Snow!! Love it or hate it?

Options

Replies

• Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm from TEXAS, I can't stand it. We will shut the city down if it snows to much here. We don't know how to drive on that stuff.

Haha, yeah, the southern states freak out whenever they get snow! It is kinda dangerous to drive on though, especially if the plows aren't keeping up. Schools around here are closed today, but usually they stay open unless more than 5-8 inches are predicted.
  • avgjoe4
    avgjoe4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I live in Ohio, near Dayton, so I'm used to the snow. We want the snow to come starting around Halloween or Thanksgiving, and then when it comes around Christmas, we are ready for it to go by NYE, but it sticks around until mid March or later. I would love to live in SC where it's a nice neutral zone, I wouldn't miss the snow one bit.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Love it...we haven't gotten nearly enough of it this year in NM...not even the mountains. It's going to make for a nasty fire season this year. We usually get at least one or two big storms every year and a huge storm (for us that would be about 2' in the city) every five years or so. I think our biggest snow thus far was a light dusting of about 1/2" in the valley and 6" in the mountain foothills. Haven't been able t take my toddler sledding as planned this year because there's not even enough snow up in the mountains to sled this year.

Best part about snow here (Albuquerque) is that even a little bit just shuts everything down because we don't have enough removal equipment and salt trucks. A couple of years ago we had our huge storm that dropped 2' of snow in the city and the whole place was shut down for about 4 days and the city was recruiting anyone with a tractor to remove snow...it was awesome and I just hung out at home eating stew and drinking whisky and building snow men.
  • Ramberta
    Options
    I love the snow, I love playing in it! I live in SoCal so it NEVER snows where I live. I have to drive about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to the snow.

Do you go to Tahoe, or elsewhere?
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I don't have to live in it, I just visit it. I love it when I do....
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    In my area we have the `basic` climate, the all four seasons in their bloom.
    But I love winter and snow. Especially winter and snow in the mountains. :D We have only 3 months of winter and I would want more. :D
  • carmieg3
    carmieg3 Posts: 36
    Options
    I am soo done with the snow!!! I live in Ontario Canada, and this winter we have gotten more snow than we have had in the past five years COMBINED!! I am sick of looking at it, I just want it to go away!
    ... maybe I should move to a warmer climate..
  • Ramberta
    Options

Best part about snow here (Albuquerque) is that even a little bit just shuts everything down because we don't have enough removal equipment and salt trucks. A couple of years ago we had our huge storm that dropped 2' of snow in the city and the whole place was shut down for about 4 days and the city was recruiting anyone with a tractor to remove snow...it was awesome and I just hung out at home eating stew and drinking whisky and building snow men.

Haha, sounds like the awful snowstorm that hit Louisville, KY when I lived there as a toddler-- there's a picture I've got somewhere of my brother and I under our patio table, which had a giant 3' cake of snow on top. And we were practically buried in the stuff. But I think our whole neighborhood lost power, so it got pretty cold for a couple nights! Luckily though, we had a wood fireplace, so we stayed plenty warm.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I like the snow...I do not like anything below 25 degrees though!
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Montana. I left there when I was 23 and only go back in the summer...all two weeks of it..hehe. These days I won't even go skiing because I have such a low tolerance for the cold. Too bad we can't have snow without the cold.
  • Ramberta
    Options
    I like the snow...I do not like anything below 25 degrees though!

Hear hear! I can do without the freezing winds and below 0 temps and sleet that instantly turns to ice. Just snow in winter would be fabulous.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I'm moving somewhere warm to completely avoid ALL snow and cold weather-where can I go???? :)
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I love the snow! Grew up in the north. However, my joints hate the cold, so now I'm in the south...still miss skiing though.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Love it on a ski slope, on a mountain hike, or falling around me while sitting in a hot tub. I hate it when forced to shovel it, while driving, or when slugging through the black stuff on the streets.
  • Ramberta
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses!

Here's my current view from my condo balcony (I live on the second floor)

485006_609162187540_2004739642_n.jpg
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love LOVE LOVE snow!!! Ice not so much (though ice-covered trees are beautiful), but bring on the snow!!! The more, the better!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I love snow in October through January. By February, I'm getting tired of it. In March, it's well past time to warm up.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Don't even want to get started on how much I hate cold and snow!!!!!! It makes a pretty Christmas card tho!!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Hate it. Grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and shoveled/plowed enough to last the rest of my life.

So glad I moved to North Carolina.
  • Ramberta
    Options
    Love it on a ski slope, on a mountain hike, or falling around me while sitting in a hot tub. I hate it when forced to shovel it, while driving, or when slugging through the black stuff on the streets.

I've never experienced being in an outdoor hot tub in winter but I hear it's awesome. Especially when drinking is involved... lol