Protein Powder without artificial sweetner

Options
Hi,
I've been researching into which protein powder to purchase and everyone I've come across so far has artificial sweetners. Can anyone recommend one without artificial sweetners.

Also ladies what nutritional supplements are you using.

Thanks

xxx

Replies

• tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    Shakeology. Nothing artificial in it.
  • veronicamiranda3781
    veronicamiranda3781 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's a lie shakeology has GMOs and many refined sugars. Nutiva hemp protein or raw protein are high quality
  • SaundraM2009
    SaundraM2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is probably your best bet. It is sweetened with Stevia (which isn't SUGAR, but it's from a plant instead of being artificially made).
  • veronicamiranda3781
    Options
    As far as supplements , I drink protein shakes once in a while and I take a multi vitamin. On workout days I take a preworkout which includes citrulline, arginine, tyrosine, beta alanine. These all help with natural process in my body. I've seen great results. They are pure and contain no sugar ofcourse. you can look up what each one does and buy accordingly. I bought mine from amazon in bulk.
  • veronicamiranda3781
    Options
    Shakeology is 130 bucks if you aren't a coach. The ingredients in it make it seem tempting but there aren't enough"super foods" to make a difference in your body. Organic protein powders are you best bet. I think people from team beach body think that shakeology is the be all end all cus it worked for them to lose weight but if you replace a meal with ANY shake you will lose weight obviously cus you're taking in less calories. Go on food babe.com where she researches the ingredients for major protein shake brands and go from there. I wish you the best of health!
  • cphaneuf16
    cphaneuf16 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this -- as in, I tried my first protein powder last week. Jay Robb uses Stevia, which is a natural sweetener. It's OK, but very expensive compared to others! I was able to drink it with almond milk, but not with water. It's not the one for me.

Today I tried Solgar Whey to Go because they sell it at my local grocery store. It's made with beet sugar. I mixed it with chocolate almond milk and it was actually GOOD! I need to try it with unsweetened almond milk to give it a full test, though.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of unflavoured powders out there.

My previous batch was pulsin soy powder. Not the best tasting stuff, but cheap and low in calories. I used mine more as an additive to food than as a drink, and being unflavoured meant i could add it to sweet or savory stuff.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Splenda (sucralose) is corn based. So why is it worse for you than Stevia? (answer: marketing!)
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Unflavored Unjury You can buy it online. It is tasteless and good for the calories/protein/carb factors. You can buy samples to test them out. But I think the flavored ones have aspartame.

Why in the world would someone pay $130 for a protein powder Shakeology?? Are you insane?
  • veronicamiranda3781
    Options
    There have been many studies done proving splenda is awful for your body, its genetically notified crap. As far as stevia there hasn't been much research on the effects. The research that has been done on rats suggests no substantial evidence of stevia being bad for your health.
  • peasantsong
    peasantsong Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I use bluebonnet whey protein isolate which is sweetened with stevia. It's $40 for 2lbs on amazon.
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use Vital Whey, natural. No sugar or other junk. From grass fed cows.
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I use Designer Whey and Optimum Nutrition Natural...neither have artificial sweeteners, just a very small amount of sugar (2g per serving) which I'm fine with.

I take Magnesium Glyconate, sometimes a potassium supplement and Omega-3 Wild Salmon Oil.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Dymatize All-Natural is sweetened with Stevia.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    There have been many studies done proving splenda is awful for your body,

Really? Can you link me to some of these studies?

Links to the studies themselves, please. Let's avoid linking to any stories about the studies.
  • tenintwenty
    Options
    Shakeology is a rip. Just get unflavored whey or egg protein powder from GNC.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Sucralose does not generate glycemic load in diabetes patients:
    http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/19/9/1004.short

"113 safety studies have been conducted on sucralose and its hydrolysis products. The results of these studies demonstrate the safety of sucralose for human consumption."
    http://www.cabdirect.org/abstracts/20000313136.html

"We conclude that sucralose, delivered by intragastric infusion, does not stimulate insulin, GLP-1, or GIP release or slow gastric emptying in healthy humans."
    http://ajpgi.physiology.org/content/296/4/G735.short

Sucralose had no poor health effects in animals, even at high doses (except that they ate less when the food had enormous amounts of sucralose):
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278691500000284
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    That's a lie shakeology has GMOs and many refined sugars. Nutiva hemp protein or raw protein are high quality
    That is not true. The sugar is not refined sugar and it does not have any GMO's in it. Google the label and ingredients and see for yourself.
    I am a Beachbody coach, true, but I already have a job that I made six figures with last year, so I don’t need the money. I have helped many people lose some weight, get fit and gain confidence. Nothing you can say about me or what I believe in can change that.
    You have demonstrated poor judgment with the hurtful things you have said in your several posts on this discussion; about what I am, who I represent and what I (and many many others) consider to be a top notch supplement, one that has worked for countless. At first I was angry, until I took a looked at your profile and saw how old you are. Maybe you will mature as you get a bit older.
    I’m sure the supplements that you insist are the best are good. I can’t judge since I have never tried them or even looked them up. I’m glad you’re at least passionate about health and fitness.
    Good luck with things,

Joe
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb which has Stevia. It's also about $150 less a month than Shakeology. :laugh:
  • alabamamommy
    Options
    310 Nutrition. Best, by far! :)