over 40's please!! :)

Options

Replies

• difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    41 by the calendar but "28 FOREVER!" in my head! Finding losing this same 25-ish pounds much harder than when I did it at 36 and 31. =(
  • susiec68
    susiec68 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I'm Sue, immensely overweight and now trying to do something about it. Have just looked at this and understand from lots of people that it actually works, so here goes. Look forward to reading everyone's stories. I am 48 so need all the help I can get!!!
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    45 here...you can add me if you want.
  • hilarywithers150
    Options
    Hi Im 50 this year and loosing weight is a struggle....especially round the middle!! Can anyone tell me why my sugar allways seems to be in the red when Ive only had 2 apples? Thanks Hilary
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i am 53 and beleive me i feel your pain i have struggled also alot.. i could use all the support as i am sure you would feel free anyone to friend me... gonna make it work this time you can to
  • DCfaber
    DCfaber Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Because apples have a ton of natural sugar. The site does not seperate natural fructose from added sugar, but you still want to pay attention.

Oh, and I am a psudo recent 41 and have gotten back into running. That plus eating right has me in better shape since high school and on the right path!
  • LisaDec1969
    LisaDec1969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am also 43 and working on gettin my body back after having kids ...lol feel free to add me
  • becjovincent
    becjovincent Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yep... I see I'm not alone. I'm 41 & when people ask my age, I instantly want to say 24... but I have grown up because I used to want to say 18 ;)

but I tell you what - my body totally changed when I turned 40... I dont care for it one bit :)

Feel free to add me as a friend... love encouragement & love to give it.
  • Katmary7
    Katmary7 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 41..joined a different site and am on my second week, but discovered this site a week ago and it seems to have way more to offer without paying! I was around 150 for awhile, then quit smoking and had 2 back fusions a few weeks after. With a year recovery and needing my hardware removed, it was a year of not moving much (or all that much after) and despite eating less and healthy, I kept gaining a few pounds a month. I have quite a ways to go and hope to both lose the weight and get my body in less pain. :happy:
  • michmich68
    michmich68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 next month. EEK. And yes, it's harder to lose weight. I struggle with the same 3 lbs lately - up and down. So, I'm getting serious and going to really buckle down. Aside from that, I LOVE the 40's. Feel free to add me.
  • lmojoallen
    lmojoallen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hit 46 last week. Started here December 2011 feeling exhausted all the time, back pain, cranky and 28 lbs heavier every time I worked out it knocked me in the dirt for 2 days after and I had run a marathon 3 years earlier. Start w/ a basic physical I was severely anemic and within 3 weeks of starting on iron supplements I was feeling 1000 times better ( common issue for ladies as we head toward the big M).
    I was mostly a runner / aerobics w/ light weights girl but I joined a high intensity interval program - not cross fit but many of the same moves but more running less heavy weights. I had lost 16 lbs and 1.5 sizes over 8 months on my own running,skating & doing home videos and using MFP but I lost 12 lbs in 12 weeks and 2 sizes at the gym. The key is it's five minutes from home, I like both the trainers and the other clients and it is a pleasure to go there. They assess progress every six weeks for aerobic capacity, body fat, body measurements and strength and the improvements have been shocking.

I have so much more energy, feel more confident am happier and it has had a very positive effect on my love life so my husband has no trouble paying the $99 per month and letting me go 5 nights a week for 1-1.5 hours. Worth every penny he says and thanked the trainer for getting me in shape.

You definitely have to up your game, get strength training into your routine and keep your diet cleaner than when you were young but it can be done.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Over 40 and very pleased x
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Pam and I'm 45. Anyone who wants to, can add me as a friend. I am actually amazed of how well I am doing this time around. I have lost 20 lbs since January 11. I am eating healthier (most of the time, but I am definitely not perfect) and walking more (3 to 5 miles a day). The combination is really working for me. I am finally in the right frame of mind and things are clicking for me. The odd thing is that I am actually craving healthy food and my walks.
  • scress0514
    scress0514 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hi, im young at heart and older in yrs anyone can add me...I totally agree it is harder to loose weight when you are older but I will never give up the fight!! We all can do it!
  • francescapalleschi
    Options
    Definitely know that feeling- Please feel free to add me!
  • Angie52732
    Angie52732 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ... I am 48 - will be 49 in July!! Agreed that it is much harder to lose now, but the rewards are so worth it. Am down 60ish and have another 60+ to go. I try to log on daily. Best of luck to everyone!
    Angie
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    40 plus 2 months.
  • karenboy29687
    karenboy29687 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Karen (44!) feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am 42 going on 43 this month. I am new to the site too and sent you an invite. I know for me it's been harder to stick to dieting and exercise as my life got busier but now it is time to find the time to work on me and get me to a happier healthier weight. If you or anyone else would like to add me please do so - can use all the friends/support I can get.
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Waaay over 40, but happy to offer support if you want to add me.