How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in is at my Weight Watcher meeting on Thursday morning... but I have tendency to "check in" on my home scale on Monday & Wednesday, just to see how I'm doing.

It's only been in the last year or so that I've been able to get on the scale to check and not have it ruin my day. For years, if I was up I would think I had blown it and overeat during the day. Or if my weight was down, I felt I could celebrate and eat more. That explains a lot about why it took me so long to lose weight.... :laugh:
  • JustAGemini
    JustAGemini Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Usually when I wake up to go to work... but Ive convinced myself it only really counts on weigh in days when I actually record it. :bigsmile:

same here, I like to have an idea of where I'm at but only count it once a week :)
  • SNOWolfx3
    SNOWolfx3 Posts: 16
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in about and month and a half (last doctors appt). I started this website about 3 weeks ago and the last time I weighed myself I was fluctuating between 136-138 lbs. I finally weighed myself today on the Wii Fit, and I weigh 127 lbs ! :D
  • Andrew_peter
    Andrew_peter Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Aim for once every two weeks as the surprise of weight loss is the best when it's like 4+ lbs in one shot!!

All I could think when I read this was---or 4lbs of gain! This is why I weigh so often; I would hate to not know I was gaining (or not losing) and be able to self-correct. But I'm glad that weighing less often works for a lot of other people =)

Believe me that's just what I aim for. Will sometimes still hop the scale after having a bad day, or just feeling apprehensive about what I ate in the previous day, etc... When I do make it through 2 weeks without a weigh-in it's always a bit scary getting on and seeing the results!!
  • silverlotus
    silverlotus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I try to do it once a week on a Sunday but occasionally I will step on the scale in between if I get really curious. Sometimes that's a good thing, others not so much.
  • justjean
    justjean Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with weighing myself. I don't skip a day. Every morning, I get on the scale and log my weight.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    every day after a shower. I record it daily too - gains or losses. I'm well aware that eating my regular caloric intake is not going to make me gain 4# over night, so most likely I haven't drank enough water the day before or ate something high in sodium. I've learned a lot from my daily weigh-ins
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself a lot lol I only record it once or twice a week
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192
    Options
    daily, obsessed I guess...probably 2 to 5 times a day..lol...

It's right next to the bed, so I just jump on every time I am upstairs.

I don't record it either. I am where I am supposed to be, so I just "check in".
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    2x per month about the middle and end of the month. I'm trying to lose .5-1 lb. per week so I don't see any point in checking more often.
  • soccerfan1961
    soccerfan1961 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I want to stay on top of any flucuations. I keep track on a weekly basis.
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    Once a month. I am trying to work on ridding myself of a dieter's mentality. While I still want to shed some pounds, instead of obsessing about my weight, I want to be focused on more important things, such as turning 100% clean eating from a short-term fix to a lifestyle change.
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Usually when I wake up to go to work... but Ive convinced myself it only really counts on weigh in days when I actually record it. :bigsmile:
    this.

Agree.:laugh:
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I like to see the fluctuations in my weight. I used to weigh myself once a week and then get bummed if I hadn't lost anything/ put on weight. Now with this I can see that it goes up and day everyday but the trend is always down.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    It used to be daily, but starting this week, I'm only going to weigh myself once a week. I find it freeing not to let the scale rule me. I know if I follow my plan, I will lose weight.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Once a month, probably. Or less. I usually don't even bother unless I'm curious. I don't need a scale to tell me my pants are too tight. My love handles do that all on their own, without a number attached.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    everyday, and everyday my weight changes
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    every day.
  • Everyday few days. I was a once a day, every morning person but it was depressing to see the scale fluctuate everyday.