Stupid Ice Cream!

Options
2»

Replies

• Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Well crap, I didn't know that either. I was pretty impressed by what a serving of ice cream was, but I too have been measuring it in a dry measuring cup. Boooo
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    My wife is getting me 5 servings right now ( like a good wife should )....:bigsmile: She only gets 3.....:angry:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    metric system FTW :tongue:
  • CRMstar
    CRMstar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You should try Arctic Zero ice cream substitute! It only has 150 calories per pint. You can eat the whole thing if you really want.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    A bit off topic here but I was reading an article tonight that said consuming anything cold (ice cream or even ice cold water) can slow down your metabolism and stall digestion. It explained why, but too much to write here. Google it for educational purposes. It said to get used to drinking water at room temperature or drink it 30 min after you eat. And also it said if you eat ice cream or frozen yogurt to either eat it with something warm or to let it sit in your mouth a minute to warm it up before swallowing it. It said continuous eating of cold things can make you gain weight due to the affects it has on your body (that would include the ice water). I think eating hot apple pie with my ice cream would do the trick in keeping my tummy warm and aid in the digestion :) yum!
    None of that is true, just FYI.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    A bit off topic here but I was reading an article tonight that said consuming anything cold (ice cream or even ice cold water) can slow down your metabolism and stall digestion. It explained why, but too much to write here. Google it for educational purposes. It said to get used to drinking water at room temperature or drink it 30 min after you eat. And also it said if you eat ice cream or frozen yogurt to either eat it with something warm or to let it sit in your mouth a minute to warm it up before swallowing it. It said continuous eating of cold things can make you gain weight due to the affects it has on your body (that would include the ice water). I think eating hot apple pie with my ice cream would do the trick in keeping my tummy warm and aid in the digestion :) yum!
    None of that is true, just FYI.

If it were, I would be doomed!
  • mstidham81
    Options
    Ignore the really nasty haters on here, sweetie! Sorry some people have nothing to do but belittle others for their effort and courage in sharing their experience (you know...there is NEVER a dumb question except the one you don't ask) and good luck!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Ignore the really nasty haters on here, sweetie! Sorry some people have nothing to do but belittle others for their effort and courage in sharing their experience (you know...there is NEVER a dumb question except the one you don't ask) and good luck!

LOLWUT?

I read every post and didn't see these "really nasty haters." Maybe I'm going blind.