anyone else like to drink white wine??

Options
124»

Replies

• asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 lbs in 1 year and still drank wine probably 2-3 days a week. Sometimes even 2 glasses at a time. I didn't even count it into my calorie goal because its not technically "food" and I was only eating 1200 calories, so I needed all the food nutrients I could get. STILL lost the weight.

EDIT: I almost forgot, my FAVORITE wine to this day is sutter home white zinfandel. Give me some of that and some dark chocolate and I'm set.

I'm with you wine and chocolate = yummy
  • azziria
    azziria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have 'my' wine glass where I've measured out how many mls it holds, and I count the wine as part of my daily calorie allowance. Either I drop a potato or bread in favour of a glass of wine (for example, tonight we're having salmon, new potatoes and veggies for dinner, so I'll drop the potatoes and have a glass of chilled Chablis instead), or I exercise to 'earn' the wine (a win/win - I get my wine and my body gets a healthy workout).
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I like white wine, my favorite is moscato. I don't drink it every day. maybe 5oz, times a week. I just budget it into my day.

Mascato is my fav too!!
  • PoohHugs2
    PoohHugs2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have alcohol most every day. Mostly wine but sometimes beer. I make sure I eat my BMR in nutritious food and then exercise to "earn" my wine/beer. I love my nightly treat so it gives me motivation to exercise. No exercise, no wine :-( I do log it just like the food. It seems to work for me.
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    I'm still losing weight while adding in a glass of Moscato every night, even when it exceeds my expected caloric intake. :)
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I LOVE wine, Moscato white and Pink, Pinot, Chardonnay.....you name it I love it !
    I have also been drinking since I started this journey and maybe it has held me back
    a couple of weeks but I definitley do not see a HUGE obstacle with consuming every once in a while.

Instead of drinking three glasses with dinner, I know drink 1 or sometimes 2 on a bad day...
    Dont give up your favorites things, it will only make ya crabby and want to give up!
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I drink wine almost everyday for cholesterol/heart reasons, I prefer reds but do enjoy a zinfandel on occasion! myhusband and I also drink beer on the weekends. no it doesn't help with the weight loss but if i'm not enjoying my life why should i work on trying to lose the weight anyway.

I completely agree with you !
  • Kunderwood04
    Options
    bump...want to read later:o)
  • Majky28
    Options
    I prefer white wine, because it's really sweet, of course it depends on which one you are drinking. I always mix 2dcl white wine and 1dcl of mineral water :) It's very good :)
    There are a lot of different white wines, check here for more information ->http://www.moscato-wine.com/white-moscato-wine/
  • Ayeciajn
    Ayeciajn Posts: 1
    Options
    I have alcohol most every day. Mostly wine but sometimes beer. I make sure I eat my BMR in nutritious food and then exercise to "earn" my wine/beer. I love my nightly treat so it gives me motivation to exercise. No exercise, no wine :-( I do log it just like the food. It seems to work for me.

I do the same. I workout 6 days a week at 5am on an empty stomach consiting of 45-55 minutes of cardio! I love it. I usually fall a little short of my calorie goal (every day) because I only eat back half of my earned calories from my cardio. But if it wasnt for my 1-two glasses of charodanny at night i wouldnt come close to my calorie goal at all. It also helps me sleep! Im still losing weight.
  • michcor
    michcor Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a way to make it work. I LOVE beer and wine. I love to have a glass at the end of the day. However, everytime I do, I gain weight.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Sweet Muscadine and Unoaked Moscato. YUM!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I love white wine! Usually I do count my alcohol intake if it's just one or two but if I'm going out for a special occasion, I will skip counting it.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just portion control (1 glass, no more than three nights a week) and keep it in my caloric budget. I buy the mini bottles of champagne when I am in the mood for a white. Reds keep for like 2 weeks in the fridge if recorked but I don't like flat champagne.
  • NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have switched to red wine and have 1 glass a night! It's my reward for a hard day at work and for reaching my nutritional and exercise goals! If I've had a bad day, I'll forego it, but agree with others that as long as you are switch something else out to make up for the carbs, you should be fine! Good luck!