dont eat after 6??

Options
Dose it REALLY work I have a late lunch so by six I'm not hungry and i end up eating my dinner around 7or8
So does the cut off @6 really work if it does I will put in a bigger effort to have my dinner at a earlier time also is it ok to have a snack if I get hungry since Iwill be eating at a earlier time -Thanks :)

Replies

• jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter what time you eat, as long as its within you calorie limits. I don't eat dinner until after 10pm most nights
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    It's not WHEN you eat, it's WHAT you eat. :)
  • chelsx4430
    chelsx4430 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It depends on what time you go to bed. I've read that you shouldn't eat 2-3 hours before bed. I'm really bad at following this since I usually have a snack after dinner, but on times that I have cut off eating earlier, the scale does read lower....whether that's just food in my stomach or actual weight, I'm not sure. Overall I do think it helps to cut yourself off earlier, but I don't think an hour difference will make a huge change.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You can eat any time. You can even eat in bad.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Second this! That myth has been debunked - the only reason people think that works is because some people tend to go for lots of ice cream late at night that they wouldn't eat earlier (but if you're eating the same dinner you'd eat earlier, it's fine)!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I really wish this myth would go away.

OP, as others have said, it doesn't matter when you.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I eat meal1 at 6:00am & I finish meal 6 at 11:00pm. It's not when you eat, it's what you eat. Just stay within your calories & you'll be fine.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever ya wannnaaa eat!! I do IF tho, so i dont eat breakfast or past 6ish.... But im not hungry during those times now anywaaays.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I eat right up to the moment I go to bed. Meal timing is irrelevant.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    People are different, do what works for you.

I seem to remember Oprah swore by this a few years back. Seen her lately?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Oprah Winfrey has a personal chef and a trainer. I'm sure these people are what helped her lose the weight, rather than when she consumed her calories.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    If I couldn't eat after 6 I wouldn't get dinner most of the time. On rehearsal nights I don't eat until 10!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    has anyone posted a gremlin photo yet?

...no?
  • narcissus1199
    narcissus1199 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's 6pm somewhere... :smile:

That's like saying if you deposit checks into the bank after a certain time the are worth more or less. Take a step back and look at the broader picture. Weekly. Monthly. Calories in, calories out. Find the right balance for you and your lifestyle.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I work nights 5 days a week. I eat at all kinds of crazy hours.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options

Oprah Winfrey has a personal chef and a trainer. I'm sure these people are what helped her lose the weight, rather than when she consumed her calories.

Perhaps I should have been clearer. She's still overweight, it didn't work.
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I think what you eat is most important; however, I don’t think you should go to bed on a full stomach. Personally I don’t eat two hours before bed.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat a couple hours before bedtime, just because I get indigestion otherwise.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Research has found that the digestive process can have serious implications on your sleep cycle, causing you to wake up more often, and have a harder time falling asleep in the first place.

If it isn't' interfering with your sleep I don't think it matters.

The studies / science seems to be back and forth / inconclusive as to whether it impacts weight gain.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It's a myth...I've always eaten a late dinner. I'm eating dinner right now. And I've kept off my 70lbs for a LONG time!