So Many Nerds! <3 Calling all Nerds

Options

Replies

• cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm a total geek.

My geeky traits/interests include, but are not limited to:

- Reading mass amounts of sci-fi/fantasy/dystopian literature (Jules Verne, H.G Wells, Bradbury, Orwell, Vonnegut, Arthur C. Clark, George RR Martin, Anne Rice, Philip K. **** and many more). I like black humor.

-Playing computer games like Skyrim, WOW, The Sims, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, Civilization IV, City of Heroes (RIP).

- Being paranoid that we are living in a virtual simulation created by our technologically superior selves, or that we have been genetically altered by alien beings as some sort of experiment.

- Anything paranormal.

Anyone who is like-minded, feel free to add me. It is hard to find people to talk conspiracy theories with. I would love to meet people who share my interests and also my weight loss goals. I am 5'6, currently around 142 lbs, trying to take off about 10 of those.

EDIT: Oh, and I really love beer. I would like to meet people who are passionate about beer and incorporate it into a healthy lifestyle. Not really geeky, but one of my favorite things.

Inviting people to share their conspiracy theories with you eh? That sounds like MK Ultra tactics. You going to melt my brain man.....
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Derp.... 33lmus0.jpg
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Major geek, bit of a nerd and gamer too. Feel free to add.
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    We all know that one girl that you want to tell, "You're not a nerd. You're just a *kitten* that found a pair of Buddy Holly Glasses."
  • sleepyotter
    sleepyotter Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Steampunk enthusiast here!

I also tend to get really giddy when a new Legend of Zelda game comes out.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    If geeky/dork=nerd add away :)<3
  • narcoleptic_mongoose
    Options
    I am a tabletop rpg DM/GM and my players have gotten into a habit of bribing me with junk food... I say NO MORE!

Always looking for friends =) feel free to add
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    haha I guess Im pretty nerdy. Interests include: DBZ, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Batman, drawing, reading, N64, Gamecube, etc.
  • TheGnomeQueen
    Options
    We all know that one girl that you want to tell, "You're not a nerd. You're just a *kitten* that found a pair of Buddy Holly Glasses."

+1 Michael
  • Katies9484
    Katies9484 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nerd here!! I'm a Whovian, Gamer (mostly Nintendo/PS3), avid reader of books,lover of The Walking Dead (comics AND the show), comics in general, and crafter. Looking to lose weight to feel better about myself and to start cosplaying at conventions. Feel free to add me!!!
  • LeahRandom
    LeahRandom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Me too! And I love the Nerd PSA, even though by those standards I don't qualify. Much like how I can pass for straight, I can pass for normal most days, but if you come into my house, see my car, or see my Leia tat, then my cover is totally blown.
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to be a Nerd... I'm too busy mining LOOT *****es!!!
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yeahhhhhhh theatre nerds! Woot woot. I'm ASMing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat right now, and I'm auditioning for Luisa in The Fantasticks later on this month.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options

+1 Michael

NERD PSA: http://youtu.be/Ir3v5yDk9Ws
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    So, we're all going to our respective ComicCons right?
  • agiantmuffin
    Options
    Okay okay, I'll bite. Big geek here xD
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Met my husband in anime club in college (he was the president of the club at the time) and went to video game club together for dates. We're also entry level trekkies and have even done cosplay for conventions on occasion. We're just a pair of lovey-dovey geeks hahaha. ^o^ Wonderful to see fellow nerds here on MFP!! Feel free to add me! =)

Our college has an anime club too! I loved it for a while, but the new president is a dictator, so he won't let us even have a say in the series we watch, and the ones he wants to watch are ones that we have all seen. I mean, seriously, what anime lover has NOT seen the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? Hint: EVERYBODY HAS SEEN IT EXACTLY 14,589,778,246 TIMES!!! No need to watch it again in anime club when we could be watching a new series.
  • VerityEnola
    Options
    Hmm… SuperWhoLockian with a large dab of Good Omens, with a sheer fondness for good literature! Count me in!
    Cutting a few pounds for overall health and mostly for my fem! 11th doctor and Knives Chau cosplays. :laugh:
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    SuperWhoLock who loves Steampunk!! Add me anyone!
  • arizonahiker
    arizonahiker Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Got to love Zombies, Please add me