Home doesn't feel so much like Home anymore...

Options
Hi everyone,

So I am back from Texas and it has been a harrowing journey back home. Tomorrow I'll tell you about it. Suffice to say, it's been a long trip back in more ways than one.

So the trip was more than I could have ever imagined. Manda is truly the girl of my dreams. She is so perfect it's daunting to believe she's even real. She's beautiful, she's smart, totally sexy, absolutely hilarious and she has an amazingly beautiful soul. I spent the majority of the flight today trying to figure out how a homely not so smart guy like myself could be so lucky...I still don't have an answer for it...

So anyway, I'll write more tomorrow morning. I just wanted everyone (even Tam) to know how much I love and appreciate them. You are all extraordinary people, and I am so happy to call you all family. Thank you for your many prayers and encouragement. You'll never know how much it has meant to both Manda and I.

Good Night Family.

-J:heart:

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Hi everyone,

So I am back from Texas and it has been a harrowing journey back home. Tomorrow I'll tell you about it. Suffice to say, it's been a long trip back in more ways than one.

So the trip was more than I could have ever imagined. Manda is truly the girl of my dreams. She is so perfect it's daunting to believe she's even real. She's beautiful, she's smart, totally sexy, absolutely hilarious and she has an amazingly beautiful soul. I spent the majority of the flight today trying to figure out how a homely not so smart guy like myself could be so lucky...I still don't have an answer for it...

So anyway, I'll write more tomorrow morning. I just wanted everyone (even Tam) to know how much I love and appreciate them. You are all extraordinary people, and I am so happy to call you all family. Thank you for your many prayers and encouragement. You'll never know how much it has meant to both Manda and I.

Good Night Family.

-J:heart:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Why am I about to cry?:ohwell:

I'm glad you're home safe J. You sound so sad sweetness:frown:
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm sure Manda has a different outlook on how you speak of yourself.
    I find it hard to believe your not as fantasitc! :happy:
    It sounds like you two make a great pair that balance each other out.
    Hope the time is short until your back together. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Kelly! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Glad things went well for you! :flowerforyou:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Sgt--

welcome back! We've missed you and Manda!

You two were in our prayers, so good to hear all is safe and things went well.

Group hug from all here for you two!

grupo_amistad.gif
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I think I just went into a diabetic coma from that.

LOL! Glad it worked out for you sarge!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    I'm glad that you and Manda hit it off so well!

Leigh Ann:heart:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    welcome back!:heart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome back big/lil bro.....

Glad you arrived safely! (I GUESS! :wink: )

Talk to you soon!

:heart:
    Tam
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Can't wait to hear more about it. We've missed you two!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Aww J, welcome back, I'm glad you had such a great time. I can honestly say I know how it is to finally find that one and have to watch them get on a plane and leave, or be the one leaving. When hubby and I met for the first time and he flew to Tennessee to visit for a week it was SO hard, I also think in that moment when I seen his plane take off and I burst into tears and the entire airport was lookin at me like I was a loon, I realized how much I loved him and needed him. I started making arrangements for my move to Canada that day lol. I wish you and Manda the best, and know you'll be together again soon :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm sure you two will figure a way to make the miles between you disappear!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm sure you two will figure a way to make the miles between you disappear!

We're working on that.... :wink:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    What a great romance! You are such a gentleman...
    :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Awwwwwww...your post is so darn sweet!!!
    So glad you guys had a great time and I think both you and Mandi are very very lucky to have found each other...

Keep us posted....
    The internet can be an amazing thing..
    Kim
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    OMG I totally got a creeper...

I am so happy for the two of you!
  • sunbug501
    sunbug501 Posts: 180
    Options
    Just hang in there!!! God has definitely brought you two together for a reason and there is no distance to great for Him to pull you two together!!! I am so happy for you both. Just look at the time apart as an opportunity for God to grow you more....and I can't wait for you guys to be together again!

I feel for ya both. :ohwell:

Hugs,
    Jen
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have been loving following you both on the whole MFP romance thing! So cute and heart-warming. Can't wait to hear about how you two find a way to make it work. I have no doubt that you will.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    How sweet! :flowerforyou:

I wish you both the best!! :heart: