waymethb
    waymethb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    French fries my worst binge food...I try really hard not to even have one because I know I will just eat and eat. Also pasta is bad for me too.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    Pretty much ANYTHING that is accompanied by a dip of some sort. Whether it is Tostitos & salsa, potato chips and Helluva Good Bacon & Horseradish dip, chicken wing dip, veggies and ranch dip or fruit and whipped cream (rarely)....I just keep going!! And then of course there is cheese.....especially if there are crackers and pepperoni involved!!
  • XoXoCountryGalXoXo
    XoXoCountryGalXoXo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Pizza and pasta! Pasta makes me crave sweets!! Its all downhill from there!
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Sour cream, ranch or mayo! I use to put it on my food then always had an extra dish next to my plate with another 1 cup portion of whatever the condiment was at that time.:noway: I would dip and double dip my food in the extra condiment! YUCK! Just the thought of that makes me sick now!:sick:

I'm so happy to have found "fat free" versions of these condiments and also to have learned what "serving size" really means!:laugh:
  • meangela010
    meangela010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow this is an old thread but I'm glad I found it. There are a lot of similarities in the posts.

- Chocolate
    - Chips of any kind, but especially chips and salsa
    - Almost any kind of appetizer(i.e. bowls of nuts, veggie tray w dip, cheese and crackers)
    - Bread
  • pittielover23
    Options
    -Peanut butter is my biggest weakness. I cannot even have it in the house. I just go to town with a spoon and the jar.
    -Chips and dip. I could eat my weight in them. I do not discriminate either, any dip with do.