40 calorie tortilla

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this because we are donig tacos tonight. We already use lean ground trukey and unfrotunately I LOVE me some crispy shells, which means done in oil. Gotta come up with something better or conitnue jsut eating tcao salad.

OH OH, I just made taco shells the other day! Take your corn tortilla, dont do flour that's just too gringo, LOL!

Anyways give em a little squirt of cooking spray. Drape them over the oven rack I used two oven tine thingies. Turn the over on to 350-375degs and in about 10 minutes you have crispy taco shells. I guess you could skip the cooking spray but they might stick to the oven rack.

Also, OP did you make the tortillas without oil were they pliable? I would think they might dry out a little fast.
  • TillyMomma
    TillyMomma Posts: 262
    Options
    Bump
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :)
  • ProudAirforceWife
    ProudAirforceWife Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I gotta try this!!!
  • Nana82Much
    Nana82Much Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • Beautiful_Disaster108
    Options
    Bump
  • Permewer
    Permewer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awwww yeah. Now if only I had my grandma's mad tortilla-shaping skills (RIP, granny).
  • LadyAnaid
    LadyAnaid Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kmmpink
    kmmpink Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Will have to try this! Thank you for sharing. :)

I did just enter this into the 'recipe' section here on MFP, and these do come out to 50 calories per tortilla.
  • khlesnick
    khlesnick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jenner9169
    Jenner9169 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EllenC7
    EllenC7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Trying this! :)
  • WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    We just made this recipe using strong bread flour since we had no other kind in the house. It came to 52 calories per tortilla and they are the size of a CD more or less. We topped them with a teaspoon of smooth peanut butter, thin slices of banana and a teaspoon of honey. Fantastic recipe, I am planning to double the ingredients for a slightly bigger tortilla in future. Super easy to make, thanks for the recipe!
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jxchambe
    jxchambe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Bumping for my husband who was complaining last night about the high calorie count in tortillas!